Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2017 7:34:57 AM EDT
Ball bearings, Thermite and black powder components are all suggested by their helpful algorithms.

https://www.channel4.com/news/potentially-deadly-bomb-ingredients-on-amazon
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Common clock internals
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Common clock internals
View Quote
Ha!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Wait... you can buy det cord on Amazon with remote ignition?!

<credit card screams>
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thermite?

Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh. If possession is intent, every woman is a prostitute.

We had all that shit in high school chemistry and machine shop. The tools don't make the criminal.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
It's the UK. Let the bans on everything begin!

I don't think the streetside turn in receptacles are a good idea this time though.

Quoted:

We had all that shit in high school chemistry and machine shop. The tools don't make the criminal.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#7]
CSB.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thermite?

View Quote

Iron oxide and aluminum powder.

IIRC, black powder is charcoal, salt peter (AKA potassium nitrate, a food additive), and a pinch of sulfur.

Very basic chemistry involving benign, readily available materials.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IIRC, black powder is charcoal, salt peter (AKA potassium nitrate, a food additive), and a pinch of sulfur.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thermite?

Well aware of what thermite is, just at it being deployed as a weapon.  Maybe useful for a derailment (destroy portion of track)?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Doesn't matter, we already do it here for the "war on drugs."

Don't go camping if you have a cold; we've had people arrested around here for buying Coleman lantern fuel, lithium batteries and cold medicine in the same WalMart trip.

One Example
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought peroxide/TATP was the moose limb improvised kaboom weapon of choice there? They are going to have to realize where there is a will, there is a way. I bet a lot of muzzleloader shooters in the uk are rolling their own too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thermite is relatively easy to make, but it's not really explosive. 5 gallons of gas would be more effective for a terrorist in most cases.

Black powder is a simple recipe but good luck making it yourself. It has to be a very specific ratio and extremely finely ground and mixed to go bang instead of a slow fizzling burn. If you screw up it'll go off in your face while grinding. Not at all a DIY project.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thermite?

View Quote
Terrorist moonlighting as railroad track crews......
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember that Star Trek episode.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well aware of what thermite is, just at it being deployed as a weapon.  Maybe useful for a derailment (destroy portion of track)?
View Quote

I see your point. I think the website knows it sounds scary to the public since how often does the public hear "thermite" in any context that is not military-related?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#18]
If you know what you are doing you can buy chemicals at Wal Mart that you can make explosives or chemical weapons out of.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thermite is relatively easy to make, but it's not really explosive. 5 gallons of gas would be more effective for a terrorist in most cases.

Black powder is a simple recipe but good luck making it yourself. It has to be a very specific ratio and extremely finely ground and mixed to go bang instead of a slow fizzling burn. If you screw up it'll go off in your face while grinding. Not at all a DIY project.
View Quote
People forget that 88 people were killed in the Happyland Club fire, more than Orlando, with virtually no effort, expense or massive plan. How long until they figure out a homemade flame thrower or fuel/air bomb?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not true at all. Plenty easy to make. A few reasonable precautions will keep you from blowing yourself up. Lots of youtube tutorials showing how to make it, even if you want to start with your own piss and some rocks from the backyard.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Forgot the oxidiser to go with the Fe + Al 

Quoted:
If .gov clamps down too hard, they will naturally consider all pyrotechnicians as proto-terrorists, and then we'll lose 4th of July celebration displays.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#22]
That's scary.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you need another oxidizer on top of iron oxide?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thermite?

It's a good thing they don't about carbide. Just a rock of that and so water produces a flammable gas!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If the buyer uses an Arab name, then that is sufficient reason.
View Quote
And if they have a mexican name, same same.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
They're still slumbering
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not true at all. Plenty easy to make. A few reasonable precautions will keep you from blowing yourself up. Lots of youtube tutorials showing how to make it, even if you want to start with your own piss and some rocks from the backyard.
View Quote
I had that figured out when I was really young and I'm no genius. All kinds of strong oxidizers when mixed with a fuel and lit on fire will blow up pipes, CO2 cartridges, etc and make a lot of noise. I never thought of adding ball bearings though, thanks for the suggestion amazon!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#30]
See how that works Amazon? Look what You've done.

Quoted:

I had that figured out when I was really young and I'm no genius. All kinds of strong oxidizers when mixed with a fuel and lit on fire will blow up pipes, CO2 cartridges, etc and make a lot of noise. I never thought of adding ball bearings though, thanks for the suggestion amazon!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also the electrical switch. Just think of all the pranks and hilarity that could result from adding an electrical switch to a small bomb. Amazon rocks!

I know....Im already on the list...probably just got promoted up to the top of it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#32]
They sell magnesium ribbon on Amazon.

Scroll Down
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Good thing the UK police are busy painting their cruisers to endorse mental illness. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wait... you can buy det cord on Amazon with remote ignition?!

<credit card screams>
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top