Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 2:51:32 PM EDT
Has anyone else had a problem with the functionality of RRA 2-stage triggers? The one shown here is for a large-pin trigger group. I had to chamfer off the back end just to get it to clear enough upward travel below the selector switch to get the sear to completely disengage. Without the modification, the hammer was stuck in the cocked position.

(Edited for photo URL)

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
emailed a suggestion.....

SRM
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like they didnt mill off enough of the trigger at the factory. Call RRA they have great customer support they will make it right, but hell if it works I wouldnt worry, but I would make them aware of the problem so it is fixed.
          FREE

Quoted:
Has anyone else had a problem with the functionality of RRA 2-stage triggers? The one shown here is for a large-pin trigger group. I had to chamfer off the back end just to get it to clear enough upward travel below the selector switch to get the sear to completely disengage. Without the modification, the hammer was stuck in the cocked position.

(Edited for photo URL)

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=30012&iGalleryUnq=27&iImageUnq=17344

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a similar problem last week.  The hammer was stuck in the cocked position.  I blew out the area with one of those aircans made for keyboards & stuff and cleaned it.  It wasn't very dirty in there if at all.  Shook my confidence in the whole trigger group.   I haven't had a chance to take it to the range again.  May be really tight tolerance/clearance in that area.  It's a sweet trigger but I may go back to single stage.  Seems a lil more robust.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had to do this modification to yet another trigger. Not good.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is f'barred too.  

It is hanging on the disconnect and prevents the bolt from retracting all of the time.  

This is only after 500 or so rounds (probably more like 350 but who's counting?)

I'm going back to the G.I. trigger.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top