Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
There's like some unwritten rule that modded G body Malibus have to turn out like that, and only like that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately, OC has been pushing to get rid of hot rod weekend because theyre a bunch of bitches.
View Quote
Yup
We stopped going some years back
Ticketing trailers, slight tire chirps, etc

Mr. Mayor, How much $$$ does it bring in??
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A fourth gen Malibu? Gross.

I'd rather have that orange pickup (Studebaker?), the first gen Camaro, or the Nova also seen in these videos.
View Quote
So you can spend all your money on unibody chassis reinforcements?

The G is the superior rwd platform. Lightweight full frame for the win.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the wagon at 1:30 in the second video with Grand National Wheels
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’m this day and age you can buy a car that runs 12s without spilling your latte. Why would you want to pour money into a pit like that thing?
View Quote
When the Z11 Impalas and Bel Airs hit the streets in 63/64 you could get a car that ran in the mid 12's.  Nothing new.  Wonder what they'd run with modern (wide/soft) tires?

And, I'd rather have a 64 Z11 Impala 2dr. hard top.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
That sounds like shit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m this day and age you can buy a car that runs 12s without spilling your latte. Why would you want to pour money into a pit like that thing?
View Quote
Not all of us are content to only drive japanese appliances with turbos, or stretched and bloated copies of cars from the 60's and 70's.

Sorry about your latte.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Follow a pretty common occurrence into the street with phones up high filming a car driving very slowly - screams millennial .

"Oh , Uhh , I've never heard a car like that before ...
Yeh , a car like that is pretty serious ! "

Let's all take shitty videos and walk in traffic !
View Quote
I wish there were more videos of the 90's street scene.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When the Z11 Impalas and Bel Airs hit the streets in 63/64 you could get a car that ran in the mid 12's.  Nothing new.  Wonder what they'd run with modern (wide/soft) tires?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comparing a limited product (50 some units) race car to a off the shelf today’s Camaros and Mustangs?

A Malibu is not a real car....shitbox with a ton of money under the hood.

If I had to make a list of a 1000 “real” cars a Malibu wouldn’t make it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That sounds like shit.
View Quote
It sounds like a race car.  Most people have never heard real race cars.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll take this instead.

2016 Shelby GT350 running 11s at track
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That sounds like shit.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Ugh, we have a place in Ocean City.

I was there during this weekend.  It's like a sausage fest for tools doing reckless racing and burnouts.  If I had known it was that weekend I would have stayed home.

Literally pieces of shit everywhere for 3 days.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SOOOO not true.  As an ugly kid with a high HP car, you still had to be "cute" to get their attention.  Otherwise, you were just an ugly kid with a noisy car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Big HP....period.........nothing will wet a girls panties faster then big HP....
SOOOO not true.  As an ugly kid with a high HP car, you still had to be "cute" to get their attention.  Otherwise, you were just an ugly kid with a noisy car.
You obviously grew up in an area with a bunch of snobby rich bitches then. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah.  You know what sucks?  ARFcom had a recent thread about the 80's, and I was trying to find pictures of Friday/Saturday night cruising, especially after football games and such, from back in the day...and they're just not out there.  Literally a whole generation of awesomeness, and damn little record of it.

Cruising was a real thing for us kids back then.  It was our generation's cell phone.  It's how we listened to our music, how we watched our movies (drive-ins), how we met our girls, how we spent our money.
View Quote
Should have seen it in the 70's when muscle cars were a dime a dozen.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That sounds like shit.  Sex.
View Quote
Fify
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quite telling that the cops descend on the car like flies to shit.

"Sir, your car is too loud to be in a classic car run and you'll need to park it until you can get a trailer to get it off the streets."

I remember when you could find a steady stream of cars like that circling any Dairy Queen in America on any given Saturday night. 
View Quote
The 70's and early 80's were the best of times to cruise Main St, we have a 1 mile stretch that started at a Steak and Shake had cars like in the video all the time, the chicks road in the family wagon.

Eventually all was ruined by drinking and drugs in our area.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
They would shit their pants if they heard a top fuel at full throttle
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is gd, so putting millennial in the title is done to get clicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see any Millennials in that crowd.
It is gd, so putting millennial in the title is done to get clicks.
  Millennial and hipster now mean "some unknown person regardless of age and lifestyle" in GD parlance,much like how neckbeard is now completely unrelated in any way to the original meaning.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  You know what sucks?  ARFcom had a recent thread about the 80's, and I was trying to find pictures of Friday/Saturday night cruising, especially after football games and such, from back in the day...and they're just not out there.  Literally a whole generation of awesomeness, and damn little record of it.

Cruising was a real thing for us kids back then.  It was our generation's cell phone.  It's how we listened to our music, how we watched our movies (drive-ins), how we met our girls, how we spent our money.
They were dirt cheap all the way into the early 90s, if memory serves.

A neighbor of mine was selling his 1968 Roadrunner (383) circa 1994. It was unrestored, and the paint was faded and oxidized. Still, it was rust free, the body had no dings, and it was in great mechanical shape. Interior was worn, but serviceable - no tears or holes. It was his daily driver. He was asking $4,200. As a teenager, he might as well have been asking $100k, for all the hope I had of buying that making $4.25/hr part time. 

By the time I had a real job, career, house, etc 5 or 6 years later, they became unobtanium. They fetch exotic car money now, if restored. It’s depressing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Lols at sheltered D.C. Suburbanite milquetoasts coming into contact with
vintage car culture. It seems some feels were jostled.

I stood near this as a child while it was being tuned in a suburban L.A.
shop's lot. The concussion would affect your heart efficiency. I was nine and would
back away occasionally to catch my breath after standing within twenty feet of the rear.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cam lope, bro. That car is running a full race camshaft. It's perfectly tuned or it wouldn't even stay running with a cam like that. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An old car with no hood, badly in need of a tuneup.
Cam lope, bro. That car is running a full race camshaft. It's perfectly tuned or it wouldn't even stay running with a cam like that. 
Yeah, I can't believe he got that car to "idle" at all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Cops were very smart to clear the crowd in second video at 1:00 mark.  There was a Mustang first in line at that red light.    

Something tells me that surging idle is why Blower Drive Service told me the butterfly FI system was not good for the street 35 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
DAT BLOWER SURGE DOE!!

But do you even stance bro?
View Quote
Came to post this.  Growing up in the Central Valley that was a normal Friday/Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Came to post this.  Growing up in the Central Valley that was a normal Friday/Saturday night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DAT BLOWER SURGE DOE!!

But do you even stance bro?
I grew up in Modesto in the 80s and 90s, and cars like that were rare as hen’s teeth. You’d see blower cars now and then sure, but virtually nothing at that level.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I grew up in Modesto in the 80s and 90s, and cars like that were rare as hen’s teeth. You’d see blower cars now and then sure, but virtually nothing at that level.
View Quote
Never saw anything quite like the one in the video but there was a couple of wingnut guys stationed at Castle that had some cool rides.  One of my neighbors had a blown Mustang that was pretty fast.  Growing up in Merced, we used to go up to the big city of Modesto to cruise McHenry   What really sucks is how cheap muscle cars used to be
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Never saw anything quite like the one in the video but there was a couple of wingnut guys stationed at Castle that had some cool rides.  One of my neighbors had a blown Mustang that was pretty fast.  Growing up in Merced, we used to go up to the big city of Modesto to cruise McHenry   What really sucks is how cheap muscle cars used to be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I worked at the Radio Shack in Atwater for a minute, just after the base closed. The Zoomies used to buy all kinds of cool shit. Then virtually overnight, it all dried up. My customers were now reduced to poor Mexicans from Winton trying their best to ask for a cordless phone battery in broken English. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dude looks like he is drowning in it

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265139/dudes-337528.JPG

Though tbf, the woman in the car looks hot. But mostly looks like an old cock magnet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big HP....period.........nothing will wet a girls panties faster then big HP....
Dude looks like he is drowning in it

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/265139/dudes-337528.JPG

Though tbf, the woman in the car looks hot. But mostly looks like an old cock magnet.
Yup. Women caring about stats is a myth.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you have to ask.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#30]
While that is impressive being able to drive that down the street, muscle cars attract mostly other dudes. I know mine does. I'd be more into a 540/565 big block with a single 100mm+ turbo on efi through a 2-speed TH400. Roots/twin screw superchargers always have a cool factor though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My 72 Mach has a bunch of period speed shop stuff done to it's 351CJ (4v) dating from a 1969 carb, to a 1973 intake, all set up for high RPM.
I tapped at 7400 RPM and it was still winding up, I just ran out of road. 

Apparently the 8K factory tach is there for a reason, with the factory rev limiter eliminated (by them, I kind of want to put one back on) you get to use the WHOLE tach. (too bad the speedo wasn't as useful) 
View Quote
8k is generally the rule of thumb for stock rods in a Cleveland motor.  What I'm not following here is the mention of a "factory rev limiter"...I'm not aware of Ford putting rev limiters on Cleveland engines at any point.  Care to educate?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ugh, we have a place in Ocean City.

I was there during this weekend.  It's like a sausage fest for tools doing reckless racing and burnouts.  If I had known it was that weekend I would have stayed home.

Literally pieces of shit everywhere for 3 days.
View Quote
Sorry about your latte.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do you mean old.    Those things were granny cars and all over the place when I was a kid.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Nice.

This Nova is the wildest one I've seen in my general area.
Motorhead Madness Duluth #2 03/20/2016 World of Wheels
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wish there were more videos of the 90's street scene.
View Quote
Yes!  In Houston, cruising Westheimer Rd between "dark lot" and Miami Subs was the shit back in the day.  Then Brittmore once the cops got wise.  Saw lots of "trailer cars" on the street in the west side of Houston back in the mid-90's.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Nasty.  

Probably an easy 8 second car.  Not exactly low profile though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I remember this car from the Street Machine Nationals West in Sacramento, CA about 1984.

At the time, my daily driver was a 1967 Plymouth GTX with a 440, .030" over with 11.5 TRW pistons, mildly ported iron heads 292° .509" cam, 800 CFM Holley, etc.
Needless to say the car was extremely traction limited on the street...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because a modern car, while capable, doesn't sound or feel like that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#40]
That brown pickup is what got my attention.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
On the track fine but not on the street.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember when the older American cars were the kings of going fast (in a straight line) and at least they could brag about that vs. modern cars that were better at absolutely everything else. Now we have modern cars that are fast as fuck in a straight line as well as being vastly superior in every other objective measure and the guys who cling to these outdated cars are reduced to talking about "sound" and "feels." It's pathetic and it reminds me of when shitty ricers would brag about HP/liter because they didn't have anything worthwhile to brag about.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the fuck out of here. They made like 50 of those. The majority of muscle cars were about as fast as most v6 accords have been for the last decade. People love to overestimate how fast most performance cars really we're back then.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like he has the idle dialed right in there
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That sounds like shit.
View Quote
It sounds beautiful.

Perfectly tuned, big cam lope, reminds me of hanging out after school with my buddies.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#47]
My uncle had this back in the day, it sounded very much like the one in OPs video. He didn't take it on the street very often, but when he did, Panties were sure to moisten!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, no.  That's a 3/4 race cam.   Full race cams require own headers or the back pressure will blow back though the carb!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#49]
1988 high school parking lot- just a few...

1967 Chevelle SS with built 396. This car would do 1/8 mile mile burnouts on MT fat tires
1973 Nova with a blown 454. did wheelies
1972 Chevy 3/4 ton with Corvette 427 (a guys dad's truck)
1969 Chevelle 307 that was actually the fastest car in town the 427 truck owners son)
68 Camaro with a 327 that I went over 150 in
a plethora of 65 chevy pickups
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are wrong. That's not the cam....it's the alcohol + blower.  A lopey cam by itself won't do that.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top