Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2001 5:24:39 AM EDT
I have had my M4 bushy for about 2 months now and the furthest I have fired it was at a 25 yard indoor range. That was cool but not what it was made for. This weekend the local sherriff dep. opens their ranges to the public for its once a month public shoot. Well lets say that 5 hours and 750 rounds later, my shoulder is sore and my smile is wide!!!! I shot at the 50yd range and sighted in then moved on to the 100 and just had loads of fun.  Only had 1 FTF  the whole day, I was using usgi mags and a combo of Q3131 and Sa battle pack ammo.Too bad I cant make it today when the 200 and 300 yard ranges are open.  Cant wait to hit it another day!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure glad you  had a good time.  I can't wait to hear about your antics when you get your 500+ yard cherry popped! [:D]  Keep that high level of enthusiasim and stay safe!  What kind of accuracy were you getting, and what were you shooting at?  Hopefully you were able to shoot a variety of paper and reactive targets.

Well, I'm off to range myself.  I want to put some 350 grn .416 rounds on steele at 325m, and heat up my M15A4.  I'm sure my shoulder and smile will match yours!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Man that's awsome!!! It's good to see the public & law enforcement working together.
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
DPEACHER:
500+ yds with an M4?
I think not!
:)
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 11:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
only one fTF in 750 rounds?  My shorty SKS has never failed to fire in well over 10, 000 rounds and can match any rifle with open sights on tactical targets/pop ups out to 300m.

I qualified with it while in the Army years ago............the benifits of being one of the range safties!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#5]
M4C--If you ever get to Austin, look me up, and bring your M4.  If your M4 can hold 3MOA for 10 rnds at 100yds, I KNOW I could make YOU think again!  Doesn't matter to me if your M4 has A1 or A2 rear sights.  I won't even use a bench![:D]

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
M4C
500 yards with a carbine?  You bet!  I've done it!  A 55 gr FMJ hits between 55 and 60 inches low at 500 yards.  No big deal.  I also practiced 200 yard shots with a 4 1/2" barreled Browning Buckmark .22 that I used to have.  Scored very high percentage of hits at that range on coffee cans.

Elmer Keith routinely practiced 600 yard handgunning with a 8" barreled 44 Mag.

It takes practice, but it is by no means difficult.  It all just depends on how bad you want to be able to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top