Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 2:34:32 PM EDT
I don't mean at medical dispensaries, I mean in recreational legal states, out in the wild, after school, the big dance, bonfire etc. Note I'm more referring to those under 18 rather than those between 18 and 21.

Not a parody, genuinely curious. Everyone was a kid at one time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Pot needles are killing their brain cells
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What's your business in Canada?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Should be discouraged until adulthood the same as alcohol.  Been proven to cause lasting issues when used by developing minds.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Consumption should just be a fine.  No need to ruin a 16 year old's life over weed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I really don't care.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The same as laws prohibiting teens from having sex with each other.

Sounds good, doesn't work.

Teens drink, fuck, and toke irrespective of the law.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a parental issue.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really don't care.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone I knew in high school who smoked found it easy to get regardless of the laws.  I have a friend with an interesting past, and if you knew the right people you can get pretty much anything.  He eventually cleaned up, went to law school, and took a pay cut as a lawyer

The biggest danger I see is with edibles and children getting ahold of them accidentally.

When I was in CO the legalization didn't really change much.  The people that smoked kept smoking, and almost everyone who didn't continued not to (myself included).
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everyone I knew in high school who smoked found it easy to get regardless of the laws.  I have a friend with an interesting past, and if you knew the right people you can get pretty much anything.  He eventually cleaned up, went to law school, and took a pay cut as a lawyer

The biggest danger I see is with edibles and children getting ahold of them accidentally.

When I was in CO the legalization didn't really change much.  The people that smoked kept smoking, and almost everyone who didn't continued not to (myself included).
View Quote
That'll teach johnny to steal from the cookie jar.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a parental issue.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
... Underage? Very bad. Sessions kinda bad. WTF?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Just as stupid as an arbitrary drinking age.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
All illegal
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Edibles are extremely expensive compared to actually smoking it. I know a lot of potheads and all of them secure their edibles better than they would ever secure their actual weed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh. I was a kid once. I was smoking weed at 15. Gave it up at 21 or 22. I think it should be completely legal. FOR ADULTS. A person needs to reach the age of majority to legally make decisions for themselves. Dangers of drugs and alcohol need to be taught by the parents.

In my opinion and experience, I think the real danger in weed is seeing how harmless it really is compared to other drugs(tobacco, alcohol, prescription, and street drugs). I wouldn't say that it's a gateway drug. Especially for people who have self control. But it's very easy to assume that other drugs aren't as addicting as weed, and before you know it, you're a full blown alcoholic or balls deep in an opiate addiction.

I was born with the part of my brain that says "man, that feels really good. Let's do it again!!"  So I don't do drugs and I hardly drink anymore. Meanwhile, I lost one brother to fentanyl and I've watched my other brother nearly kill himself a few times detoxing from alcohol. They had to put him in a coma for the withdrawal. It wasn't pretty. And I've had too many close friends growing up go into harder drugs and they're no longer around.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
... Underage? Very bad. Sessions kinda bad. WTF?
View Quote
Worse than alcohol, same, or better? Is the equal to prohibition kinda bad, same, or better?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Consumption should just be a fine.  No need to ruin a 16 year old's life over weed.
View Quote
no 16 year olds lives are getting ruined by pot. most likely some drug counseling and probation with piss tests.

malum prohibitum laws are all retarded though
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Should be discouraged until adulthood the same as alcohol.  Been proven to cause lasting issues when used by developing minds.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
True.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Age should be 18 though. Just like for all the other benefits and responsibilities of adulthood.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I should be able to smoke marijuana as a babyif that is what I choose to do. I mean I thought this was America.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Little time in juvy would do them good. Set them straight, make sure they don't go down the wrong road in life.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Pot needles spread aids last time I checked!

Actually I dont give any fucks what anybody does if doesnt effect me.
People can smoke crack, take haroine or smoke pot, nfg.

Just dont crash into me or steal from me!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe give them whatever the same punishment as if they had cigarettes or tobacco, usually a fine or something. If they are using it or in possession of it while underage and committing a crime add on some additional shit. Over 18 I don't really think it should be regulated moreso than alcohol is for 21 year olds. Its a plant and it is less dangerous than alcohol by a wide margin. Just one man's opinion.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I really don't care.
View Quote
This. And we went so long without pot threads, I really hope we're not about to have another flareup.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just as stupid as an arbitrary drinking age.
View Quote
This. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This. And we went so long without pot threads, I really hope we're not about to have another flareup.
View Quote
sorry grandpa.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#32]
1) Remove them from their parents
2) Sell their parents homes under forfeiture laws.
3) Remove them from school.
4) Extend their driving rights to the age of 18.

Pretty much ruin their hippy lives for smoking a plant that makes them happy for an hour.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:04:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
1) Remove them from their parents
2) Sell their parents homes under forfeiture laws.
3) Remove them from school.
4) Extend their driving rights to the age of 18.

Pretty much ruin their hippy lives for smoking a plant that makes them happy for an hour.
View Quote
sounds reasonable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top