Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're on contract. You can't just "fire" them.
View Quote
What do you do with an employee that is destroying your business?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely ZERO fucks given.

Wish mr. trump would focus on DELIVERING campaign promises like a wall and ending NAFTA rather than wasting time twitting about what some morons that can't even spell NFL do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Not fired - benched.  It's a disciplinary event, not a job-ending offense.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I hire people to perform a job.

Obviously, if they can't perform that job, they should be fired. However, regardless of whether or not they can perform their job, if they bring negative attention to my company and damage it's image or reputation, they should also be fired
View Quote
They should be fired if they refuse to modify the behavior that is bringing negative attention to the company.  They should be counseled first.  And that's part of the problem.  The players run the show.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I had zero respect for the athletes prior to their political protests, so this taking a knee thing doesn't really change anything for me.  

One thing this just reinforces for me though...NFL players are not very bright.  One thing they should consider is that a LOT of their fans are patriotic.  The liberal turds out there that are excited by their taking a knee are not the people overpaying for tickets, concessions, collectibles, etc. and essentially paying their salaries.

Should Trump have waded into this issue?  No.  I think he made a mistake in addressing it.  If anything...there are going to be even more people taking a knee just as a "f**k you" to him.

I genuinely hope that ratings and game attendance plummets as a result of their pregame shenanigans.  People are well within their rights to have a problem with this.  That right extends to "voting with your wallet" and taking your money elsewhere.

If I was a team owner, part of my players code of conduct would be that players must stand for the national anthem.  If you want to protest off the field...have at it (as long as it doesn't negatively impact the team). However, I'll be damned if my bottom line is going to be impacted by some whiny turd who wants to take a knee to get 'Likes' on social media.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes  62.86%  (2,936 votes)

No  37.14%  (1,735 votes)

Total Votes: 4,671
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had zero respect for the athletes prior to their political protests, so this taking a knee thing doesn't really change anything for me.  

One thing this just reinforces for me though...NFL players are not very bright.  One thing they should consider is that a LOT of their fans are patriotic.  The liberal turds out there that are excited by their taking a knee are not the people overpaying for tickets, concessions, collectibles, etc. and essentially paying their salaries.

Should Trump have waded into this issue?  No.  I think he made a mistake in addressing it.  If anything...there are going to be even more people taking a knee just as a "f**k you" to him.

I genuinely hope that ratings and game attendance plummets as a result of their pregame shenanigans.  People are well within their rights to have a problem with this.  That right extends to "voting with your wallet" and taking your money elsewhere.

If I was a team owner, part of my players code of conduct would be that players must stand for the national anthem.  If you want to protest off the field...have at it (as long as it doesn't negatively impact the team). However, I'll be damned if my bottom line is going to be impacted by some whiny turd who wants to take a knee to get 'Likes' on social media.
View Quote
They don't care..........they are rabid racists and will probably carry that racism to their graves.

Seen it all my life with the KKK types in the 50's and with many, many black people for their entire lives.

They simply have to die off.  They will not change for the most part.  They will see racism in every thing imaginable.

It is a disease that usually goes uncured and lasts a lifetime.

Should they be fired..........that's up to the owners.

If I was an owner I would fire them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
1) You can bench them.
2) You can pay out their contract and send them home.
3) You can sue them for violating their players contract.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Horseshit. Players get released all the time. Only those with 5+ years in the league get paid for the entire year if they're released (I think).
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They don't care..........they are rabid racists and will probably carry that racism to their graves.

Seen it all my life with the KKK types in the 50's and with many, many black people for their entire lives.

They simply have to die off.  They will not change for the most part.  They will see racism in every thing imaginable.

View Quote
This is something that I've seen consistently over the years. The thing that gets me...I know that there are instances out there where racial bias is a legitimate concern.  I have witnessed it firsthand.  However, this issue goes both ways.  ex. When I was in my 20's and lived in GA, I dealt with racial bias with the staff in a buffet style restaurant.  

Neither my friend nor myself (both white) could get the staff to provide service (the staff was black).  If someone that was black walked up to the counter...the staff came right over to help them.  If we walked up to the counter (even just after they finished talking to the other customers)...they went right back to ignoring us.  We eventually just left.

It's been ~13 years since that happened to me...and I haven't forgotten it.  I'm sure those same people that refused to serve us would have thrown a fit if they tables were turned and I didn't help them out fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes  63.91%  (3,171 votes)

No  36.09%  (1,791 votes)

Total Votes: 4,962
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait until today's games.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#13]
The NFL is a business, not a social club.  The players are employees; and as such represent the corporation.  The corporation exisits to maximize the profits of the share holders. When the players engage in this behavior they are causing the corporation to lose money; therefore they should not engage in these activities. It is the duty of the corporation to take corrective action, up to and including removing the players from their employment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Since people seem to be firing the whole league there is no need to fire individual players.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#15]
comment removed
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Hit it and YES...   fire, discipline or otherwise correct their pathetic entitled whiny behavior.    64.36 says fire them!

This is not about Trump being a biggot or etc.  ....this is a culture war in action and there is someone finally at the POTUS levels to call it like it is.    Of course this will not turn the tide...as we are outnumbered and out bred.  But it is a nice thing to see.

MAGA
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't own an NFL team, so it's not up for me to decide.

I can tell you that products that don't sell well are generally discarded.  Consumers decide.
View Quote
This. These guys are paid to do a job. If their employer doesn't want the attention then its up to them how to handle it. I know if i protested during company time i would most likely be fired. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#18]
If you're in our Nation, you should stand and show respect for our National Anthem regardless of your personal beliefs.  

That said, I don't care because I no longer buy the product.  I've had enough of that culture.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait until today's games.......
View Quote
Good idea. I might tune in for the national anthems and see what happens.

Other than that, I'm done with the nfl and nba, except for the poll hitting, social media and email campaign. I hope Arfcom is all in on it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#21]
The stadium is their place of business and they are on the clock when the kneel no company I know of would tolerate that disruption in the workplace.

How many here would get to keep their job if you participated a political protest in your workplace on company time?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#22]
The irony of screaming racial inequality while surrounded by other mostly black players, while making 10s of millions of dollars to play a game, is not lost on me. Fuck them all. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is something that I've seen consistently over the years. The thing that gets me...I know that there are instances out there where racial bias is a legitimate concern.  I have witnessed it firsthand.  However, this issue goes both ways.  ex. When I was in my 20's and lived in GA, I dealt with racial bias with the staff in a buffet style restaurant.  

Neither my friend nor myself (both white) could get the staff to provide service (the staff was black).  If someone that was black walked up to the counter...the staff came right over to help them.  If we walked up to the counter (even just after they finished talking to the other customers)...they went right back to ignoring us.  We eventually just left.

It's been ~13 years since that happened to me...and I haven't forgotten it.  I'm sure those same people that refused to serve us would have thrown a fit if they tables were turned and I didn't help them out fast enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's sad and I don't know any cure for rabid racism other than they have to die off.

Maybe in 500 years?

But we will never know it.........we will be long gone and dust in the wind.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:53:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for voting!
Yes  64.78%  (3,442 votes)

No  35.22%  (1,871 votes)

Total Votes: 5,313
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes  64.84%  (3,450 votes)

No  35.16%  (1,871 votes)

Total Votes: 5,321
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I could care less, I think I've only watched parts of one or two NFL games since the 85'/86' season. What the fuck do I care what a bunch of puffed up, pampered, prima donnas do or complain about?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#27]
The real life question is, will the team owner/general manager be allowed to fire a player for not standing for the National Anthem.  Reality is a lot more complicated than jist saying "fire the SOB!"  Of course, they can fire anyone if they are willing to pay out the guaranteed portion of their contract, unless they have a morality clause portion they can use to cut them loose without paying.  Then again, I doubt they have something in there about this sort of behavior.  On the flip side of that coin, I'm sure there are more than a few organizations like the NFLPA and the ACLU ready to help the kneelers file lawsuits over getting cut from their teams and that will cost the team money, win or lose.

I would think a team owner could stand up to the legal challenge and win, but at what cost?  Let’s not forget this is a mega-business.  If one of their marquee players with a guaranteed contract decides to push it, can the team afford to take the financial hit of cutting them or trading them off?  If there was no salary cap and team had deep enough pockets, maybe so, provided they could find enough talent that shared their ideals to replace them.  The vast majority of the time though, it's going to hurt the team performance wise.  That will also hit them in the wallet over time.  They are going to piss off one section of their viewership either way.  Right now, by default, they are testing people like the majority of this site's membership.  If they determine it's in their financial best interest to do the opposite, they will.

I actually feel for the owners who share my ideals.  They are in a no-win situation.  Doing the right thing is going to cost them quite a bit, at least in the short term.  The court of public opinion cuts both ways.  Benching the offending players is probably the best option.  Make them want to leave the team.  Plus, you get to test the waters before you go whole hog.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not fired - benched.  It's a disciplinary event, not a job-ending offense.
View Quote
But, trust me, if a player unfurled the Confederate flag, went on an anti-muslim rant or called Obama the "n-word," he would be fired before he finished the sentence.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#29]
65% yes
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I think not buying tickets, watching NFL on TV, or buying anything NFL until the players respect their customers is a far better solution to forcing anyone to stand up.

Forcing them makes them martyrs.  Having the NFL lose a ton of money is the market at work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#31]
hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

its the nfl.  they can be cut at anyitme
View Quote
This.  Their contracts don't mean shit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The kneelers should start their own league, stadiums and all.
View Quote
For some stupid reason, taxpayers are on the hook for stadiums n this country
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Absolutely ZERO fucks given.

Wish mr. trump would focus on DELIVERING campaign promises like a wall and ending NAFTA rather than wasting time twitting about what some morons that can't even spell NFL do.
View Quote
You seem concerned.

Congress has no intention of passing laws that keep President Trump's campaign promises, even if congress has already made the same campaign promises.

That said President Trump is very effectively using executive orders to accomplish as much MAGA without congress the constitution will allow.

I'm happy with the 'progress' POTUS Trump is achieving, especially given the hostile swamp in DC.

I mentioned the Jesse Ventura Effect would happen and so far my prediction was correct (President Trump would get a quick win, then both parties would shut his agenda down for the rest of his term...this is exactly what happened to Ventura as MN Governor and is happening now to POTUS Trump).
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe so..but financial sanctions however.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#36]
hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Hit.

65% say fired
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I voted yes just for shits and giggles. But I believe in their business their rules, the ownership not giving a shit about their employees disrespecting the flag tells me they don't respect it either. So why would I help them make money.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#39]
the irony of folks on a gun forum talking down freedom of speech/expression is amazing.... GD never fails
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't own an NFL team, so it's not up for me to decide.

I can tell you that products that don't sell well are generally discarded.  Consumers decide.
View Quote
So only give your opinion on things you "own"?  Must be short on conversation.  Must not be a native Texan.  You don't have to own something to have an opinion about it. I do not own things I hold a negative opinion of for obvious reasons.  Reach down, grab your balls, and take a fucking stand. JHC William Travis is shaking his head.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
True, but the Owners can make them stay in the locker Room until after the Anthem. Ultimately the Sponsors will decide with their Money
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But, trust me, if a player unfurled the Confederate flag, went on an anti-muslim rant or called Obama the "n-word," he would be fired before he finished the sentence.
View Quote
Riley Cooper played a couple more seasons after being recorded calling security guards that word at a concert. The Eagles fined him though. The league didn't push for further action.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the irony of folks on a gun forum talking down freedom of speech/expression is amazing.... GD never fails
View Quote
Start bringing political statements into your workplace and see how long before you end up in HR. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
The owners have a right to their free speech also and how they want their business model to look like.

If the players feel that strongly about this they are free to start their own League if they play for owners they do not like.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Their so called protests are based on complete lies such as "hands up don't shoot", "all white people are racist", and "America has never been great".

Fuck every single ones of these cock suckers (I'm sure most of them are pretty comfortable on their knees).
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#46]
this no rule in the NFL that says you can't sit or kneel during the anthem, so no they shouldn't.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#47]
All new contracts should have specifications on how any form of 'protest' should be handled.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Hit
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
it's not an issue of free speech. these are paid employees doing this on employer dime.

this has nothing to do with free speech/expression.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Owner's discretion, but if I were the owner, the answer would likely be yes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top