Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Idiot's loop and Mach 2 getaway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have serious doubts about an F-4s ability to escape a 330kt blast...that's a massive bomb. Yikes.
 Idiot's loop and Mach 2 getaway.
B61 can do laydown delivery, but if it's the 1960's, and you need to perform the Idiot's Loop, the F-4 is your jet.

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Ohh personal attack by Don. CoC violation.  Time out for Don.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where do they get black males?

You must mean blackmail.
View Quote
Dennis Rodman is Kim's secret weapon LOL.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey North Korea - the POTUS does not have the power to declare war.  Grow up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Dennis Rodman is Kim's secret weapon LOL.
View Quote
He's probably a walking bio weapon.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not in the target speed band, majority wood and fabric, loaded with brainwashed NK commandos? Could be a problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the NK air force ready for this task?
https://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/korea.jpg
Not in the target speed band, majority wood and fabric, loaded with brainwashed NK commandos? Could be a problem.
Cheap stealth yo.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes.
They have modern commie block weapons systems.
They only have to be lucky once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they really even have that capability?  Serious question.
Yes.
They have modern commie block weapons systems.
They only have to be lucky once.
..."lucky once" = flaming spears of hell raining down from the skies and ruining what's left of a lovely fucking day eating grass in NK.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Polish PZL built AN2's are exempt from experimental classification, and may be operated under Part 91.
View Quote
I'd love to get one with a TPE-331 on it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Foreign minister just announced.

View Quote

Correct me if I am wrong: I am fairly certain if the US had already declared war the entire country of NK would know it by now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Correct me if I am wrong: I am fairly certain if the US had already declared war the entire country of NK would know it by now.
View Quote
You are not wrong, the foreign minister is just upping the rhetoric.

I call it rhetoric because I'm fairly certain they will not launch at our planes in international airspace.

... but who knows?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Foreign minister just announced.

View Quote

EDIT: sorry for the double post..
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#16]
So what does the ROE look like for US plane in international airspace?

Are they green-light with a radar lock-on? Or do they have to wait to be fired on? I'm guessing the latter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait... are they threatening to send paperwork to Trump that Trump probably already has?

lol

What will the Norks do when they find out about 2 double pepperoni pizzas in 30 minutes or less?!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I call it rhetoric because I'm fairly certain they will not launch at our planes in international airspace.

... but who knows?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

... but who knows?
My big concern is that Un is mentally unsound and is just unbalanced enough to order a strike on the US or its' allies and the consequences would be incalculable for both sides in terms of death toll and destruction. I really think he wants a war as he has done so much to provoke us.
I think his endgame is to have a reunited korea with himself being the leader. Thus he is delusional.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My big concern is that Un is mentally unsound and is just unbalanced enough to order a strike on the US or its' allies and the consequences would be incalculable for both sides in terms of death toll and destruction. I really think he wants a war as he has done so much to provoke us.
I think his endgame is to have a reunited korea with himself being the leader. Thus he is delusional.
View Quote
We'll see.

I'm not sure either way.

Could be just saber rattling, could be he's a nutbar and will actually do it.

I'm leaning towards saber rattling.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We'll see.

I'm not sure either way.

Could be just saber rattling, could be he's a nutbar and will actually do it.

I'm leaning towards saber rattling.
View Quote
I thought it was gonna go down. Now, it's just all to familiar of Cold War rhetoric and chest thumping. Neither side is going to do shit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Bad reference.  The lunger won that fight.  

A better one would have been "You're a daisy if you do!"
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... but who knows?
You're buying into the propaganda, its all directed to create an image of a crazy, militant, violent leader willing to do anything to win, ergo do what he says or else. But the reality is that he's a political neophyte with almost no education or preparation to lead a country who became "Emperor" of North Korea after his eldest brother got fired as heir apparent. He isn't even giving actual orders, he doesn't know enough, he governs through ministers and they tell him what to say, how to say it, even how to dress. He's a puppet. And the very last thing his faction wants is war.

This isn't 1941, where the Japanese had a very slight chance of actually pulling off Pearl Harbor and winning a quick victory that would lead to an eventual treaty. This is 2017, and war between the DRPK and the US means if Kim or members of his faction order even a single ROK or US death then they are all dead men. The war wont be waves of mindless starving commie peasants getting mowed down with machine guns, it will be a war where kinetic warheads will be detonating within feet of the bodies of the leaders of the DRPK. They all will be killed and they don't want to die, they want to enjoy the fruits of being the leaders of a despotic totalitarian govt where they eat till they get fat while the people starve. They are corrupt, they are power mad, they are evil, but they are not suicidal and contrary to their language, they don't actually want war.

That's why Trump can press Kim Jung Un against the wall, because Trump knows the truth because he has the best advisers. Kelly, Mattis, McMaster, and Dunford all know not only the military capabilities of the DRPK, but also how constrained they are politically. They know we don't even need to attack to win, we win by destroying NK through sanctions. Their only recourse is to threaten, they can't throw down without guaranteeing their own death, they have zero chance of success.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.  They have 35 of them and no other aircraft capable of going against US fighter aircraft.  Their training in them is marginal at best.  They would get their asses kicked in short order.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Most capable threat are the Fulcrums, obviously but they wouldn't last long enough to get their landing gear up. Fishbeds are the threat here, at least air-air. S-A is a whole other ballgame with the massive amount of ADA they can throw up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Most capable threat are the Fulcrums, obviously but they wouldn't last long enough to get their landing gear up. Fishbeds are the threat here, at least air-air. S-A is a whole other ballgame with the massive amount of ADA they can throw up.
Why does the 21 have a greater threat. Based on screen name are you a bug driver?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#26]
MiG-29 Combat Record:  6-18-1

Blue:  Aircraft it has shot down
Red:  How many MiG-29s shot down by other aircraft (A2A losses)
Orange:  How many MiG-29s have been shot down by ground fire

Lebanon War 1982-2000 (Syria) 0-2-0. Syrians vs Israelis, no brainer who will win that one.
Gulf War (Iraq) 0-5-0 This was versus USAF F-15C pilots.  The MiG-29 is more maneuverable than the F-15C, better thrust-to-weight, with Helmet-Mounted Sight, still got wrecked 0-5 in the hands of Iraqi pilots who had more combat experience than their US counterparts.
Transnistra War (Moldova, Russia) 0-0-0
Brothers in Rescue incident (Cuba) 2-0-0
Slovenian War (Yugoslavia) 0-0-0
Croatian War (Yugoslavia) 0-0-0
Bosnia (Serbia) 0-0-0
Kosovo (Serbia) 0-6-0. More Western Air against MiG-29s, same basic results.  They get wrecked for sport.
Kargil War (India) 0-0-0
Ethiopian-Eritrean War (Eritrea) 3-5-0
Georgian border violation 2008 (Russia) 1-0-0
Darfur War (Sudan) 0-0-1

Now imagine the MiG-29 trying to fly in the Raptor's airspace.  The DPRK pilots won't know what hit them.  I would actually air task F-15Cs and F-16Cs for it just to keep F-22 capabilities a guess for the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#27]
One missed shot and North Korea ceases to exist.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Do they really even have that capability?  Serious question.
View Quote
Yes, but the backlash would be instant and severe.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Snip

Now imagine the MiG-29 trying to fly in the Raptor's airspace.  The DPRK pilots won't know what hit them.  I would actually air task F-15Cs and F-16Cs for it just to keep F-22 capabilities a guess for the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians.
View Quote
Oh my God.

Realistically, how many Mig-29s do you think a Raptor could take on at the same time?

Three? Four?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I understand they have VERY restricted use in the US. Basically a airshow plane with no commercial use.

Drop zone operators would be all over them otherwise
View Quote
I know. Evidently it is very difficult to break one or overload it. I've heard it described as "if you can get it inside, the plane will fly with it"
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Easy to spot those NK commandos - they're all about four feet tall. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the NK air force ready for this task?
https://unitedcats.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/korea.jpg
Easy to spot those NK commandos - they're all about four feet tall. 
All of a sudden, mini IPSC targets start to make since. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Oh my God.

Realistically, how many Mig-29s do you think a Raptor could take on at the same time?

Three? Four?
View Quote
With its hands tied behind its back!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lebanon War 1982-2000 (Syria) 0-2-0. Syrians vs Israelis, no brainer who will win that one.
Gulf War (Iraq) 0-5-0 This was versus USAF F-15C pilots.  The MiG-29 is more maneuverable than the F-15C, better thrust-to-weight, with Helmet-Mounted Sight, still got wrecked 0-5 in the hands of Iraqi pilots who had more combat experience than their US counterparts.
Bosnia (Serbia) 0-0-0
Kosovo (Serbia) 0-6-0. More Western Air against MiG-29s, same basic results.  They get wrecked for sport.
Kargil War (India) 0-0-0
Darfur War (Sudan) 0-0-1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bosnia (Serbia) 0-0-0
Kargil War (India) 0-0-0
Darfur War (Sudan) 0-0-1

Didn't Turkey also shoot down a MiG-29 somewhat recently over their border with Syria, or am I thinking of something else?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh my God.

Three? Four?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Oh my God.

Three? Four?
I'm no expert, but the Raptor could conceivable take down as many as it has AA missiles if it started BVR. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bosnia (Serbia) 0-0-0
Kargil War (India) 0-0-0
Darfur War (Sudan) 0-0-1

View Quote
The planes shot down in the Cuba incident were two Cessna Skymasters.  Not exactly a difficult target for anything built after 1925.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh my God.

Three? Four?
View Quote
Rumor has it (and I can't confirm) that the F22 can track 22 separate targets simultaneously and fire on 8 of them.  Take that with a grain of salt, because the actual number hasn't been declassified.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't they also say releasing the movie about him called "the interview" was also a declaration of war?  yea, not worried about their constant look at me talk.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Rumor has it (and I can't confirm) that the F22 can track 22 separate targets simultaneously and fire on 8 of them.  Take that with a grain of salt, because the actual number hasn't been declassified.
View Quote
I'm going to say 5 to be safe.

F35 should have improvements over the F22 in this capacity as well, correct?

(I'm sure it's also classified)
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I vote we rig up a few mothballed bombers as drones and sail them right the fuck over Pyongyang.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.
Forgot the quote:

Quoted:
Ok lungers.....let's do it.
Johnny Ringo said - "alright lunger, let's do it".  He was talking to Doc Holliday who suffered from tuberculosis.  "Lunger" was a perjorative used back then to refer to someone with the disease.

It was a bad reference because Johnny Ringo lost that fight.  My Doc Holliday quote is more accurate to the situation.   It is what Doc said when one of the cowboys said they would kill him during the funfightbat the OK corral.  That guy died at Doc Holliday's hand as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have they gotten a solid fix on the O2 system trying to kill the pilots?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My son may become an ACE
View Quote
Serious question. How long has it been since we have minted an ace?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Serious question. How long has it been since we have minted and ace?
View Quote
Vietnam gave the US our last ace.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

F35-F22=F13
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Meh, Iraq use to launch misiles at planes patrolling the no fly zone after the first gulf war on a regular basis.  We never retaliated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt they'd have to score a hit to get a serious retaliation. Just launching a SAM at an aircraft in international airspace would be an actual declaration of war, not a tweet about Kimmy being an idiot.
Meh, Iraq use to launch misiles at planes patrolling the no fly zone after the first gulf war on a regular basis.  We never retaliated.
Attachment Attached File

We responded from both aerial and ground platforms
I know for a fact that as late as 99 we were still willing to drop a 10 round 155 mission on a target in Iraq
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Trump needs to call his bluff and send another jet past their air space.  Dust off an SR71 and do a fly over. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh my God.

Three? Four?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Oh my God.

Three? Four?
Could the MIG 29 detect the F22?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Wonder if we still have any fighter/drone conversions in inventory. Perhaps they should be tasked for "surveillance".
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top