Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
we all agreed that our sole message is to provide and to promote an environment that is focused on love and equality.
View Quote
See, that's their problem.  Their message should be to provide and promote an environment that is focused on keeping the fans happy, interested, and coming back for more.  And that environment isn't social justice, BLM, LGBT, or anything else.  It's fucking football, dipshits.  Lose sight of that message and lose the fans money.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw it too - expected. And I'm with ya.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw the video of them kneeling in England.

That's it...I'm done. The NFL can rot in hell.
What did they do?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
So all the fans and people who have made heroes and worshiped these dumb idiots for decades now are finally starting to figure out they created entitled assholes.  The whole football industry in this country is gross and corrupt, don't get me started on college ball, and what a ridiculous sham that is.  I mean how did anyone think this would turn out ultimately?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been able to make my weekends MUCH more productive without wasting hours watching mostly commercials and SJW commentary.

Dry fire and working in garage is superior in every way.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the remaining fans in the stadiums should start carrying banners in support of ending spousal abuse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a log of durp right there. Who knew, the NFL doesn't care about money or viewership anymore?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at the people buying seats and merchandise. Ask them what they think about disrespecting the flag.

The NFL owners need to do that before they pick sides.

Their business, their rules.

But they are going to lose money out of picking the wrong side...
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m done with it.  I barley watched it last season and this season I’ve watched my last game.  

I have better things to do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So Lois Lerner is now in charge of immigration?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what kind of shit storm would be triggered if someone's passport was revoked, DHS software glitches. that would make repatriation a real bitch wouldn't it...
So Lois Lerner is now in charge of immigration?
What she did was good to go, I guess you didn't get the memo. Time to do the same to them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
NFL is dead.

time to reload.

F- EM
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a huge football fan, but I do enjoy watching a game from time to time if the weather is bad.  But it sure seems like the NFL is going way out of its' way to tell me to get fucked and I don't like it.  The sad thing about this is that it was so avoidable.  Douchebag Kappernack should have been fired after the first kneel.  This story would have long since been history and the other douchebag players would have got the message.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I am seeing almost universal condemnation of the NFL on social media.  Robert Kraft released a statement and no one is happy about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess this means I have to keep not watching football.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Our goal was to provide open dialogue and communication. We listened to one another. We believe it’s the best way to work through any issue we are facing, on and off the field,” owners Terry and Kim Pegula said in a statement distributed by the Bills . “President Trump’s remarks were divisive and disrespectful to the entire NFL community, but we tried to use them as an opportunity to further unify our team and our organization. Our players have the freedom to express themselves in a respectful and thoughtful manner and we all agreed that our sole message is to provide and to promote an environment that is focused on love and equality.”

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we’ve experienced over the last month,” Goodell said. “Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.”

Link
View Quote
No. Your fucking goal is to put some players on the field to entertain us.

If I wanted some ignant assed punk telling me about how the world works I'd go hang out in the unemployment line.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am seeing almost universal condemnation of the NFL on social media.  Robert Kraft released a statement and no one is happy about it.
View Quote
He really disappointed me with his recent statement.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#16]
https://sports.yahoo.com/other-owners-giants-lead-213020641.html

This guy got lots of letters.  I think Trump just stirred a pot that was already boiling.

Good luck owners..
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#17]
It took me a bit to really realize what bugs me about this. I don’t know if I can put it into words yet, but I will try.

Nationalism isn’t just about the love of country, it’s about the love of your fellow countrymen. Nationalism is this collective idea that all Americans are part of something larger, part of the same family, and therefore have obligations to each other.

The National Anthem is a reminder of that.

Now, we can argue that, in the United States, not everyone lives up to that high ideal. This is true, and it’s true from many angles. Not everyone shows the proper love and respect for their fellow Americans… And not everyone lives up to the obligation to be a good, honest, productive citizen either. Nobody is perfect. But when people don’t live up to an ideal, you don’t go throwing out the things that encourage others to live up to that ideal.

As I said, this is a collectivist ideal and I am not a collectivist, no one on the American Right really is. We are individualists who believe in self-reliance at our core. But any idea, no matter how good, when taken to extremes will become destructive. Nationalism is this moderating idea the American Right embraces which keeps our individualism from becoming destructive and allows us to form a functioning society.

When people go “taking the knee” or otherwise disrespecting the symbols of the United States, what they are doing is telling us they no longer want to be protected by the mutual Nationalistic agreement that we are one people.

And that means the basis for Affirmative Action  goes away. The basis for Welfare, public education, anti-discrimination laws, public housing, food stamps, Medicaid, all of it goes away. The whole basis for giving people justice is based on the idea that we are one people with rights, so let the cops deal with criminals, rioters, and other vermin with whatever level of deadly force they choose.

In short, by taking a knee, these idiots are protesting against the whole basis for the kinds of social policies they presumably support.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What did they do?
View Quote
A crap load of them took a knee at a game in London. There will be a TON today I bet as the games start in the US that take a knee.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kneeling for the anthem is not respectful, thoughtful, nor unifying.

What President Trump said was spot on.

Go eat a dick NFL
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Trump has literally purged the NFL of true patriots.  He has forced the decision.......if you watch the NFL .....you are a tacit supporter of the left.  

He has also put plenty of folks in a conundrum. If you paid $100+ for a ticket.....or even $1000s for season tickets......are you gunna sacrifice that financial investment.   Or......are you gunna go to a game and rationalize that the folks around you and the players are really NOT your enemy?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Sure the owners would support the players. That's where the paychecks come from. No players = no games, and no multi-million-dollar income.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#22]
They have just signed their financial death warrant.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#23]
If they keep this up, I might be able to afford an NFL team in a few years. Not that I would ever want one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Why exactly did Trump kick this hornet's nest? Now everyone's going to be on their damn knees.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It took me a bit to really realize what bugs me about this. I don’t know if I can put it into words yet, but I will try.

Nationalism isn’t just about the love of country, it’s about the love of your fellow countrymen. Nationalism is this collective idea that all Americans are part of something larger, part of the same family, and therefore have obligations to each other.

The National Anthem is a reminder of that.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am sure ANTIFA and SJW's everywhere will be buying jerseys and 12 dollar Coors at stadiums this weekend.
View Quote
Owners should have taken the opportuniy to voice support for tax cuts for the middle class and rallied fans to call their Congress critters.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why exactly did Trump kick this hornet's nest? Now everyone's going to be on their damn knees.
View Quote
To force them to show their true colors. His tweets tend to do that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't even know what they are protesting 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
 Here's the last money I'll ever spend on anything NFL-related: https://dicksbymail.com/ and yep, it'll be filled with dicks and confetti glitter.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The London NFL game this morning

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is exactly why he did it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#32]
The professional sports bubble is bursting.  TV is on the way out anyway, this will just hasten the decline.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Most football fans in Philadelphia could careless about politics, they love their football, beer, and nachos. Philly can triple the cost of the ticket and they would still go to the game.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Put up or shut up.......is basically what he is saying.

If you go to a game and folks are cheering when these idiots are kneeling down......it'll show you who your friends are and what kind of organization you are supporting.

I have been to 100's of games.  The anthem was heartfelt, meaningful, and religious experience for most folks in attendance. I would expect that they are not going to appreciate this shit-show.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL.  Trumps fault.  Got it.  

Who's your team?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#37]
I was down to basically only watching when my team plays. Now I am done, it will be a hard habit to break though
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatever it actually started as has been lost.

At this point, it is showing their hatred of DJT.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nope. They are certainly not dumb.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard-place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are so dumb. For real.
Nope. They are certainly not dumb.

They are stuck between a rock and a hard-place.
Correct, either piss on the employees or piss on the revenue base...

...tough call
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Kneeling for the anthem is not respectful, thoughtful, nor unifying.

What President Trump said was spot on.

Go eat a dick NFL
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
All the black people who get shot every week in Chicago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#42]
I had been a Miami Dolphins fan 45 years. The kneelers soured me last year and when they extended the contract of kneeler Kenny Stills, I was done. Stephen Ross and the rest of the NFL can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Our players have the freedom to express themselves in a respectful and thoughtful manner
View Quote
I love how they parade around how their players are free to do this... while forgetting that, as a citizen, Trump is also allowed to express himself too.

They (and many SJWs) are carrying on as if he signed an EO banning unpatriotic players, when in fact he just stated how he felt about it and what he felt should happen.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't either.

"Oppressed" millionaires claiming to stand up for oppression in this country (that doesn't exist and those folks are given all kinds of advantages and hand outs) and some bullshit about cops killing them (when most all are criminals who earned their lead filled death).
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Racist white america and racist police
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#46]
NFL's forgotten goal is to play ball and entertain the masses, not engage in political discourse or social justice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Who's your team?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your team?
You didn't understand my comment at all.  I don't watch the NFL (or any other professional sports).  Trump forced all these assholes to pick a side and expose themselves.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was down to basically only watching when my team plays. Now I am done, it will be a hard habit to break though
View Quote
That is exactly where I am on this. Random NFL games just didn't interest me anymore and I pretty much only watched the Patriots. I just bought two tickets to see them next week with my son. It'll be our first game ever.

If I see any Patriots players kneel, we're not going. Sure, I'll lose the money on the tickets, but I just can't do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#49]
How long before the NFL wants a government bailout because TOO BIG TO FAIL!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm going fishing & shooting 
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top