BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're on contract. You can't just "fire" them.
View Quote
yes you can.

any contract can be voided for illegal, immoral, demeaning behavior that negatively effects the company.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
the irony of folks on a gun forum talking down freedom of speech/expression is amazing.... GD never fails
View Quote
Where has anyone suggested the government storm in there and lock them all up?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the irony of folks on a gun forum talking down freedom of speech/expression is amazing.... GD never fails
Many people get confused about the actual meaning of the 1st amendment. 

I wonder what he thinks of the COC of the site? 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems the free market has handled the situation pretty well.  There was not a "your fired" moment but ratings dropped, the organization is clearly paying attention to that and no one is throwing offers to Kappernick to further impact their own team with the ratings plunge.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think they are really that confused as much as they are throwing out a strawman.  They are trying to say if you are not 100% behind these "protests" then you are anti 1st Amendment.  Which of course is total bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#6]
65% yes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
And you can continue voting until you get tired of voting.  It will let you vote as many times as you want...at least ten.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Should take those boys out and whip them until they stand up. Am I right? Those black guys are too ignorant to have a real opinion and should clearly not be allowed to display it. Right?

The 88 is strong in some of you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I already fired the NFL.

MAGA
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I am so done with pro sports.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#11]
66 yes
:)
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Democrats are all in on this trending topic
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]
The NFL and NBA are dead to me. I've forgotten most of the team's names already.

When they decided to turn entertainment into a platform for leftist politics, I stopped caring.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Should take those boys out and whip them until they stand up. Am I right? Those black guys are too ignorant to have a real opinion and should clearly not be allowed to display it. Right?

View Quote
Obvious troll is obvious. I would say it was a good try but it was actually weak as hell. Pathetic even. 

More hilarious is someone says NFL and YOU think Black and boy! 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you carry your gun at work? Assuming you are not LEO, or own your own business.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:54:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
All I care about is that the rules are applied equally, being ideologically consistent.  

Millions of people are offended by this.  Can one of the players, for a separate issue, give everyone in the stands and the television audience the middle finger?  It's just free speech in protest of whatever they're protesting.  Should they be immune from being fined, benched, or fired?  Some people would think it's hilarious, and agree with that person.  Others would be offended.

What about Donald Sterling?  Should he have been fined $2 million and been forced to sell his franchise?  All he did was excercise his right to free speech and freedom of association in private.  Surely, everyone should have been supportive of his right to the views he wants to express.  Oh wait, no, all the players, a bunch of fans, the TV outlets, POTUS, etc. freaked out.  And he was banned for life, fined, and forced to sell his $2 Billion, 1/30 asset.

I want ideological consistency from people.  If you're going to allow, and foster, an activity that millions of people find offensive and repugnant, you had better allow all the other stuff as well.  What I've seen isn't ideologically consistent, at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Last year I would have been in favor of firing a player who used National Television for this kind of BS. I felt the same when 4 St Louis Rams WR's walked out pre-game in the now famous "Hands up, dont shoot" pose. Today, IDGAF what the NFL or its owners do. They won't ever get me back as a fan, regardless of what they do or say. 

Instead I am taking great delight in the fact that while some people want to give the players and owners some kind of recognition for "standing up" to racism, fascism, or whatever it is they are protesting against, the players and their fans are overlooking something so big I cannot understand how they are missing it.

As a "class" the professional athletes in this country command a salary and bonus structure that rivals some of the most well compensated C level executives in the nation. With that money comes a level of power and influence that properly used could impact any number of things, including what they perceive as racial or social injustice. 

Instead of using their best weapon in this fight against <insert cause here> they are actively destroying the VERY thing that provides them the weapons to fight. 

This is where the comparison to men and women who run the organizations that fuel the world's economy ends howerver. The professional athletes aren't highly educated, despite attending/graduating college. They aren't experienced business men and women, they are young and wealthy beyond what most have ever experienced. 

They are eroding their own ability to influence or change, to impact and effect, the very social issues they state are driving them to take a knee during the national anthem. Instead of doing something meaningful with the tools at hand, they are throwing a tantrum. 

So no, firing them makes them martyrs. They are doing themselves and the industry that pays them in at a very rapid pace. While it won't change the narrative in the end, they won't be fired by a bunch of rich white guys who will then be accused of being racist. (I'm actually surprised the owners haven't been compared to plantation owners yet)
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#21]
What the hell just happened during the Detroit/Atlanta Anthem? Who was that singer?

ALL the ATL  and DET players stood,  locked arms, but I swear that motherfucker just made a career ending gesture..
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Hit

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All I care about is that the rules are applied equally, being ideologically consistent.  

Millions of people are offended by this.  Can one of the players, for a separate issue, give everyone in the stands and the television audience the middle finger?  It's just free speech in protest of whatever they're protesting.  Should they be immune from being fined, benched, or fired?  Some people would think it's hilarious, and agree with that person.  Others would be offended.

What about Donald Sterling?  Should he have been fined $2 million and been forced to sell his franchise?  All he did was excercise his right to free speech and freedom of association in private.  Surely, everyone should have been supportive of his right to the views he wants to express.  Oh wait, no, all the players, a bunch of fans, the TV outlets, POTUS, etc. freaked out.  And he was banned for life, fined, and forced to sell his $2 Billion, 1/30 asset.

I want ideological consistency from people.  If you're going to allow, and foster, an activity that millions of people find offensive and repugnant, you had better allow all the other stuff as well.  What I've seen isn't ideologically consistent, at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a player, no matter which ethnic group came out and held up a sign stating Support the Cops, or Cops Lives Matter, or Support you local PD with out NFL, Coach, or Owner permission most likely he would get fined. If he did it again the following weekend in protest most likely he'd get a suspension or worse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#25]
At this point its the owners and league that are at fault for not nipping it in the bud.
sadly now they are actively endorsing it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
At this point its the owners and league that are at fault for not nipping it in the bud.
sadly now they are actively endorsing it.
View Quote
may they reap the benefits of their stupidity. maybe the public will wise up to the fact that all these sports teams are little more than spoiled overpaid entertainers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The kneelers should start their own league, stadiums and all.
View Quote
yep and stream the  games
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#28]
What happened to 'leave your politics at home and just do your job'?  Whether you're an NFL Player or Google Engineer, we'd be much better off if more people followed that practice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#29]
hit it
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Fired - no, not by policy.

I think they should be fined like every other time they do something wrong.  Wear a 9-11 memorial shoe: gets a fine, unauthorized uniform mods get a fine, then fine them for disrespecting the flag (or country if you prefer) as well.

I think they should ride the pine for the game.  That would be up to individual owners though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I am truly disgusted with people on here.

The United States is such an amazing country because we have the freedom to protest and be individuals with freedom of expression. Just because YOU don't agree, should not matter.
I cannot believe people complain about liberals wanting to take their guns, but then have no problem taking away other peoples freedoms.

Anyone that voted "Yes" clearly doesn't understand what this country is about.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#32]
No.  Let them do all their sjw bullshit.  Wear pink hats.  Hire lady gaga for every half-time to lecture the crowd.  

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am truly disgusted with people on here.

The United States is such an amazing country because we have the freedom to protest and be individuals with freedom of expression. Just because YOU don't agree, should not matter.
I cannot believe people complain about liberals wanting to take their guns, but then have no problem taking away other peoples freedoms.

Anyone that voted "Yes" clearly doesn't understand what this country is about.
View Quote
You clearly don't understand the difference between freedom of speech and employers rights.

If you stood up at your desk and started making a political speech, your employer would be well within their rights for terminating your employment for using THEIR platform/business to push your individual opinions.

The NFL is no different. If the owners want to allow the players to use the NFL's workplace/platform to push their personal beliefs, that is their decision, but they would 100% be well within their rights to discipline/terminate any employee who did so.

That is what many people are pushing for, allow the players to push their platforms on their time because people are tired of having political opinions/beliefs forced upon them during programming that has no relation to it. Time will tell how the ratings/reaction will end up, but considering SNF was down 10% versus last year, which was down from the year before... People might be responding already.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you for voting!

Yes  63.78%  (8,436 votes)

No  36.22%  (4,790 votes)

Total Votes: 13,226
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What do you do with an employee that is destroying your business?
View Quote
Dock their pay. Fine them. Bench them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Not really up to me as I haven't watched football in a long time and don't buy any of their products. That said, they're a private enterprise and can hire/fire whom ever they please. My guess though is that the only thing getting fired is the NFL, by their former fans.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You clearly don't understand the difference between freedom of speech and employers rights.

If you stood up at your desk and started making a political speech, your employer would be well within their rights for terminating your employment for using THEIR platform/business to push your individual opinions.

The NFL is no different. If the owners want to allow the players to use the NFL's workplace/platform to push their personal beliefs, that is their decision, but they would 100% be well within their rights to discipline/terminate any employee who did so.

That is what many people are pushing for, allow the players to push their platforms on their time because people are tired of having political opinions/beliefs forced upon them during programming that has no relation to it. Time will tell how the ratings/reaction will end up, but considering SNF was down 10% versus last year, which was down from the year before... People might be responding already.
View Quote
Believe me, I am more educated than what appears to be 99% of the people on here, I understand completely.
You have to at least see the hypocrisy on here! These people want to push for an employer to fire someone because THEY don't agree with that person. The same people who think Chipotle/Whole foods etc...should be forced to allow concealed carry. Businesses should only have freedom when it aligns with my beliefs? There seems to be no ambiguity on the second amendment, but all the others are a grey area when it comes to their opinions....Lot of people calling themselves patriots who seem to hate most Americans .

Fire the NFL protestors for protesting...
Don't kick out the open carry guys for protesting...
  Eric Bollings son dies, liberals are rude and disgusting about it....
Mccain has cancer, "yay!!" "good"....

Face it, the majority of people on here who are mad about this are only mad because they want to fight anything that might be considered liberal, even though they lack a deep understanding about most issues.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]
hit
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
it's not an issue of free speech. these are paid employees doing this on employer dime.

this has nothing to do with free speech/expression.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's not an issue of free speech. these are paid employees doing this on employer dime.

this has nothing to do with free speech/expression.
If its truly a employee/employer issue, than why are you getting so excited?  Its none of your business, its between the employee and employer, right?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
That's up to the owner.  Their team, their rules. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Broncos should definitely fire Von Miller.

So 12 other franchises get to fight over who can pay him even more money.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Voted yes
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unlike the NBA and baseball contracts, their contract does not state they must stand during the National Anthem 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Nah, just docked a game check which goes straight to wounded vets.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Not sure they should be fired, but there should be some form of punishment.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#46]
They should be fired and banned from ever playing in the NFL again
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lots of clauses and fine print in contracts...lots.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#48]
NO THE THE LEAGUE SHOULD FINE & SUSPEND THE SHIT OUT OF THEM.  THE TEAMS, OWNERS , & SPONSORS SHOULD ALL DENOUNCE AND DROP ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank you for voting!
Yes  63.8%  (8,723 votes)

No  36.2%  (4,949 votes)

Total Votes: 13,672
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top