BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 180
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys need to recommend me some more movies. Last time this year you guys told me about the doc Fastball which I like and Steve said Moneyball which was good too.

What else ya got for me?
View Quote
Goon and the sequel Goon: Last of the Enforcers  . It's a hockey movie, lots of violence and funny as hell. Just don't let the kids watch it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Gerrit Cole has been traded to Houston and the Pirates got bent over in return.

Never trade with Houston. They are very, very dishonest.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Take the Astros out of the equation and the result is the same because our front office is incompetent and our owner refuses to spend any money on the team. Until that changes, the Pirates exist to be a second farm system for everyone else.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gerrit Cole has been traded to Houston and the Pirates got bent over in return.

Never trade with Houston. They are very, very dishonest.
View Quote
The bullshit level just hit 11 with this post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Jerry Manuel is on MLBN right now saying that 'we need to segregate to be able to integrate' in order to promote black culture back into the game. If you look at the WBC, they have Latin cultures expressing themselves in the game, and Asian cultures expressing themselves in the game, but there is no expression of black culture in the game. So, according to Jerry, they need a black team to promote black culture back into the game.

Happy MLK Day everyone!
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think he was just referring to the WBC and not having an all black team in MLB.

But the bottom line is that he is obviously feeling marginalized. It's someone else's fault that American blacks don't want to play baseball anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
are you feeling that way b/c mccutch just went to the giants???
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

are you feeling that way b/c mccutch just went to the giants???
View Quote
No word yet on who they got back?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No word yet on who they got back?
View Quote
Bob Nightengale reported they didn't trade any draft picks or top prospects.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bob Nightengale reported they didn't trade any draft picks or top prospects.
View Quote

So they got bent over again?

Geeze!
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Geeze!
View Quote
you think the Astros trade was that bad? why?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I would say the Astro's won the trade in a huge way. They gave up two MLB pitchers, who are inconsistent at best, a 3rd baseman who is very limited in what he can do defensively and was never going to be an everyday player and a prospect, who was not one of their top prospects. The Pirates gave up a top of the rotation starter with two years of control left, who has legitimate Cy-Young potential. If the Pirates had gotten back one of the Astro's top prospects (i.e. Whitley/Tucker/Alvarez) or even their best bubble prospect (Derek Fisher), then I would say that the trade was much more fair. To me, it has the potential to be as lop sided as the Rockets trade with OKC when they acquired Harden.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would say the Astro's won the trade in a huge way. They gave up two MLB pitchers, who are inconsistent at best, a 3rd baseman who is very limited in what he can do defensively and was never going to be an everyday player and a prospect, who was not one of their top prospects. The Pirates gave up a top of the rotation starter with two years of control left, who has legitimate Cy-Young potential. If the Pirates had gotten back one of the Astro's top prospects (i.e. Whitley/Tucker/Alvarez) or even their best bubble prospect (Derek Fisher), then I would say that the trade was much more fair. To me, it has the potential to be as lop sided as the Rockets trade with OKC when they acquired Harden.
View Quote
ah, i see.

the only thing different about the rockets trade being Harden was gonna walk. usually, when an NBA star will walk b/c his current team won't pay him, and he finds a new team as a FA, those teams will work out a sign and trade so the initial team gets at least something in the trade, and the player gets to keep his bird rights.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Feliz and Musgrove can help Pittsburgh now; Musgrove as a rotation piece and Feliz as a solid 'pen arm who could be converted to a starting pitcher if Pittsburgh can work their magic on him.  The Pirates needed pitching help at the ML level with Cole's departure and last season's trade of Tony Watson.  So I understand the motivation from their perspective.

The Pirates also understood that their leverage in any Cole trade was rapidly diminishing.  So they took what they could get.  Taking Frazier out of the picture, I'm guessing the Yankees would have had to build a package around something like Dellin Betances and Jordan Montgomery and can then understand why Cashman would have offered up Frazier instead and why Huntington would have declined.  They already have Polanco and Marte at the corners with Austin Meadows looking for a job soon.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Live footage of Cutch heading to the airport-

Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/8toYurdcgn9Cw/giphy.gif
View Quote
Damn, that's cold.

But seriously, I'm glad he's gone. The rest of the team has been carrying him since 2015.

So long as Huntington keeps Cervelli, Harrison, and Sean Rodriquez, I'm happy. If those guys go, I'm burning PNC down and pissing on the ashes. I doubt they could find a jury to convict.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Geeze!
View Quote
Nope. Getting anything for Cutch is a net gain for the Bucs. Cash, a couple prospects, a new Mrs. T Pierogie Mascot, (mmmm, pierogis...), a stck of chewed gum from a pack of '86 Fleer cards, a '91 Yugo, anything...just so long as he became someone else's problem.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

you think the Astros trade was that bad? why?
View Quote
They didn't get a single Top 100 prospect back. You have to get a Top 100 prospect for two years of Garrit Cole.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Feliz and Musgrove can help Pittsburgh now; Musgrove as a rotation piece and Feliz as a solid 'pen arm who could be converted to a starting pitcher if Pittsburgh can work their magic on him.  The Pirates needed pitching help at the ML level with Cole's departure and last season's trade of Tony Watson.  So I understand the motivation from their perspective.

The Pirates also understood that their leverage in any Cole trade was rapidly diminishing.  So they took what they could get.  Taking Frazier out of the picture, I'm guessing the Yankees would have had to build a package around something like Dellin Betances and Jordan Montgomery and can then understand why Cashman would have offered up Frazier instead and why Huntington would have declined.  They already have Polanco and Marte at the corners with Austin Meadows looking for a job soon.
View Quote
While I can certainly justify the trade on the Pirates end, I think they could have gotten a better deal. I have watched both Feliz and Musgrove since they came into the big leagues. They both have potential to be decent, but definitely do not have the upside of someone like Cole. Musgrove has an ERA average of around 4.50 and Feliz is around 5.00. Feliz has potential to be a solid reliever, and at times in 2016 he was amazing, but he's got to get back to that form, which he was not in this year. Musgrove is just kinda ehhhh, he might end up around 3rd in their rotation, but he's not going to be of much help at this point. IF the Pirates can get the most out of these guys they acquired, I'd say the trade was decent, but still in the Astros' favor. I personally would have waited until the trade deadline, where you have a club that did not expect to be in the hunt, itching to add a playoff arm and willing to pay for it because they think they have a shot. Then again, I'm not a GM of a baseball team so what do I know lol.

Side note, The Giants are going to be pretty decent this year if all their pieces can come together.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
While I can certainly justify the trade on the Pirates end, I think they could have gotten a better deal. I have watched both Feliz and Musgrove since they came into the big leagues. They both have potential to be decent, but definitely do not have the upside of someone like Cole. Musgrove has an ERA average of around 4.50 and Feliz is around 5.00. Feliz has potential to be a solid reliever, and at times in 2016 he was amazing, but he's got to get back to that form, which he was not in this year. Musgrove is just kinda ehhhh, he might end up around 3rd in their rotation, but he's not going to be of much help at this point. IF the Pirates can get the most out of these guys they acquired, I'd say the trade was decent, but still in the Astros' favor. I personally would have waited until the trade deadline, where you have a club that did not expect to be in the hunt, itching to add a playoff arm and willing to pay for it because they think they have a shot. Then again, I'm not a GM of a baseball team so what do I know lol.

Side note, The Giants are going to be pretty decent this year if all their pieces can come together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youre definitely not wrong. But I also dont think the Pirates got "fucked" like Ive heard either. Like I said, I just dont think they really had many options on Cole and grabbed what they could. It could work out well, if they play them intelligently. It could end they get fucked too, but its equally possible they wont. We'll see. We agree more than we disagree.

Look up the Steamer projections on Musgrove. Its pretty good. If Pittsburgh views him as Steamer does, I can see why they liked him.

And yeah. I also agree about the Giants. But them and the Dodgers always get in a spending race just like the Red Sox and the Yankees.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#22]
The thing is, without Cole, we still have an extremely okay rotation of Nova, Williams, Kuhl, Taillon, and Glasnow. It's nothing groundbreaking, but at the same time other than Nova they are all young. They still have time to develop. And Nova is only 31. But we have so many gaps to fill and no money to do it with. Based on how the Bucs performed in 16 and 17, pretty much any move is a good move for them. They didn't make any hard changes between 15 and 16 (putside of pitchng) and went from 98 wins in 15 to 78 wins in 16 to 75 wins in 17. Something has to give.

ADDED: I'm a big fan of statistics, SABRmetrics, and the like, but I think the scouts have it right: numbers don't tell you everything. You to look at the man and I've watched Cole for the last two years. He gets rattled easily, has to have constant mound visits from both the pitching coach and catcher, and like I wrote above, when he's good he's very good, but when he isn't he's in a rut. I think that all things considered losing Cole is a plus for the Bucs. I actually hope the Astros can do something with him. Maybe they do see something in him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#23]
It looks like the Giants were looking at getting Yelich and Realmuto from the Marlins. Now that they have McCutchen, the Giants aren't interested. I'm sure they'll find homes somewhere and the Marlins will let them go for a song and a dance.

Jeter is turning out to be Loria 2.0.  I will never understand why someone buys a team and intentionally wrecks it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It looks like the Giants were looking at getting Yelich and Realmuto from the Marlins. Now that they have McCutchen, the Giants aren't interested. I'm sure they'll find homes somewhere and the Marlins will let them go for a song and a dance.

Jeter is turning out to be Loria 2.0.  I will never understand why someone buys a team and intentionally wrecks it.
View Quote
Let's be honest, that team was already a disaster when Jeter and his organization bought it. They don't have any fans, they can't win and they have nothing for prospects. The one thing that they did have was a handful of good players and stupid contracts.

It's going to take a lot of work to turn that club around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let's be honest, that team was already a disaster when Jeter and his organization bought it. They don't have any fans, they can't win and they have nothing for prospects. The one thing that they did have was a handful of good players and stupid contracts.

It's going to take a lot of work to turn that club around.
View Quote
I agree with the first part, but the curse of small market teams with skinflint owners is they rarely get better for any length of time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeter got ripped off. The club was over-valued by a few hundred million.

Manfred knew it, and allowed it in order to "protect" other owners on how they [over]value their teams too.

Plus Miami and their fans have been getting dicked for years with dumb management. Building a crappy new stadium on the old orange bowl site. Trying to bring in a Latin fanbase then your manager, Ozzie Guillen, says Castro wasnt that bad. Seriously, WTF was he thinking?! On and on. Its been a shitshow for awhile there.

Now bring in Jeter and leak his "Project Wolverine". The few fans that city have left have a right to be pissed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Damn, that's cold.

But seriously, I'm glad he's gone. The rest of the team has been carrying him since 2015.

So long as Huntington keeps Cervelli, Harrison, and Sean Rodriquez, I'm happy. If those guys go, I'm burning PNC down and pissing on the ashes. I doubt they could find a jury to convict.
View Quote
Put down the matchbook....

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/13187931-74/pirates-josh-harrison-requests-to-be-traded
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Jeter got ripped off. The club was over-valued by a few hundred million.

Manfred knew it, and allowed it in order to "protect" other owners on how they [over]value their teams too.

Plus Miami and their fans have been getting dicked for years with dumb management. Building a crappy new stadium on the old orange bowl site. Trying to bring in a Latin fanbase then your manager, Ozzie Guillen, says Castro wasnt that bad. Seriously, WTF was he thinking?! On and on. Its been a shitshow for awhile there.

Now bring in Jeter and leak his "Project Wolverine". The few fans that city have left have a right to be pissed.
View Quote
and they still have two WS wins in the past twenty seasons, more than most teams in the MLB!! fucking nuts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

My one-sided man crush is leaving! Goddamn it! I LOVE Harrison. He hustles and always has fun doing it.

Well, that's it. Might as well kill myself.

Fuckin' Pirates. They killed my great grandfather with disappointment. They killed my grandfather with shitty playing. They're working on killing my folks with their constant losing. And now they've managed to kill me with trades.

Fuckin' Pirates.

Fuckin' Pirates.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

and they still have two WS wins in the past twenty seasons, more than most teams in the MLB!! fucking nuts.
View Quote
Like in 1997?

Good times.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats literally the exact argument Manfred made. We talked about it a few pages ago.
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/sad_panda-422608.JPG

My one-sided man crush is leaving! Goddamn it! I LOVE Harrison. He hustles and always has fun doing it.

Well, that's it. Might as well kill myself.

Fuckin' Pirates. They killed my great grandfather with disappointment. They killed my grandfather with shitty playing. They're working on killing my folks with their constant losing. And now they've managed to kill me with trades.

Fuckin' Pirates.

Fuckin' Pirates.
View Quote
At first I thought I understood what they were doing. Now I dont know. Fan base is getting pretty angry from a few other sites Ive seen. Just happened to be on that site right as that article was posted. And yeah I remember in the past few years of these threads I posted if the Bucs ever win it all, the very next day Im driving to rural PA to drop a scorecard on my Grandpa's grave.
Quoted:

Like in 1997?

Good times.
View Quote
I hate you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Let's say they get rid of Harrison (fuckers). All we have in the Outfield is Marte (juiced) and Polanco (injury prone). Infield, he have Bell on 1st, Mercer at SS and huge gaps at 2nd and 3rd. Cervelli is solid behind the plate and Diaz is moving up to the bench, so we're good there.

We'll have to move Sean-Rod somewhere, probably RF, Marte in CF, and Polanco in LF.

ADDED: I know J-Hay got a lot of flak about one good year at the bat that he used for a contract and he was really just a utility player that never should have been a starter, but I just loved watching him play. He always hustled, was always happy, and was always pumped up in the dugout. He was just a lot of fun to watch, never made headlines with bad behavior, and was very involved with local charities.  I will actually miss him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#33]
The Pirates still have David Freese

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#34]
You now, I still watch a lot of MLB Network, but this offseason is bullshit.

First off, The Greatest Team in the History of Baseball is in a rebuilding year, so nothing really excites me.

And B, no one is making any big signings. All of the top free agents are all free agents, and JD Martinez says that he's willing to go to March without signing if that's what it takes to get them dollas.

All we've got, is people debating about whether or not Trevor Hoffmann belongs in the Hall of Fame and Matty V with that goddamn soundboard. The Pirates tear down is the fucking highlight of the offseason. Well, that and the Yankees acquiring redundant, insanely expensive, older Aaron Judge.

This is the worst offseason ever.

I hope the fucking Twins win the division this year. Fuck Cleveland.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Damn, that's cold.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/8toYurdcgn9Cw/giphy.gif
Damn, that's cold.

Those guys are done, mentally, even if they don't get dealt by the pirates.  Two for sure were good friends of mccutcheon's, not sure about cervelli, but he posted a on twitter, after the trade.   Harrison says he now wants to be traded.
Being traded or acquired by the pirates is again baseball purgatory.  Guys will retire like derek lee, or even break their own hands.
The only hope for Pirate fans is for the MLB to step in and force nutting to sell.   Otherwise it'll be another 20-30 years of losing teams.  Its the nutting way.  All you have to do is look at what papers they owned when the family business was newspapers.  The wheeling intelligencer and johnstown birdcage liner where their flagships.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Haha, we got some pissed off fans here now too.
So far the Jay's big off season acquisition is the signing of 36 y/o Curtis Granderson for 5 mil/year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Those guys are done, mentally, even if they don't get dealt by the pirates.  Two for sure were good friends of mccutcheon's, not sure about cervelli, but he posted a on twitter, after the trade.   Harrison says he now wants to be traded.
Being traded or acquired by the pirates is again baseball purgatory.  Guys will retire like derek lee, or even break their own hands.
The only hope for Pirate fans is for the MLB to step in and force nutting to sell.   Otherwise it'll be another 20-30 years of losing teams.  Its the nutting way.  All you have to do is look at what papers they owned when the family business was newspapers.  The wheeling intelligencer and johnstown birdcage liner where their flagships.
View Quote
You're right. We've had 3 winning seasons in 25 years. At this rate it may be a generational thing. The occasional winning season but mostly futility.

I will never understand the mentality behind buying a sports franchise and not spend money on it. Maybe not to the level of the Yankees, where they just buy their way into the playoffs year after year, but enough to be competitive. So long as Nutting has the purse strings and Huntington  goes along with the plan to treat nickels like manhole covers, the team is never going to go anyplace and more importantly, players will not want to play in Pittsburgh.

I wonder if the minority stakeholders can force the issue or if the MLB will put pressure on Nutting. It doesn't do anyone any good to have teams that are perpetual losers because the front office just doesn't want to do what is necessary to put a team on the field that can win. It hurts the team's brand, it hurts the MLB brand, and it hurts baseball as a sport. I mean, look at the NL Central. The Reds suck, we suck, the Brewers were surprisingly good last year but will they last? All this does is make the Division Race a contest between the Cards and Cubs from Day 1. Why bother?

I'd be shocked if we didn't lose 100 games this season. I'd much rather have a team that can make a run at the postseason and fall short than a team that we know from before Truck Day is already eliminated.

ADDED: This article is right on the money https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/01/16/pittsburgh-pirates-andrew-mccutchen-gerrit-cole-bob-nutting

The most damning line: "A team worth a billion dollars and with nearly $300 million in revenue last year chooses to hide behind cries of poverty."

Boom. Head shot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You now, I still watch a lot of MLB Network, but this offseason is bullshit.

First off, The Greatest Team in the History of Baseball is in a rebuilding year, so nothing really excites me.

And B, no one is making any big signings. All of the top free agents are all free agents, and JD Martinez says that he's willing to go to March without signing if that's what it takes to get them dollas.

All we've got, is people debating about whether or not Trevor Hoffmann belongs in the Hall of Fame and Matty V with that goddamn soundboard. The Pirates tear down is the fucking highlight of the offseason. Well, that and the Yankees acquiring redundant, insanely expensive, older Aaron Judge.

This is the worst offseason ever.

I hope the fucking Twins win the division this year. Fuck Cleveland.
View Quote
I would like to see the  MLB network would show some winter ball from central or south america, or maybe they are playing now in Taiwan.  i think I've seen them show one fall league game a few months ago.
The pirates local cable affiliate are showing replays from last summer.  You last chance to see 22 in black and gold.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been saying that for a while. There are any number of foreign leagues, college games, and the minors (both affiliated and independent) that deserve to be looked at by the MLB and Baseball Tonight shows beyond the Majors.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Its not clear how many minoroty owners of the pittsburgh pirates there are.

When kevin mcclatchy bought the team several years ago, there were several, inculding (unfortunately) ogdon and bob nutting.  Over time the nutting manuevered to take control of the team, even though they were not majority owners, by controlling votes on the board, with at least one other owner (who had the fantasy of moving the team to charlotte).  They were the ones controlling the purse strings, and mcclatchy and the GMs like cam bonifay and they guy who followed him ended up taking all the blame for the fire sales and lousy teams.  Eventually mcclatchy could no longer afford the team, and nutting bought him out.  I think nutting had either bought out or run out the other minority owners.  One of them got fed up and sold out because he saw there was no motivation for winning.  Winning generates more revenue, not just trophies, but that drive has to be there.  The nuttings never had this competitive drive at any stage of there business life.

And I urge all pirates fans, and true baseball fans, to go and sign the change.org petitiion to ask MLB to force nutting into selling the team.  Other than boycotting buying game tickets, what else is there?   It can't hurt.  Its already at 37,000+ signatures after two days.  If the can get 150,000 or maybe even 250,000 signatures, I think they will take notice in the league offices.

https://www.change.org/p/mlb-for-mlb-to-force-bob-nutting-to-sell-the-pittsburgh-pirates
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Oh, I definitely signed. The petition won't matter to the MLB. Pirates fans staying home will. I'm not sure Nutting can move somewhere else even if he wanted to because of the deal the team made to make to have the taxpayers build PNC Park.

I did like Cole's response to reporters in Houston, "Obviously, the [Astros] values me very high, and that always feels good as a player," Cole said. "And it's refreshing to come to an environment where the team is willing to continually put resources into the club and continue to move forward and try to provide the best possible product for its fans. "

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/13192258-74/gerrit-cole-takes-shot-at-pirates-during-introduction-with-astros

I hate to be that kind of guy that walks away from the Pirates, but if that's what it takes to force a change, I may have to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#42]
This hot stove season is barely tepid at best. This sucks.

So heres a Corey Kluber slider.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#43]
The union told Manfred to fuck off on his pace of play rule changes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good. None of Manfred's rule changes have been worth a shit. The Posey Rule, Replays, Intentional Walks, every single thing Manfred and the Rule Committee has done has been a fiasco.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UiU59iL.gif
View Quote
Damn, that's Wiffle Ball shit!
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Deer Baby Cheezus,

Please protect the Mets pitching staff from injuries.

Thank you.

P.S.:

Say hi to your Dad for me!

Regards

Your friends,

Every Mets fan alive.

Attachment Attached File

ETA

Conforto out  till May

Adrian Gonzalez in on a long shot to play 1B

Lol Jay Bruce back for RF and 30 taters.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UiU59iL.gif
Yeah its pretty nasty. As soon as your eyes tell your brain 'Its comin right down the middle! Swing!' the bottom just completely falls out and it becomes unhittable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Deer Baby Cheezus,

Please protect the Mets pitching staff from injuries.

Thank you.

P.S.:

Say hi to your Dad for me!

Regards

Your friends,

Every Mets fan alive.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262787/DA1C3B41-369F-4E83-ADCF-695EFC4BC138-424747.JPG

ETA

Conforto out  till May

Adrian Gonzalez in on a long shot to play 1B

Lol Jay Bruce back for RF and 30 taters.
View Quote
Do a "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE" chant for me once this year.

I enjoyed seeing him play in person a couple times last year. Hes a good dude.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#50]
If anyone's paying attention, the petition is at 47k in 2 days.

And you can buy this shirt:

Attachment Attached File

https://breakingt.com/products/buc-off-bob?rfsn=995848.4a0697

@Spent_Casing
Don't be too surprised if I'm sporting this puppy in July.

If we're nominating wicked breaking balls, let's not forget Tim "Last of the Knuckleballers" Wakefield. I saw him throw against the Yankees once and they showed the replay and I swear the ball didn't begin to break until about a foot in front of the plate and then it dropped like a stone.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top