Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/19/2017 7:25:31 PM EDT
Just not really into it anymore? Perhaps it's just a phase of shooting too much/too often?

Shooting at steel or paper, has become a chore. Indoors and Outdoors, I get bored. It's work getting the grip, finger, draw, etc. perfect. (Not really fun)

An explosion at the end of your face isn't exactly soothing either.

I've bought every firearm/accessory I've wanted...  

Not into vintage/older firearms, so there's no collector value from me there.

I've taken plenty of training classes, but lately most have felt like being back in school. (regardless of how engaging the teacher is)

I've fired long range rifles, SBRs, suppressors, full auto, hand guns, MP5's, 1911s, etc, etc.

Ammo gets a bit expensive after awhile when you can go through 250 rounds in a day.

I've been to plenty of gun shows/read plenty of new gear sites, not much impresses me anymore.

Starting to view guns as self/home defense tools and that's it. The fun just isn't there anymore.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No...
View Quote
But it's doing the same thing over and over again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it's good to have other interests as well. Anything becomes boring after a while. It's like I love steak, but if all I ate was steak I'd get sick of it pretty quick. I really enjoy playing sports and working out. I went for a bike ride today, it was really nice out. But yeah mix it up, try different things. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually win a couple of guns a year by shooting. Now, I usually don't get much enjoyment from buying guns. In fact, the only guns that I buy are ones I might need for matches.

It's almost like a job. (A low paying job.)
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope. Would buy more if I could!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
So is having sex or eating pizza but i still love both of those.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
But I don't expect a different outcome, so at least I'M not insane.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm just here for the imitation crab meat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, so I switched from Glocks to Sigs

Went from this

To this
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I know what my next five guns will be, and have about decided on the sixth.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
buy nv then shoot at night. whole new ball of wax.

keep training. the commies are.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope

and I don't find breathing boring either
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Never. There is plenty to do besides shooting steel and paper. Hunting, sleet, trap, 3 gun, building your own, blackpowder, cowboy action, taking some training classes, etc.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I’ve been shooting for 30+ years, When i get bored shooting handguns, I switch to carbines when I get bored with those I’ll switch to skeet, trap or sporting clays with a shotgun, when I’m bored with that I get out the long range stuff. 3-18 month spurts. Mix it up a little.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't shot in probably 5 years.  Reloaded a bit over that period, but not much.

Still have everything.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just not really into it anymore? Perhaps it's just a phase of shooting too much/too often?

Shooting at steel or paper, has become a chore. Indoors and Outdoors, I get bored. It's work getting the grip, finger, draw, etc. perfect. (Not really fun)

I've taken plenty of training classes, but lately most have felt like being back in school. (regardless of how engaging the teacher is)

I've fired long range rifles, SBRs, suppressors, full auto, hand guns, MP5's, 1911s, etc, etc.

Ammo gets a bit expensive after awhile when you can go through 250 rounds in a day.

I've been to plenty of gun shows/read plenty of new gear sites, not much impresses me anymore.

Starting to view guns as self/home defense tools and that's it. The fun just isn't there anymore.

View Quote

You should take up knitting.....it's fabulous.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Spray paint holiday stencils on your steel. Its a good way to add some excitement back into shooting. Doing some jack-o-lantern faces on my dueling tree this weekend. Might do a full done up green decorated christmas tree in dec.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm bored with having enough self-control to not put all the parts for a Mk18 clone on my credit card
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm bored with having enough self-control to not put all the parts for a Mk18 clone on my credit card
View Quote
Just do it bro, xmas bonus coming soon you know it, i know it, everyone knows it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I will say that back in the last century, I enjoyed having black guns and carrying all the time more.  It was just a little more edgy when there were fewer of us and the ARFCOM mindset was not so popular.  Now it seems like everyone's an operator with tricked up AR's, etc.  But I still carry every day, and shoot at least once a week.

On the other hand, I would hope that all the new "operators" are joining NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc., to ensure our rights.  Seems like a lot more people are shooting, but I have not seen a commensurate bump in memberships.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
So is playing Golf, but it's a wildly popular form of relaxation and sport.

You're ultimately competing against yourself, and there's no such thing as perfection, so you keep learning and trying harder.
I try to combine both, either by driving a golf cart down to check my targets, or using the 18th hole at a country club for target practice.
They tend to get annoyed by that and call the police. Thankfully I've got the getaway cart though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#25]
No.

Just no.

I've been shooting for over 40 years, and I'm more into now than ever.  Competition is what keeps it fresh.  If all I did was train, I could see where it would become dull.  Competition keeps you striving to advance.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Try getting into the clone game, it'll give you something new to do.

Just don't post in the clone threads, they're worse than 6.5 grendel threads.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I never understood the constant desire to turn money into noise. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I love to shoot when I shoot. It's really not all that hard to make some good groups once you have a rifle zeroed in. 

Some other poster made a post about this awhile back. It pertained more to hunting. This poster was wondering what the big deal was about accurately shooting. It's not really a big deal for normal shooting ranges of about 200 yards or so. 

I can see the appeal of long range precision shooting but after while it becomes old hat and pointless shooting at your typical outdoor range. 

I shoot my rifles a couple times a year at most. Even shooting my handguns at an indoor range hasn't changed in years. 

I shoot my pellet guns or my .22 with low noise cci ammo in my yard. I get enough practice from that. If I'm invited to go shooting I go, the comradery is fun. 

My firearms are for self defense and hunting. They aren't my second job. If I lived out west where there were vermin to eliminate I would probably enjoy that. My friends do that when they visit their home in Wyoming and it sounds awesome. 

I have friends and family that reload and graciously accept any ammo given to me. I have no compulsion to shoot it all just because. 

I wouldn't mind getting a new revolver, if I did I would shoot it a lot for awhile. I particularly would like a Ruger sp101 (Alaskan?) In 44 mag. I have enough of other things that I'm satisfied with just leaving it on my want list.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Doesn’t sound like much fun. 
View Quote
Well, like many things in life, there is the fleeting joy of conquest.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#29]
How physically fit are You? There is a whole different world of tactical training out there if you are fit enough and willing to spend the money.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Not perfect yet.

I'll quit when I am.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just do it bro, xmas bonus coming soon you know it, i know it, everyone knows it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point the only thing stopping me is having to buy the Daniel Defense upper from Brownells just to get the rail.  If it was available on it's own I'd buy a 6920-OEM2 to use as a base, and just run that with all the correct Mk18 stuff (minus the 10.3" barrel) while I wait on the tax stamps.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I was up then divorce 3.5 years ago put me wayyyyy down so I'm still in broke bitch trying to catch up while dealing with a baby mama and 3 teens one in college mode...........   I'm just trying to finish 3 last rifles and buy a couple more pistols but shit that's crazy hard at the moment.  Don't make it your only train of thought get out enjoy life while slowly keeping up........
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh, good lord, no.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#34]
No, never!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd like to get out and train/shoot more than I get to right now.  I'm pretty much done buying stuff other than ammo.  In grandpa's day you bought a gun and shot it.  They didn't need the new wizbang gizmo accessories every year.  Trying to be like grandpa.  My gear is very 2012, and I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#36]
somethings wrong with you.

i will never get bored with it. anytime i get to fire off even just a couple rounds its exhilarating
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How physically fit are You? There is a whole different world of tactical training out there if you are fit enough and willing to spend the money.
View Quote
Go on
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't even compete, and I'm not sick of guns or shooting.

I don't feel the need to complete, because I don't need to spend more money on guns and ammo, and because I know I'm not the best out there.

Self improvement keeps me going, and interest in platforms and calibers.

If I win the lottery tomorrow. I would shoot every day.

Every. Day.

Maybe .22 some days, maybe ARs another maybe 50BMG another, etc.

Lots of platforms, specific guns and calibers interest me. And because of that wide net of interest, I will always be a jack of all trades master of none.

And I'm totally okay with that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I like pistol shooting, shooting rifle competitions, but skeet shooting/competitions will always be my favorite that I won’t get bored of.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I've peaked

But

Air is being sucked back into the room, training the kids(training, competing, hunting, not plinking) is in full swing(all over 18 now).  Training their SO's too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been bored with buying and upgrading guns for awhile.  Been thinking about getting back into IDPA and GSSF after a several year break. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Get into 3-gun
View Quote
I considered 3 gun, IDPA, etc. but the matches are a long drive away/not always scheduled for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Hobbies come and go.

I used to be much more into shooting, but have been much more about selling vs. buying these days.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#44]
A man who does't like guns is like a woman who doesn't like shopping. You likely have a hormonal problem.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No...
No, it's always trying to get better
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Very. I could do more training like jiu jitsu, and so on but that's non-gun.

There's training where you shoot/run around obstacles/under vehicles/through rooms/etc which is alright. But it's the same deal, you're basically back in a school but learning hands-on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

250 rounds?

Shit ma barrels aren’t even warmed up till around 7-800.

Ed
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#48]
It can be fun, but training is not for fun. It's something we do because we're American men and women and it is (or should be) a part of our lives.

Do it even if you're tired of it and don't want to. Someone out there is training to kill you right now, and chances are he's motivated and good at doing evil.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Every ]time I think I'm done I end up spend a couple more grand of more stuff!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

250 rounds?

Shit ma barrels aren’t even warmed up till around 7-800.

Ed
View Quote
So you shoot 2,800 rounds per week (4x week)? And 11,200 per month then?

That's $2,240 in ammo at a measly $0.20 for 9mm.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top