Page / 180
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Anibal Sanchez signed with the Twins. 1 year $2.5 million
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
My mother and I were talking about her grandfather at dinner. It occurred to me that he was born in 1890 and died in 1979, so he hung in there. In his life, he saw every Pirates WS win (1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979).

He took my grandmother (his daughter) and my mother (his granddaughter) to see games at Forbes Field. She's taken me to see games at Three Rivers and PNC.

It's pointless I know, but just a little baseball connection to way back when.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess whos back. Back again...

I dont care about his numbers last year. I dont care if its a nostalgia signing. I dont care if he doesnt play a damn game. Same with Napoli too. I want those guys in the clubhouse just being awesome. Bring back Napoli!
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, at least I can count on the Rays to do what the Rays do best...
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just saw on the gram hosmer signed 8 years with the Madres. Not sure of dollar amount.

Edit $144 mil with an opt out after 5 years
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw on the gram hosmer signed 8 years with the Madres. Not sure of dollar amount.

View Quote

Sucks to see him go, but I'm glad the Royals didn't bite that bullet.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the payroll they cleared earlier this offseason now that he's off the shopping list.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
He got his ring and is content to live out his days in SoCal mediocrity
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guess whos back. Back again...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt0Louz7oJPMJIk/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xaOcLLyNsTBTjfM5DG/giphy.gif

I dont care about his numbers last year. I dont care if its a nostalgia signing. I dont care if he doesnt play a damn game. Same with Napoli too. I want those guys in the clubhouse just being awesome. Bring back Napoli!
View Quote
I can never and will never hate Rajai Davis. He and Hall of Famer Alan Trammel are the only Tigers to hit an Ultimate Slam in my lifetime.

The radio call for this home run was awesome. Dan Dickerson was out of breath making the call. Look it up on AtBat. It's worth hearing.

Davis' grand slam wins it for the Tigers
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can never and will never hate Rajai Davis. He and Hall of Famer Alan Trammel are the only Tigers to hit an Ultimate Slam in my lifetime.

The radio call for this home run was awesome. Dan Dickerson was out of breath making the call. Look it up on AtBat. It's worth hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIiWu4SSDPM
View Quote
I cant seem to figure out how to do that. I subscribe to the AtBat app so I can listen to day games at work, but I cant seem to access any type of archives. I think I need MLB Network on my TV (which I dont have).

I always liked the International Call (Matt Vasgersian) of Rajais Game 7 HR better than stupid Bucks. SANTA MARIA!!

2016 World Series Game 7: Rajai Davis home run
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
If I didnt like the Dads so much, Id call them fucking retards for signing Hosmer for way too much money. So instead Ill post his new ZIPS projections in PETCO park.

Attachment Attached File

Padres just Padresing. oof.

So glad I dont have to see his stupid face anymore.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Must C: Clutch

The radio call for Rajai's walk off grand slam comes after the TV call.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Must C: Clutch

The radio call for Rajai's walk off grand slam comes after the TV call.
View Quote
Yep. That was great.

And now a word. From Mookie Wilson-
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a game on the radio on AtBat today. Diamond Backs vs a college team!

BASEBALL IS BACK! Spring Training games start this week!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Just last week you wrote, "Now I'm watching NHL Tonight (which is the sister station to the MLB Network), because baseball is still going to be boring and worthless for about a month." Now you're all excited about baseball because of some exhibition game?

Is a little consistency too much to ask?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh Id rather hear the Sneks mash on a party college than watch hockey too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Meh Id rather hear the Sneks mash on a party college than watch hockey too.
View Quote
Look, you. The Commies have taken Handegg from me, they've taken Star Wars from me, they've taken enjoying public masturbation and day drinking from me, they've taken innocent good natured yet ultimately harmless racism from me. Don't make me think they're taking hockey from me. I don't have the Stillers any longer, I'm stuck with the fucking Pirates, (fucking Pirates), and only have the Pens to get me through the winter.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is a little consistency too much to ask?
View Quote
I'm consistent. I still think your team sucks and I hate them. That'll never change.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm consistent. I still think your team sucks and I hate them. That'll never change.
View Quote
Big deal. I bleed Black & Gold and even I think they suck and I hate them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#22]
The Pens did a pretty good job smacking the Loafs around last night. They did what you need to do to beat the Leafs, put Austen Mathews on his butt and play the body against Marner and the rest. I still think the Pens are are favoured to go all the way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Look, you. The Commies have taken Handegg from me, they've taken Star Wars from me, they've taken enjoying public masturbation and day drinking from me, they've taken innocent good natured yet ultimately harmless racism from me. Don't make me think they're taking hockey from me. I don't have the Stillers any longer, I'm stuck with the fucking Pirates, (fucking Pirates), and only have the Pens to get me through the winter.
View Quote
googles: "dafuq is handegg?"

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
The Pens have a good shot at the Wild Card and the post-season, but the Met Division is so tight and going into the Wild Card right now, they need to do everything right and get lucky with Boston, Philly, and Toronto doing everything wrong.

Vegas getting this far just shows how messed up the expansion team-building process is. New teams shouldn't be able to just cherry pick their way to the post-season in Year 1.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

googles: "dafuq is handegg?"

View Quote
It's a cross between a ball (perfectly round) and a turd (oblong) that the Stillers have used to win the Super Bowl six times and the Browns have used to disappoint generations of Clevelanders.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's a cross between a ball (perfectly round) and a turd (oblong) that the Stillers have used to win the Super Bowl six times and the Browns have used to disappoint generations of Clevelanders.
View Quote
Oh that thing!

On one hand I feel bad for Browns fans because they are so sad. On the other its their own fault.

I cant stand sports radio. But I tuned in during the streak to see what they were saying. They were talking about the Browns the whole time. About how it was all gonna turn around. Yeah, they lost every freakin game. They get what they deserve.

I know this whole town is still pissed at the Indians from the previous owners selling off anyone worth anything, but shit, now is the time to show up and support them. They deserve it way more than the Browns. But they wont. Maybe a bit more next year after Lebron leaves again. Maybe.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Oh that thing!

On one hand I feel bad for Browns fans because they are so sad. On the other its their own fault.

I cant stand sports radio. But I tuned in during the streak to see what they were saying. They were talking about the Browns the whole time. About how it was all gonna turn around. Yeah, they lost every freakin game. They get what they deserve.

I know this whole town is still pissed at the Indians from the previous owners selling off anyone worth anything, but shit, now is the time to show up and support them. They deserve it way more than the Browns. But they wont. Maybe a bit more next year after Lebron leaves again. Maybe.
View Quote
Shamelessly stolen from the LeBron thread:

Attachment Attached File

I know Philly as a whole sucks, but everytime Pittsburgh teams play a Philly team (Stillers-Eagles, Pens-Flyers, Pirates-Phillies) it's touted as a family thing, you know between brothers. But going against the Browns just feels more like taking that asshole down the street to Fist City.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I love the look on that poor kids face-

"Why must you do this everywhere we go, Dad? I dont even like basketball anymore because of you. Id rather play Xbox with my fr..."

Dad-

"STEPH FUCKING CURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "YEAHHHH!!!!!"

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#29]
And the kid is only, what, 11?

Wait until he's a teenager and every time Dad is around the kid is mortified, just because every kid ever between the ages of 13-23 thinks their Old Man is an embarrassment.

My dad used to go out of his way to say and do things in public or around my friends that made we want to run and hide.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Manfred and the Union came to an agreement on pace of play rule changes.

Non-pitching change mound visits will be limited to 6 per nine innings.

They are adding super slow-mo to the team reviews for challenges, and they are going to be monitoring the team communications to make sure they aren't stealing signs.

They are are putting a clock on inning breaks.

They are going to start enforcing the batter staying in the box rule.

there was one other one too, I missed it though.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#31]
There's already a clock on breaks between each half inning. Or I'm confusing MLB with the minors.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There's already a clock on breaks between each half inning. Or I'm confusing MLB with the minors.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure Kauffman has a clock like that. It's somewhere over by the Rivals bar behind RF.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They are adding super slow-mo to the team reviews for challenges, and they are going to be monitoring the team communications to make sure they aren't stealing signs.

View Quote
For catchers, managers, or both total?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Total, but the exception is a visit after an offensive player change.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Total, but the exception is a visit after an offensive player change.
View Quote
I see.

Heres another exception.
ETA: Holy shit. It includes infielders too.

A player leaving his position to confer with the pitcher, including a pitcher leaving the mound to confer with another player, shall also constitute a mound visit, regardless of where the visit occurs or the length of the visit, except that the following shall not constitute mound visits:

A. Discussions between pitchers and position player(s) that (i) occur between batters in the normal course of play and do not require either the position player(s) or the pitcher to relocate;

B. Visits by position players to the mound to clean spikes in rainy conditions;

C. Visits to the mound due to an injury or potential injury of the pitcher; and

D. Visits to the mound after the announcement of an offensive substitution.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#36]
So, to recap: for 150 years this hasn't been an issue, but now that Manfred is Commissioner we need to speed up the game in the hopes of getting non-baseball fans, who don't like baseball anyways, to watch baseball even though the replays drag the game to a halt.

I really wish Rob Manfred would have a debilitating stroke. Enough so that he is perfectly conscious but has no motor control at all.

Bob Nutting is a gonorrhea on baseball and Rob Manfred is fucking syphilis.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I see.

Heres another exception.
ETA: Holy shit. It includes infielders too.

A player leaving his position to confer with the pitcher, including a pitcher leaving the mound to confer with another player, shall also constitute a mound visit, regardless of where the visit occurs or the length of the visit, except that the following shall not constitute mound visits:

A. Discussions between pitchers and position player(s) that (i) occur between batters in the normal course of play and do not require either the position player(s) or the pitcher to relocate;

B. Visits by position players to the mound to clean spikes in rainy conditions;

C. Visits to the mound due to an injury or potential injury of the pitcher; and

D. Visits to the mound after the announcement of an offensive substitution.
View Quote
To bad the managers and players don't just publicly mutiny.  Just keep playing the way they've been playing and every single time they give an interview end with "...it's YOUR game and Manfred is killing the game and has to go."
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

To bad the managers and players don't just publicly mutiny.  Just keep playing the way they've been playing and every single time they give an interview end with "...it's YOUR game and Manfred is killing the game and has to go."
View Quote
I still havent seen what the punishment is for going over. What are they gonna do?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I still havent seen what the punishment is for going over. What are they gonna do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Offending players will be sent to Miami.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sure the Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishments.

Probably warning from the ump, then ejections, then fines if it keeps happening.

I mean, what does that dickhead Manfred think will happen, shave a minute here and there and suddenly a whole new fanbase will show up? "Well, I though baseball was boring and trite and dull, but they shaved ten minutes off a game. I'm hooked now!"

I hated Selig, but I downright loathe Manfred. I wouldn't piss on him if his heart was on fire.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Probably warning from the ump, then ejections, then fines if it keeps happening.

I mean, what does that dickhead Manfred think will happen, shave a minute here and there and suddenly a whole new fanbase will show up? "Well, I though baseball was boring and trite and dull, but they shaved ten minutes off a game. I'm hooked now!"

I hated Selig, but I downright loathe Manfred. I wouldn't piss on him if his heart was on fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But what if it was raining?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Tillman back with the O’s on a one year $3 mil deal. I like the signing bc it’s low risk with a very high upside. Hopefully he’s healthy and back to 2016 form and have a solid season.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#44]
JD just signed with the Red Fux.

Edit 5 year $110 opt out after 2 years
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah just what we need. Seconds maybe even 1 whole minute shaved from a 2.5-3.5 HOUR LONG game. Who the fuck are they kidding? People are either highly intelligent and LOVE baseball, or they are dumbasses and don't. Shaving seconds off the game doesn't make retards like baseball.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Conspiracy time!

What if its made to drive down TV commercial time in order to claim they are losing valuable ad money, in order to make MLB jerseys look like soccer or NASCAR unis?

(no I dont really believe that, but I do admit that Im still not a fan of sponsors all over the outfield wall like a damn minor league park)
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#47]
If they truly want to shorten games, do away with the DH and batting gloves.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Two opt outs, and a front loaded contract where he gets $50 million in the first two years.

Dombrowski got bent over like a sissy in prison.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Two opt outs, and a front loaded contract where he gets $50 million in the first two years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he did. At first I laughed because the AAV seemed much lower than he wanted. Then I seen it was so heavily front loaded.

They were bidding against themselves. Not like there was a chance in hell he was going back to the Sneks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Back to the mound visit thing...
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top