Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2017 3:29:00 PM EDT
It seems even conservatives have taken to using this word.

This is how the left tries to control language. Just like re-naming themselves "progressives".

They are not Dreamers.

They are illegal immigrants.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

This is how the left tries to control language. Just like re-naming themselves "progressives".

They are not Dreamers.

View Quote

INVADERS...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Whether conservatives want to admit it or not, there's a distinction to be made between people brought here by their parents when they were kids, and people that willingly crossed the border as adults.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI

Quoted:
Whether conservatives want to admit it or not, there's a distinction to be made between people brought here by their parents when they were kids, and people that willingly crossed the border as adults.  
View Quote
Parents involving them merely makes them an accessory to a crime.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
OPEN BORDERS NOW.

América pertenece a todas las personas.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
quote me the section(s) of the law that make that distinction. I'll wait.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really? Is there a legal distinction in the immigration laws? That would make a big difference in their status if so.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's got less to do with the law and more to do with the people that were raised as Americans, want to assimilate as Americans, and have known no other country but America.  

These people are not the problem with immigration, regardless of the letter of the statutes.  To believe so is reductionist and lazy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Your not their boss! 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
If your parents sneak you and themselves into Disney Land is it Mickey's fault or yours when you get caught and told to leave?  Do the kids get to stay?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Leeches...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I use the term "pre-deportation illegals"
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#14]
You may say I'm a dreamer.

Also dupe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Anchor-ish type babies/youth/adults work?

Regardless, they are illegal...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Leeches...
View Quote
Not being a felon is already a condition of the program, I have no problem with permanent disqualification from government assistance and a waiting period on voting rights also being written into a new law.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's got less to do with the law and more to do with the people that were raised as Americans, want to assimilate as Americans, and have known no other country but America.  

These people are not the problem with immigration, regardless of the letter of the statutes.  To believe so is reductionist and lazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These people are absolutely part of the problem with immigration!!!

The reason why they are part of the problem is another matter...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

View Quote
Can I use "wetback"?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Good point OP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

They are illegal immigrants Aliens.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Leeches...
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Again, NOT arguing with the letter of the law.. I'm simply stating that these people didn't magically become felons (for any reason based on their behavior) the day they turned 18 any more than I magically became responsible with alcohol the day I turned 21.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Canada should take them; a much better option than muslims
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Again, NOT arguing with the letter of the law.. I'm simply stating that these people didn't magically become felons (for any reason based on their behavior) the day they turned 18 any more than I magically became responsible with alcohol the day I turned 21.
View Quote
Nope, but their parents bringing them here didn't make them torch bearers for the American Dream, either. 'Dreamers' is pure marketing fluff and should be left to DNC campaign media. It has no place in serious DACA debate.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you think we are going to send the parents, grand parents, etc. of the DACA "children" back once they granted amnesty?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#26]
The entertaining thing to me is what DACA stands for...one of the main concepts in there is "deferred". 

Guess what kids? Your deferment has come to term. Time to GTFO.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Never started calling them dreamers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I listened to a interview on the radio the other day of a woman (illegal immigrant) whom was talking about her daughter (brought in illegally) whom was looking to leave the US. The funny thing to me was the woman spoke no English, yet had entered the country (illegally) 20 years ago. This person had lived more than half her life in this country and spoke no English. Sheesh...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

View Quote

I'm a Dreamer. At least that's what my wife screams at me like an insult when we argue about my work status.
I was laid off the same job for the second time a year ago tomorrow. DOD Contractor. I have had massive trouble finding work. I decided to use my GI BILL and I finished my degree. I also mowed lawns, shot portraits and events for cash, and applied to every job I could find.

Did you know that a degree is as good as a felony when applying for min wage jobs?

After not finding a real job after months of searching, I decided to make my own job!
I inherited an all volunteer (just me!) local breaking news organization. I did the paper work and got permits to make my photography business legitimate.
I did everything I could to try and make some money from the news thing, but I failed. It got to a point where I could no longer pour resources I didn't have into something that didn't pay. I passed that off to a buddy and concentrated on getting a real job again when I graduated college in May. I am still building my photography business because I am a dreamer. I drive a cab on the weekends, I still mow lawns and scrape dog poop, I start part time at McDonald's on Wednesday, but I refuse to accept that I have been reduced to menial labor for the rest of my life.

Dreamers have passion, drive, and turn nothing into something. All these 'Kids" do is turn my something "tax dollars" into nothing (by doing nothing).
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Criminals 2.0
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

View Quote
Ahem... they're illegal aliens, not immigrants.  "Immigrant" implies an adherence to the entrance laws of the nation they travel to.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I like to call them schemers, scheming to destroy the U.S. Fuck them, send them back!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

View Quote

How about you stop incorrectly calling them "illegal immigrants?"  An "Immigrant" is an alien granted the privilege of residing permanently in the US (the so-called "green Card" holders). The only "illegal immigrants" would be those aliens who were issued forms I-551 Permanent Resident cards (so-called green cards) and have since been convicted of either an Aggravated Felony or certain designated felonies under the I&NA which would render them deportable (or "illegal") under the I&NA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Its a shitty situation for them but they'll get no sympathy from me. Their parents willingly took a chance in bringing them here illegally as children. They knew if they were found out they might be sent back but hoped they would be allowed to stay.  Now that it looks they might actually have to go back they want to blame everyone else for their problem.  If they want to blame someone they should start with mom and dad for putting them in this position.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Look up the original intent of the 14th amendment, and what about all those seeking the lawful entry... So they are waiting in the back of the bus while illegals suck my pay check empty...
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#36]
What's wrong with referring to them as "dreamers"? I call them dreamers...because if they think they're a US citizen by coming here illegally - they're DREAMING!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of them are felons if their only violation is entering the US illegally. That said, them turning 18 has nothing to do with this violation. They should be removed back to whatever country they illegally came from and that should have occurred as soon as their presence was discovered. Date of birth or age is irrelevant.

8USC1325
Improper entry by alien
(a)  Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts  

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

(b)  Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—
(1)   at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or

(2)   twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.

Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#38]
You are all RACIST NAZIS for not wanting to help the illegal aliens!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
so, emotions....

and yes, they ARE a problem with immigration, and immigration law or there would be no discussion or controversy. To claim otherwise is disingenuous at best.

I'm not saying to deport them, but they don't get a free pass either.

they should not be recipients of benefits normally due citizens. I'd feel a lot different if the labor participation rate was sky high, cost of tuition was low, and the borders were secure.
Right now, they're competing with citizens and people here legally, on an even plane. Sorry, but they actually should have a slight handicap. if the choice is between giving a citizen a scholarship or a so-called dreamer, the citizen should get the preference.
for example, let's say Yale has 100 scholarships available. Citizens should have the first shot, with any unfilled being made available to Aliens with whatever we call the status of the "Dreamers"

I get the whole "sins of the fathers", etc. But I really believe there should be real consequences.

Their children will be U.S. citizens, simply by virtue of being born here (or because they will marry citizens).
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Nightmares
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
all while waving a Mexican flag.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#42]
No such thing as an illegal immigrant. There is an "intended immigrant", but no such thing as an "illegal immigrant"..

They are without legal status, ie an Illegal Alien.

Stop allowing the left to control language, OP
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They are not Dreamers.

They are illegal immigrants aliens.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Build the wall. 
Deport them all. 

That is -my- dream. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Not "dreamers"

New name: MOOCHERS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FPNI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
FPNI

Quoted:
This.

I guess if their parents robbed a bank and gave them the money, parents get locked up but the kids can still keep the cash
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#47]
So if i rob a bank and get caught, my kids get to keep the money?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol...beat me by that much
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#49]
They can call them what they want, but the reality is they are here illegally.

I can understand the emotion tied to them due to being here through no fault of their own, but to do this right we have to start somewhere.

They have to go.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

so, emotions....

and yes, they ARE a problem with immigration, and immigration law or there would be no discussion or controversy. To claim otherwise is disingenuous at best.

I'm not saying to deport them, but they don't get a free pass either.

they should not be recipients of benefits normally due citizens. I'd feel a lot different if the labor participation rate was sky high, cost of tuition was low, and the borders were secure.
Right now, they're competing with citizens and people here legally, on an even plane. Sorry, but they actually should have a slight handicap. if the choice is between giving a citizen a scholarship or a so-called dreamer, the citizen should get the preference.
for example, let's say Yale has 100 scholarships available. Citizens should have the first shot, with any unfilled being made available to Aliens with whatever we call the status of the "Dreamers"

I get the whole "sins of the fathers", etc. But I really believe there should be real consequences.

Their children will be U.S. citizens, simply by virtue of being born here (or because they will marry citizens).
View Quote
You can just boil it down to "emotions" if you want to, I've stated that my opinion is not in line with the letter of the law..  I just don't think making an example of these people before other classes of illegal aliens is good for America.  Frankly it's just going after low-hanging fruit and calling it 'taking action'.  

And does anyone really think Trump is going to let the Elian Gonzalez situation play out x1000 in the era of YouTube and Twitter?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top