Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No kidding.  The woman sacrificed her own child(ren), herself, and her family's well-being for a stray animal and instead of viewing her as an idiot she is held up as some kind of compassionate saint.  Only in <modern> America . . .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it's funny until you are one of the first responders on scene cutting the woman and child out of the car. It happened as a result of an abandoned dog running around the neighborhood and mom tried to avoid hitting it. This resulted in flipping the car over in a ditch. I didn't think it was all that funny while I was cutting the six year old out of the car.
You sound like a liberal crying for gun control.

Don't crash your car trying to avoid hitting an animal. If it's small you hit it and can feel sad, but never swerve your car.
No kidding.  The woman sacrificed her own child(ren), herself, and her family's well-being for a stray animal and instead of viewing her as an idiot she is held up as some kind of compassionate saint.  Only in <modern> America . . .

two idiots
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because dogs are instinctually pack animals. So long as they see you as the Alpha they won't attempt to hurt you.
View Quote
So, a 120 lb cat would try to kill you?  But I'm sure it loves it's human companion and would never attempt to harm them.  It has EMOTIONS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Now you've REALLY done it!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely not a year? The same as anyone else convicted of illegal dumping? A fine of some sort? Dogs are property. Dumping your property is littering. Cute, fluffy littering, but littering nonetheless. The fact that weepy, emotionally stunted 'adults' who value the lives and well being of animals over that of people get spun up into a rage about abandoned dogs should not affect criminal sentencing.

<snip>
Now you've REALLY done it!!  
Dogs are property, they are the responsibility of their owner.

Unless it's a pitbull then GD will tell you that the owner is absolved from responsibility and the dog is to blame for any situation it is placed in lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So, a 120 lb cat would try to kill you?  But I'm sure it loves it's human companion and would never attempt to harm them.  It has EMOTIONS.
View Quote
How many humans harm their own family? How many murder-suicides has there been involving families?

You would be surprised at how we are not much different than animals, only with much higher intelligence. In fact, we are mammals
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure if a cat was big enough and got hungry it would most certainly try to kill you.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How many humans harm their own family? How many murder-suicides has there been involving families?

You would be surprised at how we are not much different than animals, only with much higher intelligence. In fact, we are mammals
View Quote
You mean humans can be irrational, spontaneous, and violent?

Who woulda thunk it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You mean humans can be irrational, spontaneous, and violent?

Who woulda thunk it.
View Quote
Yes, just like a 120 pound cat or animal could be.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why are you getting so upset? That involves "feelz".

Societies throughout human history have killed their own babies too (even in modern day)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide

I guess humans are not much different than "animals" huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOLOLOLO

Cats are some of the cruelest animals on the planet
Dogs will kill their own litter if they decide it is not viable

Quit assigning human feelz to animals, nature is cruel and heartless for a reason
Why are you getting so upset? That involves "feelz".

Societies throughout human history have killed their own babies too (even in modern day)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide

I guess humans are not much different than "animals" huh?
Laughing Out Loud is getting upset?
This case doesn't even peg my care-o-meter (much)

No, I am just laughing at your "logic"
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You would be surprised at how we are not much different than animals except just with higher intelligence. In fact, we are animals.
View Quote
How many 120 lb cats would attempt to kill their owners?  All of them.

How many humans murder their children/families?  A small fraction.

Difference should be obvious to such a logical thinker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For accusing and lashing out with "feelz" so much you seem quite feelzy (angry) yourself. You are worked into a frenzy it seems. It really bothers you that I care for domesticated cats and dogs, doesn't it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Punishment fitting a crime is not defending the criminal

Just stop

Get back to being feelzy, you almost made sense
For accusing and lashing out with "feelz" so much you seem quite feelzy (angry) yourself. You are worked into a frenzy it seems. It really bothers you that I care for domesticated cats and dogs, doesn't it?
Not even a little
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How many 120 lb cats would attempt to kill their owners?  All of them.

How many humans murder their children/families?  A small fraction.

Difference should be obvious to such a logical thinker.
View Quote
Wrong. There's domesticated 120 lb + cats that don't attempt to kill their owners

Here's an example: https://www.instagram.com/blackjaguarwhitetiger
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]
??? ????? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ????
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.   What a lowlife.  Glad the pup has a new home.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wrong. There's domesticated 120 lb + cats that don't attempt to kill their owners

Here's an example: https://www.instagram.com/blackjaguarwhitetiger
View Quote
Haven't killed them yet.

Ask Siegfried and Roy about that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
two idiots
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it's funny until you are one of the first responders on scene cutting the woman and child out of the car. It happened as a result of an abandoned dog running around the neighborhood and mom tried to avoid hitting it. This resulted in flipping the car over in a ditch. I didn't think it was all that funny while I was cutting the six year old out of the car.

Don't crash your car trying to avoid hitting an animal. If it's small you hit it and can feel sad, but never swerve your car.

two idiots
This is getting good
Did you really just call site staff an idiot?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#20]
More anecdotal evidence.  Would that person lay down and sleep in that enclosure, or interact with them outside of extremely controlled circumstances.  lol

You are ruled by feelz.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
So you choose the few breeds of large cats that are actually pack animals as an example?

They're unique in that regard.

They'd still eat him if it came down to it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Raising large predatory cats takes skill and is still very dangerous. When you see them playing with humans the trainers are aware at all times of where each one is and knows their temperaments. I'm not sure what point everyone is trying to make?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

More anecdotal evidence.  Would that person lay down and sleep in that enclosure, or interact with them outside of extremely controlled circumstances.  lol

You are ruled by feelz.
View Quote
There is more a wild side to those wild cats for sure, but just showing they don't instantly kill someone because they are simply bigger.

This whole argument has strewn way off topic

Not sure why we are talking about big cats now in a thread related to recklessly dumping a domesticated dog
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes--and like it.  <--- don't forget the worst part  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet you are the kind of person who would drop a whole hive of bees off in some field and let them fend for themselves 
Yes--and like it.  <--- don't forget the worst part  
Probably take money for it also 
How inhumane 

How many of those poor bees never make it back to the hive?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You are attempting to link the behavior of a normal cat to a psychotic human?  I guess in gym007 Logic Land that makes some kind of sense.  To everyone else--

Your attempts at using "logic" to make your point are going farther and farther off the rails.  Hoo boy!
View Quote
What would make you happy? That I say that domesticated dogs and cats should not be treated more than a non-living object?

What should this guys punishment be? A littering fine?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There is more a wild side to those wild cats for sure, but just showing they don't instantly kill someone because they are simply bigger.

Not sure why we are talking about big cats now in a thread related to recklessly dumping a domesticated dog
View Quote
You brought up cats, as noble, wise creatures who have human emotions and talk to you.

IDK why you felt you needed to do that, but it may seem logical to someone who talks to cats, and hears them talk back.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You brought up cats, as noble, wise creatures who have human emotions and talk to you.

IDK why you felt you needed to do that, but it may seem logical to someone who talks to cats, and hears them talk back.
View Quote
Well considering that large felines are not even close in DNA to a domesticated house case, that has strayed off topic. My point in that video was they don't instantly kill people.

My entire point initially was that a dog and cat are capable of feelings and emotions. You acknowledged that. I believe there should be additional penalties, because of that, if a crime is committed that involves cruelty toward them. By cruelty I mean suffering. Not being humanely disposed of.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Baboso-"Better believe you are in a gym thread, Ms. Turner, because you are in a gym thread"
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh and for calling me crazy saying my cat can verbally communicate....here is some reading:

http://www.catbehaviorassociates.com/the-meaning-of-your-cats-meow/

Cats do not verbally communicate with each other (instead using mostly body language) but actually learn to use verbal communication toward humans simply because we do it

They can make also make over 100 vocal sounds (dogs make about 10). My cat has different sounds, for example, if I tell him to come inside from the garage and he doesn't want to. He has one if he's hungry, if he's angry, etc. He has a sound for a happy response. He has a sound when I tell him I'm going to give him cat nip. He also mimics bird sounds when he sees a bird.

That's 100% communication
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Update on the pup:

Here's an update on this sweet puppy!! Claira-Belle (Now KD) is doing extremely well in her new home! She is quite possibly the sweetest dog I have ever met. From the time we got home on Saturday to now, KD has brought so much love into my home already. She enjoys cuddling on the couch, watching tv, and going for walks around the neighborhood. She is extremely calm and just wants to love everyone she meets. I was a little nervous about how she would adjust to her new surroundings because she was so timid in the shelter, but this beautiful girl has blown me away. Thank you to the people who rescued her and to the SPCA who brought us together. My heart is so so full of love and gratitude!!

https://i.imgur.com/0oObRJR.jpg
View Quote
At least this one had a happy ending. I'll try not to think of those that don't.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Asshole.

I will never understand how people can do this with a pet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Gather round the campfire kids. It's story time...

Certain details of this story will remain shrouded to protect the criminally awesome.

I learned to fly as a young man out of a regional airport in southwest Missouri. My instructor was a prolifically active pilot as well as the tower chief of the airport. Besides being the tower chief he was a full time charter pilot, flew air ambulance, flight instructed and owned and operated his own aircraft, a beautiful L-19 Bird Dog. He was unmarried (what woman would put up with such a lifestyle) and so he lived his entire life at the airport. He received the regional "flight instructor of the year" award a number of times throughout his career and even received it once at the national level. He was a fantastic pilot and a fantastic guy. A character the likes of which you rarely come across.

Over a period of months in the late 80's he noticed a particular car that would park in the airport viewing area not far from the tower in which he worked. He could easily see the car from the tower with his binoculars and got to where he became familiar (visually) with the man that drove it. He'd show up every Saturday, put out a lawn chair and eat his lunch while watching the aircraft come and go. Soon, John (we'll call him), noticed that there were animals being abandoned out there. It didn't take him long to realize that it was happening on Saturdays. So he began to pay closer attention to the man's activities. Sure enough, he finally witnessed him kick a kitten out of his car as the last thing he did before packing up and leaving the viewing area.

So the following Saturday the man shows up again with a puppy in his car. John goes right out there to meet him. He approaches him and says "hey sir. I see you out here every Saturday watching the airplanes. Do you like airplanes?" The man enthusiastically says yes and how he's always wanted to be a pilot but never had a chance to pursue it. John says, "well, I happen to own an airplane. Would you like to go for a ride some time?"
"Yes! Absolutely! Thank you so much for the offer!"
"Well, how does tomorrow look for you? Should be nice weather. How about we meet here around 8am?" Says John.
"I'll be here!"

So the next day rolls around and John takes the guy to the airplane and they blast off into the calm morning air for a scenic ride. John flies him over fields and rivers, playfully dodging about the occasional puff of cloud, towards Hutchinson, KS. Hutchinson was an old abandoned military airport that has since been revitalized. It was set up for the Navy back in the 40's for primary instruction during WWII. Later the air force used it and made the runways huge so they could base SAC bombers there. They later abandoned it as well. Civilians have used on and off for various purposes... skydiving, gliding. There's a nice FBO there now. But there it sat at the time. Enormous runways sprawled out everywhere. Cavernous hangars standing agape next to the ramp. The majority of air traffic came from pigeons flying in and out of the hangars.

John lands and taxis up to a corner of the enormous ramp area away from the hangars. They get out to stretch their legs and John is explaining the history of this base to the man as they're walking across the tarmac towards the abandoned buildings. As they get up next to the buildings, John says "hold on a second. I forgot to grab my camera from the airplane. Be right back." He walks back to the plane, hops in, and fucking flies away. Abandoned his ass right there in the middle of nowhere.

It's gotta be close to a mile walk just to get to the highway. The man would've needed to hitchhike home from there. John never saw him again. But he did keep one of the cats the man abandoned. He named him "Rudder" and he grew up to be the fattest, happiest cat you ever saw.

Swear to God that's a true story.

An L-19 Bird Dog:
Attachment Attached File

Pics of Hutchinson over the years.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gather round the campfire kids. It's story time...

Certain details of this story will remain shrouded to protect the criminally awesome.

I learned to fly as a young man out of a regional airport in southwest Missouri. My instructor was a prolifically active pilot as well as the tower chief of the airport. Besides being the tower chief he was a full time charter pilot, flew air ambulance, flight instructed and owned and operated his own aircraft, a beautiful L-19 Bird Dog. He was unmarried (what woman would put up with such a lifestyle) and so he lived his entire life at the airport. He received the regional "flight instructor of the year" award a number of times throughout his career and even received it once at the national level. He was a fantastic pilot and a fantastic guy. A character the likes of which you rarely come across.

Over a period of months in the late 80's he noticed a particular car that would park in the airport viewing area not far from the tower in which he worked. He could easily see the car from the tower with his binoculars and got to where he became familiar (visually) with the man that drove it. He'd show up every Saturday, put out a lawn chair and eat his lunch while watching the aircraft come and go. Soon, John (we'll call him), noticed that there were animals being abandoned out there. It didn't take him long to realize that it was happening on Saturdays. So he began to pay closer attention to the man's activities. Sure enough, he finally witnessed him kick a kitten out of his car as the last thing he did before packing up and leaving the viewing area.

So the following Saturday the man shows up again with a puppy in his car. John goes right out there to meet him. He approaches him and says "hey sir. I see you out here every Saturday watching the airplanes. Do you like airplanes?" The man enthusiastically says yes and how he's always wanted to be a pilot but never had a chance to pursue it. John says, "well, I happen to own an airplane. Would you like to go for a ride some time?"
"Yes! Absolutely! Thank you so much for the offer!"
"Well, how does tomorrow look for you? Should be nice weather. How about we meet here around 8am?" Says John.
"I'll be here!"

So the next day rolls around and John takes the guy to the airplane and they blast off into the calm morning air for a scenic ride. John flies him over fields and rivers, playfully dodging about the occasional puff of cloud, towards Hutchinson, KS. Hutchinson was an old abandoned military airport that has since been revitalized. It was set up for the Navy back in the 40's for primary instruction during WWII. Later the air force used it and made the runways huge so they could base SAC bombers there. They later abandoned it as well. Civilians have used on and off for various purposes... skydiving, gliding. There's a nice FBO there now. But there it sat at the time. Enormous runways sprawled out everywhere. Cavernous hangars standing agape next to the ramp. The majority of air traffic came from pigeons flying in and out of the hangars.

John lands and taxis up to a corner of the enormous ramp area away from the hangars. They get out to stretch their legs and John is explaining the history of this base to the man as they're walking across the tarmac towards the abandoned buildings. As they get up next to the buildings, John says "hold on a second. I forgot to grab my camera from the airplane. Be right back." He walks back to the plane, hops in, and fucking flies away. Abandoned his ass right there in the middle of nowhere.

It's gotta be close to a mile walk just to get to the highway. The man would've needed to hitchhike home from there. John never saw him again. But he did keep one of the cats the man abandoned. He named him "Rudder" and he grew up to be the fattest, happiest cat you ever saw.

Swear to God that's a true story.

An L-19 Bird Dog:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/L-19-Bird-Dog-Dave-Miller-311617.JPG

Pics of Hutchinson over the years.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Hutchinson_KS_45-311609.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Hutchinson_KS_58-59_B-57-311610.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Hutchinson_KS_hangar-311611.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/261993/Hutchinson_KS_08Sep15_twr-311613.JPG
View Quote
Cool story thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My memory is fine, thanks.  You agreed with my suggestion of shooting the dog, but I certainly recall your snipes at me over posts I've made in the past.  Downright hostile they were, and done in a way that didn't reveal to me your "feel(ings) about animals."
View Quote
Yes, you've always been 100% cordial and non-confrontational.

You and I have agreed more than we've disagreed, as well as giving each other attah-boys on occasion. My initial point to you was to say that even though we've disagreed about animals in the past, I agreed with your post in this thread. And then you somehow turned that into a pissing match. And I'M the one who's "hostile"???
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A cat or dog still has a level of thinking below all but the most damaged individuals.  Even retards have concept of self and the ability to emote on a human level.  Even if that level is 2 years old.  They still have more intellect than an animal.  

People who are brain damaged vegetables confined to a catatonic or lesser state would be lower functioning than a cat or dog.  

Sorry if that hurts your feels, bro.  Animals aren't people, don't think or function like people, and aren't on the same "level".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is a brain damaged person on the same level as a cat or dog to you since they don't have a high-level of thinking?
A cat or dog still has a level of thinking below all but the most damaged individuals.  Even retards have concept of self and the ability to emote on a human level.  Even if that level is 2 years old.  They still have more intellect than an animal.  

People who are brain damaged vegetables confined to a catatonic or lesser state would be lower functioning than a cat or dog.  

Sorry if that hurts your feels, bro.  Animals aren't people, don't think or function like people, and aren't on the same "level".
You're way underestimating dogs intelligence and capacity to both feel and express emotions.

They don't have the higher order brain function such as sense of self, which is why they're still property and can be treated as such

But your argument based on this post alone is as exaggerated as the "fur baby" types.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My wish is that people could simply be treated the way they treat other living things.  I wonder if the muh property'ers would be happy with that.  Im sure theyd say a lot of blah blah blah but they know dam well they dont want to get strangled, or drowned to death.  
View Quote
Dogs mangle and kill lots of other living things.
This is not a path you really want to tread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That would be a suitable punishment
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is one of those cases where I could support public lashes on town square.
That would be a suitable punishment
I agree. Best answer yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The problem is that the punishment is not severe enough. If they make an example out of him with Mandatory Jail Time and Huge Fines, people will think twice about doing this kind of thing.
View Quote
Seize his fucking car like the DNR would do if used for poaching. Bet that would make a few bastards like that guy think twice about dumping. If he was in my family, he would be dead to me and my kids.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#41]
When you have an animal, you are that animal's entire world.  It relies on you 100%.  Especially with dogs, it will give its life for you in an instant.  You have a responsibility to treat it accordingly.  Anyone who would just abandon another life, regardless of species, that depends on you and loves you deserves no better fate than what they left for the animal.

The true measure of a man's character is not how he treats his superiors and peers:  it's how he treats his inferiors.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:Seize his fucking car like the DNR would do if used for poaching. Bet that would make a few bastards like that guy think twice about dumping. If he was in my family, he would be dead to me and my kids.
View Quote

Works for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Lol..

Do I like th guy for dumping a dog? No...

Do I think our society has put pets on a pedestal and people treat them better than other humans..yes

People call their pets their kids...you have a damn screw loose if you compare a pet life to that of a human.

People really like to attribute human emotion, feeling, and logic to animals that cannot even fathom our process of thought.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The true measure of a man's character is not how he treats his superiors and peers:  it's how he treats his inferiors.
View Quote
This guy gets it....
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When you have an animal, you are that animal's entire world.  It relies on you 100%.  Especially with dogs, it will give its life for you in an instant.  You have a responsibility to treat it accordingly.  Anyone who would just abandon another life, regardless of species, that depends on you and loves you deserves no better fate than what they left for the animal.

View Quote
Nailed it.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top