Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/20/2017 12:24:38 PM EDT

The staff here sucks and left the dogs unsupervised... If I was that poodles owner, I would have their neck on the chopping block.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, ain't clicking. Don't wanna' see it.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Alpha gonna alpha
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, ain't clicking. Don't wanna' see it.

A.W.D.
View Quote
It's very graphic... The dogs neck was broken and bleeding badly
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
That husky needs to be put down. In before people say the "rat dog" deserved it
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The owner agrees and wants the place shutdown or she will burn it down... I do agree that place needs to be shutdown.

A Siberian Husky violently attacked a mini Poodle leading to an unfortunate death at a dog cafe in Seoul.

The owner of the mini Poodle shared her loss of her pet in a popular online forum.

The CCTV footage from the cafe shows the Siberian husky approaching the mini poodle and violently biting the animal’s neck.

The attack proved to be too much to handle for the smaller dog. When the husky left, the mini poodle collapsed on the floor and died at the scene after spilling too much blood.

The owner of the cafe explained that the owner of the Siberian husky apologized to the mini poodle’s owner but however, the poodle owner insists that the husky should be put to sleep.

Moreover, the poodle owner wants the cafe to close down and threatened to burn the place down if they don’t adhere to her demands.

Watch the video: Viewer discretion is advised
LINK
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
As a breed, huskies are known to have a high prey drive and shouldn't be around small dogs unsupervised. This is also partly the fault of the owner for not knowing their dog. I'm nervous with mine around my parents Yorkie. He's good with her but he does not get unsupervised time with her around.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Now imagine if it was a Pit bull?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because people were irresponsible and left the dogs unattended? I don't think so.

Dog aggression is part and parcel of having and keeping dogs. Some are, and some aren't. Those that are can exhibit varying degrees of dog aggression from very little or only in certain circumstances to all dogs, all the time. There may have also been some prey drive factoring in, as little fluffy yap yaps don't always register as "dogs" to larger dogs with a high prey drive. The little dogs fall in the same category as squirrels and rabbits and rats.

The Siberian needs to be kept away from other dogs, especially little ones, and the poodle's owner needs to be generously compensated by the facility whose employees were so negligent. No one needs put down.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
That Eskie could easily be mistaken for my dog.

Lots of bark and curiosity, walks on hind legs...

Poor poodle.

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think the Husky needs to be put down. Looking at the physical indications from the husky right before the incident, the poodle may have reacted badly to the social investigation by the husky, then the husky defended itself in what obviously turned out to be a one way fight. The only ones who should have been put down were the humans for leaving dogs that obviously didn't know each other alone and unsupervised.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
1) Dogs shouldnt be in Cafe` in the first place

2) Lil dogs and big dogs that dont know each other shouldnt be un-attended

3) Blame goes all around, shop, poodle owner, husky owner.

When my sister comes to visit, she has a small lap dog. We make sure she keeps the dog away from my big dogs, we just dont know what they will do and not gonna tempt fate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll take "How huskies play" for $100 Alex.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
meh..... dogs doing dog things
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Because people were irresponsible and left the dogs unattended? I don't think so.

Dog aggression is part and parcel of having and keeping dogs. Some are, and some aren't. Those that are can exhibit varying degrees of dog aggression from very little or only in certain circumstances to all dogs, all the time. There may have also been some prey drive factoring in, as little fluffy yap yaps don't always register as "dogs" to larger dogs with a high prey drive. The little dogs fall in the same category as squirrels and rabbits and rats.

The Siberian needs to be kept away from other dogs, especially little ones, and the poodle's owner needs to be generously compensated by the facility whose employees were so negligent. No one needs put down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything here- yep

Most people with huskies don't know anything about them other then they are pretty. Nothern breeds and most large Spitz require learning about them to properly raise them.

Dog cafe owner should not be allowing large and small breeds to mix like that unsupervised. Even just large breeds unsupervised is an incredibly bad idea. My 35lb husky (he's a little guy) loves the doggie park and plays well with much larger dogs. But I'm watching him like a hawk and always have the leash ready as a lasso if he gets in a tussle. So far the worst he's done is make some noise when he got really fed up with a bully
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
meh..... dogs doing dog things
View Quote
No different than people.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might just be me but I wasn't seeing any aggressive behaviors leading up to the incident. Wondering if the poodle took a nip at the Husky where the view was obscured?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think the Husky needs to be put down. Looking at the physical indications from the husky right before the incident, the poodle may have reacted badly to the social investigation by the husky, then the husky defended itself in what obviously turned out to be a one way fight. The only ones who should have been put down were the humans for leaving dogs that obviously didn't know each other alone and unsupervised.
View Quote

Yup.  From my experience and having a GSD that shook the shit out of neighbors dog on my property.  It always starts when the smaller dog shows aggression or just the wrong energy when they get hovered over like that. If humans were too vanish all of a sudden, small dogs would die out quickly. Mainly at the fault of owners raising them like spoiled kings / queens of the pack.    Always separate small breeds from larger breeds. Most small breed owners raise shitty behaving dogs, and it will get them killed by a larger dog that won't take their shit.   I'm talking in a dog park / kennel setting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#19]
We had a female Siberian Husky that we inherited from my brother's girlfriend. My brother was at school and somehow his girlfriend gave him the Husky.

Anyway, we had two male GSDs at the time and she (Husky) tried to be the leader of the pack. The oldest GSD made her know who was in charge. Constant power struggle until the oldest GSD died.

On the hottest days of Summer the GSDs would come inside the house or lie in the patio under the swamp cooler vents. Yes, we have AC in our patio. The Husky would be out in the yard, sprawled out on her back, taking in the Sun. Weird effing dog. And CSB.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Holy shit that was brutal. Good reminder to protect the little dogs. Looked like a Bichon more than a poodle. Damn.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a little rat dog who growls and shows teeth a lot. He has tangled with other small dogs but has been quickly separated. And no blood has been shed.

Last weekend we were staying at a lake house with some friends, 4 dogs. Their biggest dog (lab mutt, 70lbs) was under the table with my little one, there was a growl and then they tangled, I quickly grabbed the lab as he was right next to me and put my leg out to separate them, my little shit dog had his eyes closed and latched on to whatever he could.... My foot! Dumbass doesn't know he is little but I didn't blame either dog. Just getting in each other's way in close quarters.

I would not be surprised if when the husky went over to the poodle, the poodle gave a grumble of sorts and the husky reacted. It's not an excuse, I just see my poodle mix do the same thing all the time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll take "How huskies play" for $100 Alex.
View Quote
That wasn't a husky "playing".

ETA I don't do "small dogs", but if I did, I'd be fucking livid.  Stranger dogs shouldn't be left unsupervised - especially with a mix of large and small dogs.  That husky should never be out in public again without being muzzled, the owner should be on the hook for any expenses, and whoever was supposed to be watching those dogs should be unemployed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#23]
That dog is an asshole. Owners are too for putting 4 dogs in that space. Attack was unprovoked.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a husky mix. She is fine with our dogs,but her favorite past time is killing critters that trespass on my land.  Turtles, snakes, opossums etc..  Huskies do have a hunter/killer instinct in them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The owner agrees and wants the place shutdown or she will burn it down... I do agree that place needs to be shutdown.

LINK
View Quote
Koreans are just starting to have dogs as pets. They have no idea what they're doing. It's not a part of their culture and they're completely ignorant. Expect more of this bullshit, along with humans being attacked, babies being eaten and raccoons at raccoon cafes fucking people up until they get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#26]
IMO the body language on that husky was pretty sinister the entire time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Might just be me but I wasn't seeing any aggressive behaviors leading up to the incident. Wondering if the poodle took a nip at the Husky where the view was obscured?
View Quote
Watch the tail of the Husky. It's a clear indicator the meeting wasn't getting a happy response.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would almost guarantee it. A close look shows the poodle's body go very stiff and still for a second as the husky stands over it, then the poodle makes a quick, slight movement that would turn it's head toward the Siberian, and the Siberian goes full HAM. If you spend much time around dogs, that stiffness is almost always accompanied by a snarl followed by a quick snap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree, only because I don't believe the owner of the Husky is responsible enough to keep the dog away from other dogs. I'm not saying it's a faulty Husky, just that if an owner insists on acting like it's a low prey drive fluff-bunny, then they shouldn't get to keep it. So you kill the Husky and maybe a few of the owner's kids and it serves as a warning to be more careful next time they get a dog.

I don't know if the facility is at fault here, or if the owners were supposed to stay with the animals in the cafe. The 'burn it down' demand by the little dog's owner might be more reasonable than it sounds on the surface here. Even without the facility being at fault, should it Korea even allow all these animal food places? Seems like just asking for it. This is why they can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I disagree, only because I don't believe the owner of the Husky is responsible enough to keep the dog away from other dogs. I'm not saying it's a faulty Husky, just that if an owner insists on acting like it's a low prey drive fluff-bunny, then they shouldn't get to keep it. So you kill the Husky and maybe a few of the owner's kids and it serves as a warning to be more careful next time they get a dog.

I don't know if the facility is at fault here, or if the owners were supposed to stay with the animals in the cafe. The 'burn it down' demand by the little dog's owner might be more reasonable than it sounds on the surface here. Even without the facility being at fault, should it Korea even allow all these animal food places? Seems like just asking for it. This is why they can't have nice things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No clue what the rules there are. Looked more like a doggy day care set up to me, which would mean the Siberian's owner wasn't there and the employees were entirely responsible.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Koreans are just starting to have dogs as pets. They have no idea what they're doing. It's not a part of their culture and they're completely ignorant. Expect more of this bullshit, along with humans being attacked, babies being eaten and raccoons at raccoon cafes fucking people up until they get the hang of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK
I would agree... Koreans owning dogs is not like Americans owning them.... sad, feel bad for that little dog and there owner...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#32]
It looks to me the poodle snapped/snarled first and the husky said fuck you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I would almost guarantee it. A close look shows the poodle's body go very stiff and still for a second as the husky stands over it, then the poodle makes a quick, slight movement that would turn it's head toward the Siberian, and the Siberian goes full HAM. If you spend much time around dogs, that stiffness is almost always accompanied by a snarl followed by a quick snap.
View Quote
That's kind of where I was at. Tail was up until it got close to the poodle and it didn't seem particularly interested in any of the little dogs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Weird looking Pitbull

Interesting, much less calls for death on ARF when the dog is not a Pitbull....
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#35]
My last dog was a husky, great with humans, but a little territorial when she'd meet a dog walking on her road.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Walter says pick on someone your own size fucker

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Dat soundtrack.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No clue what the rules there are. Looked more like a doggy day care set up to me, which would mean the Siberian's owner wasn't there and the employees were entirely responsible.
View Quote
Dog Cafe, with menu looking things on the walls and bar stools makes it look like one of those animal cafes, except this one is BYOD rather than one where you pet the house animals?

That's what it looks like to me. It doesn't look like a 'doggie daycare' setting where you drop off and the workers assume responsibility. I'm guessing here.

The only thing that looks daycare like is the absence of owners. The whole layout is cafe. So I'm going with absentee owners at fault?

If it's a daycare with that layout, then the daycare owners are insane, and need to pay like crazy. But they called it a "cafe" too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It looks to me the poodle snapped/snarled first and the husky said fuck you.
View Quote
Our Husky made snap decisions. She hated yappy dogs. The GSDs just ignored them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Won't watch. Love nearly all dog breeds. Not going to defend the husky in this case either. But pound for pound, poodles are known for being the biggest assholes of the dog world. I've even been told that by vets before. My brother used to have two of them. One of them attacked my kids' very submissive, sweet-natured pomeranian unprovoked. I told him that he was welcome to bring it over and introduce it to my akita so we could see who the alpha in that relationship was.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Hard to tell from the video but it's possible that the poodle snapped at the husky first. You see the poodle jerk quickly first before the husky does.

Regardless, they should have been supervised at all times.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Husky needs put down. It could just as easily do that to someones kid. 
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Soon as the Husky left his station by the gate, the Poodle came in and occupied the Husky's spot.  Husky goes right back to his spot and the poodle is there.
Gotta give the Husky his space.  Territorialism right before your eyes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
For the children. 
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#46]
When I had Akitas, people knew not to bring their pets to my house. Though my dogs were very friendly. I wasn’t going to supervise them or lock them up because of other dogs or cats.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much everything here. Dogs aren't children and they definitely aren't fashion accessories, they're animals. If you're going to keep them around you need to understand that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dogs are not unlike some people, when they are threatened they react.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, that was a bad idea.

RIP Fluffy.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Won't watch that.  Sorry for the loss of the poodle, and sorry that some idiot allowed their husky to be at large, and now the husky will likely be destroyed also..  No one really wins.  I blame the humans most of all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top