Quoted:
This ought to go well.
View Quote
That first post phenomenon, amazing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Most wouldn't as it appears many here seem to be under the impression that Donald is a conservative. Most wouldn't know a real conservative if it bit them in the ass.
View Quote
There's some truth to that. Kinda ironic that so many (correctly) understood that McCain and Romney weren't true conservatives but then flocked to the MAGA banner from the get go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#3]
TLDR, but I agree
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's like drama queens that have to make huge threads on forums 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.   OP didn't think this one through very far.  My panties aren't in a bunch.   I just decided not to watch anymore.  

Pretty simple really.
It's like drama queens that have to make huge threads on forums 
 You mean like this thread.   
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I quit reading at "full contact sports."
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Says everyone is overreacting, types out a novel length post telling everyone to not pay attention.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
So your really upset that others are really upset ? Ok
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Says everyone is overreacting, types out a novel length post telling everyone to not pay attention.
Yep
My favorite is when he says in his post about it "I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it." 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wall of Trumphurt.
View Quote
Sorry you girl lost.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a white cop from middle America. These people hate me, I will not be giving them any views, time, or money.

The NFL has no problems with allowing rapists, domestic abusers, drug pushers, etc.. to play among them. They have ZERO morals. They're kneeling as they're racists that know nothing more than what the media tells them

Without football, they'd be average joes. These people are nothing special in the grand scheme of things. They're paid entertainers, not political pundits.

Plus, with rule changes and Roger Goodell, the NFL blow a dicks. It is not the best sport to watch. The only thing worse is the NBA.

OP sucks, his post sucks, the NFL sucks, and their opinions can all fuck off
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#11]
The OP has called us a bunch of pussies for disliking the fact that SJW politics is taking over the USA

it has invaded every aspect of life now

SJWs believe (and loudly proclaim) that every single problem in the entire world is caused by white male heterosexuals

okey dokey

we'll just man up and ignore it
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm a white cop from middle America. These people hate me, I will not be giving them any views, time, or money.

The NFL has no problems with allowing rapists, domestic abusers, drug pushers, etc.. to play among them. They have ZERO morals. They're kneeling as they're racists that know nothing more than what the media tells them

Without football, they'd be average joes. These people are nothing special in the grand scheme of things. They're paid entertainers, not political pundits.

Plus, with rule changes and Roger Goodell, the NFL blow a dicks. It is not the best sport to watch. The only thing worse is the NBA.

OP sucks, his post sucks, the NFL sucks, and their opinions can all fuck off
View Quote
I am going to let you off with a warning this time. You were displaying 65 units of white privilege in a 45 units thread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The overpaid assholes want a month of awareness to protest police officers doing their job.
They want to make it racial, and they want to lie to the world about reality.

The NFL is supporting this bad behavior, and they can all fuck off.
OP can take his bullshit and copy paste it on a site more receptive to his views, like one of Hillary's fan sites, or DU, or WeLieBecauseWeHateAmerica.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't give a crap about football but I just had to chime in and approve of the OP's use of the old-timey saying ". . . giving me the vapors!"  Well done.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am going to let you off with a warning this time. You were displaying 65 units of white privilege in a 45 units thread.
View Quote
I always was a bit of a speeder
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't watch football so I don't really give a shit about this. Football (or any team sport) doesn't disrupt my life in any way. 

But don't the stadiums and football teams themselves get some sort of favorable tax status for locating in cities?

If this is accurate, seems hypocritical to me?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
OP to decide when I’m outraged.

Also wouldn’t make it a habit of telling people as a Marine I ran away from music. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I will admit, many of these replies busting my balls actually caught me off guard/got me laughing out loud.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm making fun of all these "boycott" types that I imagine looking like some Lindsay Graham Southern Belle type.

Re-read the middle section about my time in the Marines and you can pretty much figure out my age bracket.
View Quote
I am still going with about 13.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#20]
OP is a tard.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#21]
And some of you need to lighten up. Just about everyone jokes about the Colors situation.

http://terminallance.com/2010/11/19/terminal-lance-82-these-colors-dont-run/

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Well no, were doing just what the kneelers want us to do. Talk about it and then the unwanted side effect of watch or find something else to do during the games.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

it's not a sport, if it's entertainment.

and...

it's not entertaining now.

i want to watch the NON kneeling NFL!!! WHOOT!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sorry you girl lost.
View Quote
Yea because If your not for him you HAVE to be for her right..
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Preach it brother!

Pres needs to focus on what he campaigned on, which wasn't micro-managing everyday lives and chiming in on everything like a flaming Blue Falcon. By giving a fuck and getting all pissed about kneeling - IT FUCKING WORKED!!

And as added bonus - Pres got to skate by another couple weeks on twits, without actually getting a single fucking thing done. Sounds more like white obama. 
View Quote
You need to stay out of the cornfield when they are spraying. That shit is bad for your noggin.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Because the fake ass narrative that police are killing black ppl at some astronomical rate and there is systemic racism in this country is complete bullshit and will continue to destroy the black community and diminish the standard of living in this country and normalizing this complete fairy tale in front of millions of ppl is complete horseshit and should be slapped down with authority.  Why do you think the left keeps repeating this fairy tale over and over again in every venue they control? You think they do that because it doesnt mean shit and achieves no results?

Sorry you are so clueless OP.

I dont even fucking watch your traditional professional sports, since they are boring as fuck, But I'll rail against this shit all day long.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And some of you need to lighten up. Just about everyone jokes about the Colors situation.

http://terminallance.com/2010/11/19/terminal-lance-82-these-colors-dont-run/

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2010-11-19-Strip_82_Colors_web.gif
View Quote
I like football and all I can say is that this bullshit is giving me a bad taste in my mouth.

Where does this bullshit end?

What is it they want to accomplish.............just keep kneeling and dissing the National Anthem until when???
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like football and all I can say is that this bullshit is giving me a bad taste in my mouth.

What is it they want to accomplish.............just keep kneeling and dissing the National Anthem until when???
View Quote
Its just a flag.

oh.
wait.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#29]
What branch did you serve in OP?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#30]
all players now will wear reactive armor and no helmets.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#31]
OP has a place at the NFL trough, I'm betting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its just a flag.

oh.
wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its just a flag.

oh.
wait.
The owners will probably just decide to not play the Anthem any longer is my long term guess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"my MAGA friends"

In other words, you aren't...so guess what 16'er.  Get out of the way of the train.  You claim to be a former Marine, yet can't recognize when we are in the midst of a "cold" Civil War.  We are fighting for the soul of this country and the people kneeling want to destroy the America you claim to have defended as a Marine.  

If they get their way, they won't give a fuck that people like you were John McCain style quislings.  You are as much their enemy as everyone on this website and Trump.
View Quote
If you are employed by someone other than yourself, do you think your employer should fire you for your political views? Maybe because your truck has an NRA or Glock Perfection sticker on the bumper?  Maybe because you spoke about how disrespectful it was for players to kneel when on your coffee break in the lounge or at the water cooler?

That's my issue with what Trump did. He actually made it NOT about disrespecting the flag. There's a reason so few players actually kneeled or ignored the anthem prior to this weekend. There's a reason CK didn't have a job.  We were winning.

Then Trump had to go step on his dick and make it about firing people over their political views. So what happens? Even those who didn't disrespect the flag or anthem before now join in because Trump gave them the martyrdom capital to do so. That was what this weekend's protest was about.

And now, we can't bitch when liberals boycott or punish conservatives in the marketplace because we (the Right via Trump) just said it was OK to do that. So now when liberals boycott conservatives, we either STFU or we're hypocrites.

Good job! Brilliant strategy. 3-D chess indeed.

You either support free speech or you don't...or you're a hypocrite by just supporting the speech you like.

If we continue down this road, there are dire times ahead for us. Is it now OK for me to deny service or patronage to any of the millions of Americans that voted for Hillary?  Think about what that means if half of the country refuses commerce with the other half.

Some of you will see that as a good thing. Yahoo! The CSA is back. Until California won't ship food to Indiana in the winter. Until the ports north of Florida and all along the Pacific Coast are closed the the Midwest and South.

It's a freakin' nightmare.

We used to have the moral high ground and could argue to the middle that SJW's are loons and intolerant. Nope. Not now. Both ends of the political spectrum now agree that it's OK to financially punish those with whom you disagree. We just adopted the same philosophy, just on the flip side of the same coin. So now it's just a numbers game. And more poeple voted for Hitlery than Trump. Economics doesn't flow according to electoral votes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previews piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg
View Quote

Join date.    Check

Go back to DU and cry there
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because the fake ass narrative that police are killing black ppl at some astronomical rate and there is systemic racism in this country is complete bullshit and will continue to destroy the black community and diminish the standard of living in this country and normalizing this complete fairy tale in front of millions of ppl is complete horseshit and should be slapped down with authority.  Why do you think the left keeps repeating this fairy tale over and over again in every venue they control? You think they do that because it doesnt mean shit and achieves no results?

Sorry you are so clueless OP.

I dont even fucking watch your traditional professional sports, since they are boring as fuck, But I'll rail against this shit all day long.
View Quote
Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP's right. I remember guys like him that would avoid getting caught in colors. They were called shitbirds. Then they got out after barely getting an honorable discharge, took the G.I. Bill given to them, went to college and now act like they are fucking enlightened. Same shitbirds bitched about every hump, every field day, every duty and watch. I remember joining the fleet and having assholes that deliberately wouldn't allow you to walk in step with them to look like fucking shitbirds. They thought this was funny, to look like an asshole so if a civilian saw them they would be like "What the fuck? These are our military?" I know OP's kind way too well.
View Quote
I don't know the OP but this is the impression I get.

Just sayin...

ETA: What the fuck is a "MAGA friend". lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Join date, post count and state.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
regarding this ordeal.
View Quote
Ordeal?

Put your pants on, and go to work.

Football isn't that big of a deal, and nowhere near an "ORDEAL" princess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, because If you're not for him, you HAVE to be for her.  Right ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry you girl lost.
Yeah, because If you're not for him, you HAVE to be for her.  Right ?
See how much easier it is to get you're message out their
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The owners will probably just decide to not play the Anthem any longer is my long term guess.
View Quote
that will be interesting.  Every other sport does.  And, besides, the players will just find something else to protest.

Until every minority (to include women) in America is CEO of a company, oppression and racism is real and we must fight the white male devil holding back the brown man and woman.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Hating the NFL is merely Arfcom's most popular form of virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you are employed by someone other than yourself, do you think your employer should fire you for your political views? Maybe because your truck has an NRA or Glock Perfection sticker on the bumper?  Maybe because you spoke about how disrespectful it was for players to kneel when on your coffee break in the lounge or at the water cooler?

That's my issue with what Trump did. He actually made it NOT about disrespecting the flag. There's a reason so few players actually kneeled or ignored the anthem prior to this weekend. There's a reason CK didn't have a job.  We were winning.

Then Trump had to go step on his dick and make it about firing people over their political views. So what happens? Even those who didn't disrespect the flag or anthem before now join in because Trump gave them the martyrdom capital to do so. That was what this weekend's protest was about.

And now, we can't bitch when liberals boycott or punish conservatives in the marketplace because we (the Right via Trump) just said it was OK to do that. So now when liberals boycott conservatives, we either STFU or we're hypocrites.

Good job! Brilliant strategy. 3-D chess indeed.

You either support free speech or you don't...or you're a hypocrite by just supporting the speech you like.

If we continue down this road, there are dire times ahead for us. Is it now OK for me to deny service or patronage to any of the millions of Americans that voted for Hillary?  Think about what that means if half of the country refuses commerce with the other half.

Some of you will see that as a good thing. Yahoo! The CSA is back. Until California won't ship food to Indiana in the winter. Until the ports north of Florida and all along the Pacific Coast are closed the the Midwest and South.

It's a freakin' nightmare.

We used to have the moral high ground and could argue to the middle that SJW's are loons and intolerant. Nope. Not now. Both ends of the political spectrum now agree that it's OK to financially punish those with whom you disagree. We just adopted the same philosophy, just on the flip side of the same coin. So now it's just a numbers game. And more poeple voted for Hitlery than Trump. Economics doesn't flow according to electoral votes.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you are employed by someone other than yourself, do you think your employer should fire you for your political views? Maybe because your truck has an NRA or Glock Perfection sticker on the bumper?  Maybe because you spoke about how disrespectful it was for players to kneel when on your coffee break in the lounge or at the water cooler?.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"my MAGA friends"

In other words, you aren't...so guess what 16'er.  Get out of the way of the train.  You claim to be a former Marine, yet can't recognize when we are in the midst of a "cold" Civil War.  We are fighting for the soul of this country and the people kneeling want to destroy the America you claim to have defended as a Marine.  

If they get their way, they won't give a fuck that people like you were John McCain style quislings.  You are as much their enemy as everyone on this website and Trump.
If you are employed by someone other than yourself, do you think your employer should fire you for your political views? Maybe because your truck has an NRA or Glock Perfection sticker on the bumper?  Maybe because you spoke about how disrespectful it was for players to kneel when on your coffee break in the lounge or at the water cooler?.
You're saying an employer can't decide who works for them?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#44]
OP is triggered because this thread did not quite go as he had planned.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#45]
OP's either 8 years old, a moron or a troll.

There are no other options.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep.
View Quote
You mean trump has now portrayed his political opponents as inherently anti-American thus positioning himself as the sole alternative to those who are pro-American?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#47]
I didn't read all 3 pages but here is my stance. I like Trump as much as most people here. I believe that the country will be better off after his terms (esp with 2+ new conservative SC judges). That said I don't regard him as a god-king as many here do. I see a lot of hypocrisy in that we would criticize one person for doing something and praise the same action from someone we like. Obama would always have some comments on police shootings and we would lash out (rightfully so) that the President has no business even talking about it. Now Trump is doing the same and is praised. I don't know about you, but I voted for him to get illegal immigration under control, 2a reform, tax reform and several other promises. Now before you jump to your keyboards with your "but the GOP is blocking him!" response. That's all the more reason he should be working even harder on those issues and not commenting on the NFL protests and some victory rally 8 months after getting into office. As for the boycott everything crowd. I saw a thread saying we should boycott all NFL sponsors. FOX, CBS, Budweiser(ew), etc. It seems around here our version of blocking traffic is to just boycott it. I can't keep track of half the stuff we aren't supposed to buy. "This gun company hired a guy in the 90s that said this thing I didn't like. So this go on this imaginary list of bad guys. Nearly every company does something that benefits the opposition. I have a life to live and a family to support. I simply cannot sit in a vacuum shunning companies that may have some connections to the left. If we are going to get anything out of the next 8 years, we have to keep pushing our leadership to focus on the issues we elected them to fix. I believe that every President should be criticized and continually pushed. We can't take our foot off the gas just because we won.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is a culture war, and Trump trolled the left into openly displaying their hatred for America while simultaneously actually arguing for employment protection against contentious free expression.
View Quote
I think that this is what most are missing, to quote Steven Crowder, "Politics is downstream from culture". That is why we are seeing the destruction of the Constitution, the left went after the culture 50 years ago and they are reaping the rewards.

There needs to be serious pushback against this, the NFL needs to be hit in the wallet because that is all that they will understand. They don't make their money off of lefties and when they try to carry their water there needs to be consequences that matter to them. If they truly are money grubbing capitalists, they will fix it to keep the revenue coming. If not, they'll burn it down to change culture.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the worst most amateurish trolling thread I have ever seen I am so ashamed
View Quote
It's bottom of the toilet filled with diarrhea quality trolling.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If you pay a cable / sat bill - they are getting money from you. Broadcast rights are their cash cow - and that cost is about 87% of your bill.
View Quote
True. Unless you stopped going to games, you aren't hurting the NFL until you cut off cable and boycott the advertisers. Because that's where the money comes from.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top