Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 5:40:25 PM EDT
I notice that some of you guys own DSA FAL's.  I'm thinking about getting one.  They seem to be very well made, but I have questions about there accuracy.  Gun Test magazine, though they liked the DSA, got about 3 inch groups.  For an iron that goes for over a grand, it should be beter than that.  What has your experiance been?
Thanks,
PastorSpomer
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  DSA FALs come with cryo-treated barrels.  You can get heavy bull barrels too.  Use good new production ammo, I am sure you can get better than 3" MOA at 100 yards.  I get about that with my Century Hesse FAL with Portuguese ammo.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Try asking here:

http://www.stg-58.com/cgi-bin/stg58cgi/Ultimate.cgi?

It's an FAL board, but I have heard DSA makes a primo FAL.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
....I am sure you can get better than 3" MOA at 100 yards.  I get about that with my Century Hesse FAL with Portuguese ammo.
View Quote

Would your MOA be different at 50 yds and 150 yds?

[red][size=4]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I am getting about 1.5 with my STG58.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#6]
In Soldier of Fortune Oct. 2000 they did a article on DSA FAL's. They tested the Medium Contour and the SA58 Standard Carbine. Scoped the Medium Contour shot .8 moa and the Carbine shot 1.1 moa using Black Hills 168 gr. Match Ammo. With iron sights and standard 147gr to 150gr ball ammo 3"-4" groups would not be bad considering that this is the standard for a military rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
As a proud owner of a standard model DSA SA58, I shot a two inch group with iron sights on a cold and windy day last Fall.  Ammunition used was surplus British RG 84.  Under those conditions, it's about the best I could do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top