User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And that's fine.

I'm talking about the types making 50 threads about it or whining all over social media about a boycott.

If you want to boycott, DO IT. Just simply don't watch and move on with your life.

It's like drama queens that have to make huge threads on forums about "needing time off" or whining about some issue that is "forcing them to leave."

If you want to leave, just walk away. Stop acting like an overly emotional 14 year old girl that has to make leaving this big dramatic fiasco.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.   OP didn't think this one through very far.  My panties aren't in a bunch.   I just decided not to watch anymore.  

Pretty simple really.

And that's fine.

I'm talking about the types making 50 threads about it or whining all over social media about a boycott.

If you want to boycott, DO IT. Just simply don't watch and move on with your life.

It's like drama queens that have to make huge threads on forums about "needing time off" or whining about some issue that is "forcing them to leave."

If you want to leave, just walk away. Stop acting like an overly emotional 14 year old girl that has to make leaving this big dramatic fiasco.
The valorous dead have no one to speak on behalf of what they gave their all for but us.

This isn't about drama. It is about the most fundamental virtues that Homer knew and spoke of in the Iliad.

Your associate, moron-millionaire ignoramuses don't know their head from their ass, any history or any "value" but egocentrism.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
This matter has certainly brought the Hillary crowd out into the light.

Let me explain things for you:

Someone shits on my beliefs and they don't get any more money from me.

It's not too difficult a concept.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US
View Quote
1. Football was never good. 

2. Baseball is better. 

3. You can trace the rapid decline of the USA to the date that football became more popular than baseball. Know what else we got at that time?

Vietnam and hippies 

Also, OP is a triggered snowflake. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#4]
A post on GAB:

Tom DoniphonPRO · @TomDoniphon
? Sports · 21 hours
The movement to "take a knee" is not so much that they have issues with the USA, but the low-brows are simply being manipulated into global anti-Nationalist momentum. Likewise, at the highest level, the anti-Confederate push is anti-Nationalist, rooted in convenient accusations of White Supremacy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Join date.....hmmm, DU missing a nut?

Sorry, I still get emotional and chills when I stand for the Anthem at events. Every generation was military in my family. Got all choked up at Wreaths Across America last year at Ft. Indiantown Gap Veterans Cemetery during the ceremony. I even stand and salute when the first flag in a parade goes by.

Daily colors/taps, we all tried to avoid it in the military, but the anthem? That's a little different in my opinion.

They (the NFL) made it/let it become an issue, the anthem has always been done at games, the NFL made a decision not to address it or knock it off, Trump called them on it with a pretty good troll tweet and now they have been exposed and look like jackasses. The product they sell will now suffer for alienating a large portion of their audience.

Sorry if you don't "get it".
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
And another leftist shill outs himself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Tl;dr

op has too much estrogen. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Was the Margarita Monster still there? 

I know now what you are saying about Marines ducking out to avoid standing and saluting the anthem, but it wasn't done to say fuck the USA. 

The NFL players are doing it because their Daddy didn't teach them pride in country. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I am not a shill, a DU plant, etc..

90% of my threads on arfcom are in the tech sections: MK12 cloning threads (I recently finished a Mod H/waiting on my Allen Inc AEM5), precision rifle (I used to own an M24 rebuild), and MEUSOC .45 threads (I have one I'm working on).

I just pop in GD from time to time. I've been a firearm nut since the late 90s

EDIT: Found a pic of my family from an older post of mine.
BUT OMG, DU SHILL!!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Says everyone is overreacting, types out a novel length post telling everyone to not pay attention.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So any opinion different from yours is trolling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the worst most amateurish trolling thread I have ever seen I am so ashamed
So any opinion different from yours is trolling?
Welcome to GD, where people make fun of libs for being easily triggered, while not realizing that they are easily triggered themselves.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previews piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg
View Quote
TL:DR
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Upset about people being upset.

Drama²

Perhaps GD just isn't your thing.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Says everyone is overreacting, types out a novel length post telling everyone to not pay attention.
View Quote
The post isn't that long. I just double space the lines and start a new line after most sentences to make it easier to read....I'm not a fan of the mass of text in one huge block chunk.

This is the only thread I've commented in regarding this ordeal.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#15]
NFL players were raised in a culture where personal responsibility is absent.  Now they see themselves as SJW's for the good fight.  They're more like spoiled children.  They have the right to protest, but as employees their employer has the right to impose consequences.  Until the employers impose consequences, boycott the NFL's advertisers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Accepting and tolerating leftist propaganda is how we got to the sorry state our government is in. Your argument for continued support of the NFL is weak, pathetic, and based on an emotional appeal.
View Quote
Well said!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not a Trump guy. I agree with a lot of his views but not his personality/demeanor/diarrhea of the mouth. I have MAGA friends and get along with them great.

I personally like conservatives like William F. Buckley and Goldwater.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#18]
TL DR

Still unplugging NFL

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The post isn't that long.
View Quote
768 words is not exactly a concise way to express your anger. That's almost short story territory. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, why bother, just ignore it right?  Call yourself a Marine?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh look, join date.  LOL, your rant is meaningless.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So a couple lines in a speech is a "focus"?

Sorry your girl lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have never seen a bigger bunch of grown men aka "real men that actually like full contact sports" act like a bunch of sniveling snowflakes.

"We don't want politics in our sports."

GTFO, politics is in everything!

If Trump announced a rally/speech during the Super Bowl halftime stage, the same "get politics out of sports" types here would be screaming MAGA

Even my biggest MAGA friends are bewildered why so many on social media (and here) are clutching their pearls/passing out on their fainting couches simply because of some easily ignorable nonsense.

"Oh my, we must boycott the NFL, this is just tooo much...giving me the vapors!"

And please, stop with the sanctimonious "I was OUTRAGED, I was in the stands and THREE people near me were sitting down during the anthem!  I'm a vet and that angers me!"

Excuse me? Have any of you actually hung out on a typical Marine Corps base when it's time for Colors? (and yes, I was an 03)

Half the unit is staying inside the entrances of buildings because they DON'T want to be caught outside/having to stand through it. Then you have the other groups outside that start to hear the beginning of colors and make a dead sprint to any nearby doorway so NOT to be caught outside. This isn't the shitbirds, this is EVERYONE.

This happened daily on many Marine infantry battalion bases I was stationed on or visited. I saw on Camp Horno, Mateo, Margarita/1st Recon, 29 Palms, Oki, etc..  And yes, this was 2005-2010, not some garrison peacetime. The only time you rarely saw it was on mainside or near 52/infantry school simply because you used to have terrorizing figures like SGT MAJ Vines patrolling.

I don't want to hear any recent vets become all sanctimonious because we all did our best to avoid it too. This is just the daily....not even the dreaded Friday medley.  

I still can't figure why there is so many threads about it. Why are you all so damn upset? If it bothers you so much, simply start watching the game at the kickoff? Do you avoid movies because the upcoming previous piss you off?

Who gives a shit what goes on before??? By being a bunch of "OMG, time to boycott" you sound like a bunch of triggered old ladies clutching their knitting balls. Fuck the non-football bullshit, I came to watch modern day gladiatiors trying to kill each other. If a bunch of players kneeling hurts your sensitive feelings, go watch figure skating or something. I seriously cannot believe this place and the level of butthurt.  

One last thing. Like I said earlier, my MAGA friends can't wrap their heads around why so many conservatives are literally pissing themselves over this situation (as you can see here with the 30 various threads that give up to the minute drama queen updates: "OMG Buffy, did you see that? The dolphins are now kneeling too. Better tell everyone ASAP!!" It's like you're all going out of your way to be offended just like your typical SJW pansy liberal.

My diehard MAGA friends can only assume that the usual culprits are fanning the flames: Hannity and Limbaugh. None of us watch Hannity or listen to Rush but by the amount of just pure rage/emotions over something so trivial, I can only assume Hannity/Rush are making this a BIG deal and really laying down the rhetoric (and I'm assuming they're doing the "Boycott NFL because of the thugs" since that seems to be the usual parroting/talking point here).

Everyone take a deep breath and chill out. Football is still awesome and this is the best sport in the US, hands down. We know this "protest" is just current flavor of the month and will be as relevant as Livestrong bracelets in the coming months. Meanwhile when you all realize you made a mountain out of a mole hill, you'll sit back and realize how much NFL you missed and really regret it.

This forum was the absolute last place I figured on seeing such pearl clutching over something so nonsensical. These "protestors" are like children acting up, the more you give them attention, the more they're going to push. If Trump could keep his mouth fucking shut we wouldn't have all the extra "now we need to double down!" needless drama this weekend. All he did was flame the flames and gives these kneeling fucks even MORE ammo,

In case we haven't forgot....

WOW, great idea huh? Let's stop focusing on nonsense, huh, Trump????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhUWesWkAEWvcU.jpg

So a couple lines in a speech is a "focus"?

Sorry your girl lost.
yep the DU is strong with this one
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a Trump guy. I agree with a lot of his views but not his personality/demeanor/diarrhea of the mouth. I have MAGA friends and get along with them great.

https://i.imgur.com/Vf9yJHO.gif
Most wouldn't as it appears many here seem to be under the impression that Donald is a conservative. Most wouldn't know a real conservative if it bit them in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

(Edited remaining derp for brevity).
View Quote
"LOL!" (®DK-Prof, all rights reserved).
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Ayup. The big city chump fanatics here are no different than the obama or hitlery  fanatics. They are all the same to me. Their person can absolutely NEVER do any wrong no matter what. One extreme to another. Its hilarious to watch the cycle, 87D chess, small minds.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#26]
"my MAGA friends"

In other words, you aren't...so guess what 16'er.  Get out of the way of the train.  You claim to be a former Marine, yet can't recognize when we are in the midst of a "cold" Civil War.  We are fighting for the soul of this country and the people kneeling want to destroy the America you claim to have defended as a Marine.  

If they get their way, they won't give a fuck that people like you were John McCain style quislings.  You are as much their enemy as everyone on this website and Trump.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The post isn't that long. I just double space the lines and start a new line after most sentences to make it easier to read....I'm not a fan of the mass of text in one huge block chunk.

This is the only thread I've commented in regarding this ordeal.
View Quote
It's way too long for what little you had to say.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This matter has certainly brought the Hillary crowd out into the light.

Let me explain things for you:

Someone shits on my beliefs and they don't get any more money from me.

It's not too difficult a concept.
View Quote
If you pay a cable / sat bill - they are getting money from you. Broadcast rights are their cash cow - and that cost is about 87% of your bill.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't boycott something I've never watched anyway.
I definitely would on principle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#30]
OP is wrong. OP is pretending they movement behind this shit isn't coming from a well orchestrated plan to destroy the country as we know it.

Or the OP agrees with it. 

If the OP was German or french he (she?) would be saying how the reports of rapings were overblown. And besides, they scratch his hemorrhoids so they might even be useful.

Here OP is a trophy for you.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:00:11 AM EDT
[#31]
"Hey there fellow Trump voters, stop fighting the culture war! REAL men don't have a problem supporting people that hate you and your country."
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
I get your point, the color guard isn't being assisted by command and staff's attendance at the pole when the flag goes up or down. And it's no different on an Army post. At 1659 hours it's a ghost town - pretty much because most already left a half hour earlier.

However - what the service does and what the NFL requires as part of the employment contract as entertainers are two different things. One is a military regulation, the other is playing to the crowd as part of the opening ceremony in accordance with cultural tradition. It's not JUST the NFL having the Anthem, it's every sporting event right down to Farm Club ball in Podunk, USA. And we enforce that tradition because we aren't playing "no score" non combat sports.

Kneelers are dissing their customers by demeaning the ceremony, and deserve whatever their employer decides to mete out as punishment. They take the risk. If the customers aren't buying tickets, woe be unto the owners. Lost profits will decide the situation, and we ALL know PROFIT IS KING.

Remember how baseball fared when players were seen as overpaid jerks who didn't care about the fans? When they sold the World Series off to cable I quit watching, and owners now admit it was a major mistake. Throw in a wardrobe malfunction at halftime and oops, there goes the Superbowl on the "I don't watch list."

Yes, it's very much about the leftists politicizing sports and no, we DON'T have to put up with it. A lot of us quit watching years ago. Apparently that memo didn't get to you. Being insensitive to cultural mores is what leftists do.

And, BTW, I'm glad your girl lost.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
"Sorry your girl loss."

You guys really going to run with that one for a rebuttal? Might as well throw in a Budweiser WASSSSSSSSSUPPPP!!!! and some Chuck Norris jokes too since it appears we're going for "let's beat tired jokes into the ground some more" trend.
View Quote
I made some money planting some trees in front of a new commercial warehouse yesterday afternoon.

I do that sort of work part time now that I am retired for a guy who owns a commercial landscaping company.

I like being outside doing work more than watching football.

When it gets cold and that work dries up, then I watch the NFL now and then.

As to your statement.........since you are so on top of this issue........why are blacks dissing the American Flag in your opinion and giving the finger to most Americans?

Is it the same old cry babying?

I say this because a black Harvard professor many months ago completed a validated study that shows white men are more likely to be killed in encounters with the police than blacks are.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most wouldn't as it appears many here seem to be under the impression that Donald is a conservative. Most wouldn't know a real conservative if it bit them in the ass.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And that's fine.

View Quote
And yet you felt the need to start another. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
We know what you are.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Continue to subsidize the destruction of this country and then act surprised when it happens. A brilliant plan.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Hey OP, how many white guys died freeing the slaves?  You want to shit on that, go ahead and shit on it but the only people who will respect you for it are ignorant commies.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Speak for yourself shitbird. I never dodged colors.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Politics doesn't have to be in everything.  So much whine coming from liberals.....good job keeping that going OP.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
*Snip*
I just pop in GD from time to time. I've been a firearm nut since the late 90s

EDIT: Found a pic of my family from an older post of mine.
BUT OMG, DU SHILL!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/7IJLNNu.jpg
View Quote
In other words your a millennial.

Having a gun doesn't mean Jack or shit about your personal idiology or how you feel about the state of the country.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#44]
By the way, a lot of us served, but we don't make it part of our agenda to play that card to justify supporting a communist theme or post pics of our cool guns just to substantiate our image.

Benedict Arnold had qualifications, too.

It might be better to argue the point on it's merits rather than drag your service thru the mud. I'm thinking some fellow Marines might think differently about being associated with this rant.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Srsl guys watch football now pls. I promise I'm not a shill.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"Sorry your girl loss."

You guys really going to run with that one for a rebuttal? Might as well throw in a Budweiser WASSSSSSSSSUPPPP!!!! and some Chuck Norris jokes too since it appears we're going for "let's beat tired jokes into the ground some more" trend.
View Quote
Sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Enjoy your Social Justice Week participation trophy.  .
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/Vf9yJHO.gif
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck the NFL!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#50]
OP is triggered about people being triggered about people being triggered by a flag.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top