Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me too.  Couldn't even give that pup a chance to jump out of the car he had to yank it.

Piece of fucking shit.
View Quote
At least he stopped the car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
And Arfcomers want to get out of jury duty.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Prepare for incoming!
View Quote
My body is ready.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
"Who cares its just an animal"

"Animals don't have feelings and can't express love"

"Anyone who supports the dog over the human is a PETA lovin commie"

Shitfest incoming
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dumping is horrible and a POS act but would you guys be sanguine if he simply shot it?  
View Quote
"sanguine" Latin for blood as in exsanguinated
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in a rural area.  People dump animals on our property several times a year.  Fuck them all.  Glad to see someone finally get caught for doing it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Lazy POS
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dumping is horrible and a POS act but would you guys be sanguine if he simply shot it?  
View Quote
You and I feel differently about animals. But I'm sure we feel the same about this issue... yes, I would prefer the guy just have had the balls to shoot it. Instead of dumping it like coward. He should be dumped somewhere so that he may contemplate his actions.

"Contemplate this on the tree of woe."

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Couldn't even take the leash and collar off?  Rot in jail shit bag
View Quote
I would have way less of a problem if he had pulled out a pistol, shot it, and left the corpse in the ditch.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People in Texas throw so many dogs out of cars at the same spot the cops know where to put up cameras?  
View Quote
Dumping spots for all sorts of illegal activities are fairly common in rural areas all over the nation.  Animals, trash, old cars, etc.  

It's usually a fairly secluded place where people feel like they are not able to be seen.  People are shitty.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Update on the pup:

Here's an update on this sweet puppy!! Claira-Belle (Now KD) is doing extremely well in her new home! She is quite possibly the sweetest dog I have ever met. From the time we got home on Saturday to now, KD has brought so much love into my home already. She enjoys cuddling on the couch, watching tv, and going for walks around the neighborhood. She is extremely calm and just wants to love everyone she meets. I was a little nervous about how she would adjust to her new surroundings because she was so timid in the shelter, but this beautiful girl has blown me away. Thank you to the people who rescued her and to the SPCA who brought us together. My heart is so so full of love and gratitude!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

One well-placed shot is a much more humane death that what the dog faces by being dumped.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.   What a lowlife.  Glad the pup has a new home.
View Quote
Every bit of this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
People in Texas throw so many dogs out of cars at the same spot the cops know where to put up cameras?  
View Quote
Sadly, yes.   Both of my current shiteaters were dumps.   Since then I've euthanized another and handed yet another off to an arfcommer in san antonio.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Update on the pup:

Here's an update on this sweet puppy!! Claira-Belle (Now KD) is doing extremely well in her new home! She is quite possibly the sweetest dog I have ever met. From the time we got home on Saturday to now, KD has brought so much love into my home already. She enjoys cuddling on the couch, watching tv, and going for walks around the neighborhood. She is extremely calm and just wants to love everyone she meets. I was a little nervous about how she would adjust to her new surroundings because she was so timid in the shelter, but this beautiful girl has blown me away. Thank you to the people who rescued her and to the SPCA who brought us together. My heart is so so full of love and gratitude!!

https://i.imgur.com/0oObRJR.jpg
View Quote
This is bullshit. The dog pictured is not the dog in the video. The dog in the video is old and fat. The dog pictured here is young and trim. Thanx for the fake news post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is bullshit. The dog pictured is not the dog in the video. The dog in the video is old and fat. The dog pictured here is young and trim. Thanx for the fake news post.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I love animals and love dogs.

Do I think someone should go to jail over dropping a dog in the wild?  No.

It's an animal.  We eat animals every day.  Cops shooting criminals is OK but dropping a dog off is  not OK?  Bunch of liberals when it comes to dogs.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Fucking pieces of human shit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Look at the spot on the video dog's side. It covers half the body. The spot on the pic dogs side is not even a 3rd of the size. It isn't the same dog.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Odd, being that's one of the nicer areas of Dallas
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't be. Take the animal to a shelter and throw a $20 in the donation box to free you of your sins for abandoning it.

Theres no excuse to simply shoot a perfectly healthy non-troublesome pet because you no longer want it.

(But Muh property people can fuck off)
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Look at the spot on the video dog's side. It covers half the body. The spot on the pic dogs side is not even a 3rd of the size. It isn't the same dog.
View Quote
The photo appears to be flipped. Look at the other side of the dogs body in the video and the spots match the photo. That post was made by the adopter named by both the police and the news
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck that pos! As much as I hate drunk drivers I hope one meets this asshole on the side of the road while it's pouring rain and he's changing a flat tire
View Quote
Perfect case of when assholes collide
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Grew up near a sawmill... there was never a shortage of new dogs that people just dropped off. My mom did her damndest to take all of them in that she could
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Doesn't look like the same dog to me either.
View Quote
It is. The photo is just flipped (mirrored). Look at the spots on the face and compare to the photo. They are on opposites sides compared with the video. The spots on the back also match up.

The dog likely lost weight because it was on the side of the road for a day and in a shelter.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Pos
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep, people dump animals all the time near our farm.  Nice, wooded, curvy road that is not traveled often.  Coyotes get most of the smaller animals (cats, small dogs), and the ones who make it up to the farmstead are disposed of.  It's not my responsibility to take care of your animal, and I am not paying to take them to the pound - which often is overcrowded, has no vacancy and requires a $20 drop off fee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People around here seem to think if they dump them out in the country some kindly old farmer will take them in.
Nope, that kindly old farmer will blast them with buckshot for messing with their livestock. Or they'll end up cold, hungry, and in a slot pretty low on the food chain. People suck.
Yep, people dump animals all the time near our farm.  Nice, wooded, curvy road that is not traveled often.  Coyotes get most of the smaller animals (cats, small dogs), and the ones who make it up to the farmstead are disposed of.  It's not my responsibility to take care of your animal, and I am not paying to take them to the pound - which often is overcrowded, has no vacancy and requires a $20 drop off fee.
This is what we had to do when I was younger and living the farm life.  Shitbags like this would dump dogs off thinking they would find a good home and be well fed.

In reality, the weaker dogs get eaten by the coyotes or just starve and become vulture jerky, the stronger ones tend to pack up if not dispatched on first contact then become a very big threat to livestock.  Dogs still have the hunting instinct way down there.

Once a year we would have to hunt down these packs of dogs by baiting them in and shooting them.  A couple of chickens in a cage usually worked very well.  5-6 guys with rifles and coordinated shots because after the first shot they scatter.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#32]
He was just returning that poor abused (domesticated) wolf descendant to it's natural wild habitat.
Don't you people care about nature?
It's for the children.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't mess with Texas
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Guys an asshole but a year sentence is stupid.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They don't have a fucking pound
View Quote
Most of the pounds charge you a fee.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
So what should the punishment be for abandoning a pet? How about if the pet that got abandoned runs into the road a few hours later and causes someone to crash their car and they are injured?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have no idea what your first sentence means.  I have no clue how you"feel about animals" and you don't know how I "feel about animals."  It's odd you would presume to know this.  

I'm guessing you have seen me post a sane and logical approach to dealing with animals, and have drawn (probably erroneous) conclusions from that.  Conclude what you will though, as many others here become what sounds like violently angry over any sane view of animals, and how they should be dealt with.  
View Quote
Do you think cats and dogs have emotions and can feel love/pain like people can?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Clara-Belle? wtf should have let the dog off itself

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So what should the punishment be for abandoning a pet? How about if the pet that got abandoned runs into the road a few hours later and causes someone to crash their car and they are injured?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOLWAT?

What if it contracted rabies, ran around some neighborhood biting other animals, they all got rabies and started running around other neighborhoods, etc., etc., then they all jumped on an airplane and started biting all the passengers and then that airplane flew all over the planet spreading rabies infected people and pets 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This is what we had to do when I was younger and living the farm life.  Shitbags like this would dump dogs off thinking they would find a good home and be well fed.

In reality, the weaker dogs get eaten by the coyotes or just starve and become vulture jerky, the stronger ones tend to pack up if not dispatched on first contact then become a very big threat to livestock.  Dogs still have the hunting instinct way down there.

Once a year we would have to hunt down these packs of dogs by baiting them in and shooting them.  A couple of chickens in a cage usually worked very well.  5-6 guys with rifles and coordinated shots because after the first shot they scatter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People around here seem to think if they dump them out in the country some kindly old farmer will take them in.
Nope, that kindly old farmer will blast them with buckshot for messing with their livestock. Or they'll end up cold, hungry, and in a slot pretty low on the food chain. People suck.

It's a shame to do it, but it's better than letting them cause trouble then starve or get eaten themselves.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So what should the punishment be for abandoning a pet?
How about if the pet that got abandoned runs into the road a few hours later and causes someone to crash their car and they are injured?
View Quote
Definitely not a year? The same as anyone else convicted of illegal dumping? A fine of some sort? Dogs are property. Dumping your property is littering. Cute, fluffy littering, but littering nonetheless. The fact that weepy, emotionally stunted 'adults' who value the lives and well being of animals over that of people get spun up into a rage about abandoned dogs should not affect criminal sentencing.

Letting a dog go in the woods should not result in the imprisonment of a person for an entire year, period. Dude didn't torture the dog, rape the dog, or do anything other than let it go in some woods, where it will either learn to eat squirrels and live in the woods, or not, and become part of the food chain once again.

For fucks sake I have literally seen people do less than a year for stabbing a real live human being and yet we have people advocating locking this dude up for 365 days for letting a fucking dog go in the forest.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LOLWAT?

What if it contracted rabies, ran around some neighborhood biting other animals, they all got rabies and started running around other neighborhoods, etc., etc., then they all jumped on an airplane and started biting all the passengers and then that airplane flew all over the planet spreading rabies infected people and pets 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOLWAT?

I guess it's funny until you are one of the first responders on scene cutting the woman and child out of the car. It happened as a result of an abandoned dog running around the neighborhood and mom tried to avoid hitting it. This resulted in flipping the car over in a ditch. I didn't think it was all that funny while I was cutting the six year old out of the car.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The problem is that the punishment is not severe enough. If they make an example out of him with Mandatory Jail Time and Huge Fines, people will think twice about doing this kind of thing.
View Quote
Yep, but it isn't happening.

Many folks are fucking idiots, and shit heads in general. Not to mention real assholes, and then there are the evil fuckers that really enjoy doing shit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Lavon, Texas. An actual road named for this purpose.

http://us.geoview.info/dog_drop_road,15195197w
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I guess it's funny until you are one of the first responders on scene cutting the woman and child out of the car. It happened as a result of an abandoned dog running around the neighborhood and mom tried to avoid hitting it. This resulted in flipping the car over in a ditch. I didn't think it was all that funny while I was cutting the six year old out of the car.
View Quote
It's for the children!!! lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One well-placed shot is a much more humane death that what the dog faces by being dumped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen Brother ...
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do you think cats and dogs have emotions and can feel love/pain like people can?
View Quote
No.  Animals can have base emotions, learned responses and instinctual reflexes (such as a response to pain), but they do not feel, think or emote like a human being.  

Anthropomorphizing for the win!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have no idea what your first sentence means.  I have no clue how you"feel about animals" and you don't know how I "feel about animals."  It's odd you would presume to know this.  

I'm guessing you have seen me post a sane and logical approach to dealing with animals, and have drawn (probably erroneous) conclusions from that.  Conclude what you will though, as many others here become what sounds like violently angry over any sane view of animals, and how they should be dealt with.  
View Quote
Your memory isn't so good any more. You and I have differed in our views in animal-related threads on more than one occasion over the years. But in this case, I was agreeing with you 100%. So friggin lighten the f#ck up Francis.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOLWAT?

I found the cause
Feel ur feelz, though
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top