Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 3:21:40 PM EDT
I purchased a preban Colt Government Carbine in a Green label box- serial number on box matches one on the rifle . serial number on plastic sleeve mathces one on rifle. Here is my question--- the rifle has a sear block--I thought all green labels so to speak were without the sear block. Am I going to have trouble selling this rifle as a green label?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no Colt expert but after shopping around for a green label pre ban it has become apparent that some of the newer green labels did have blocks as they were moving into the transition years. It does affect price but usually by not more than a few hundred dollars.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
yes correct, some transitional green labels did have sear blocks.  the change occurred in mfg year of 84-85.

steve
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By steve m:
yes correct, some transitional green labels did have sear blocks.  the change occurred in mfg year of 84-85.
View Quote

Are you sure about that, Steve? I don't think the sear blocks started showing up in any of the Colts until late 89-early 90. Was the R6520 Government Carbine even available as early as 84-85? My guess is that this guy got a late Green Label, probably early 90's vintage. It will probably not be as desireable or command quite the price of an unblocked Green Label gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Blue labels with out the sear block. I thought that only came in later Blue Label guns. This confuses me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#5]
David
Maybe we should swap rifles and make things right in the world again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top