User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of you guys trophy hunt?
View Quote
Depends entirely on your particular definition of "trophy hunting".
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How could poaching be illegal?  They're just eggs!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
They need to get a visit with Rutger Hauer and Gary Busey 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The majority, the overwhelming majority, of poachers aren't hunting for survival.

Fuck poachers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Lot of commies and fascists posting here, who are you or the government to tell me when, where and what I can hunt. Too much government! Sad!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Good bust.  In before the ARFCOM gentry who will proclaim that poaching is a victimless crime and that the cops have better things to do than catch poachers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But don't fucking tell me I can't shoot a half a dozen deer a year to feed my family when those deer are eating my hay and corn.
View Quote
Nobody gives a shit about someone shooting a deer out of season on their own land, unless a) someone is popping off a 30-06 in the suburbs or b) their gut-shot deer finally keels over in someone else's front yard.

In the rural US you could shoot a deer a day on your own land and nobody would care.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nobody gives a shit about someone shooting a deer out of season on their own land, unless a) someone is popping off a 30-06 in the suburbs or b) their gut-shot deer finally keels over in someone else's front yard.

In the rural US you could shoot a deer a day on your own land and nobody would care.
View Quote
Except for the State and Federal Fish and Game officials. And the poaching nazis.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The reports, which for one suspect alone totaled 223 pages, reveal the extent of the poaching activities that occurred in Southwest Washington and Northwest Oregon dating back to 2015.
View Quote
Screen name?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lot of commies and fascists posting here, who are you or the government to tell me when, where and what I can hunt. Too much government! Sad!
View Quote
What the flying fuck are you going on about?

If everyone felt as psychotic as you about it I can imagine all the wild game in your area would be eradicated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
If its being done to put meat on your table I have no issues with it.  When it's being done for sport or for $$$ I think it's very wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Except for the State and Federal Fish and Game officials. And the poaching nazis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

99% of the time, if you call DNR and say "hey, I heard farmer Bob fire a shot in his hayfield, I think he just poached a deer" they are going to hang up on you.  The other 1% of the time they will say "if you have a criminal complaint, call the police".   I suppose if you're a poaching nazi and you spend your time doing video surveillance on farmer Bob from your own property, you can watch Bob shoot deer and then wave his free nuisance tags at you.

Maybe Bob didn't bother to get his free nuisance tags, or his local Game Warden thinks a deer is second cousin to a Bald Eagle. He's going to roll up Bob because you heard a shot?  He cuffs and stuffs Bob and bundles him into court, where if the rural-friendly Judge doesn't cuss out the Game Warden and kick him out of the courthouse (yes, it happens) you invariably get the one guy in 12 who doesn't have an issue with shooting a deer in March to feed your kids.  It's just not worth their effort.   If you're the DNR, you put a deer decoy on the side of the road and catch spotlighters, or hang out at the state park entrance and check the truck beds of people driving out of the park at 3am.  Those are easy cases to make.

As far as the poaching Nazis, don't shoot a deer right in front of them when they are videoing you, and for God's sake don't pull into their driveway and shoot the deer eating daylilies in their front yard.

There are two kinds of people who get busted for poaching:  Greedy people and stupid people.  I have no sympathy for either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Poaching for survival I've no problem with.  Poaching for trophy, or profit, nail them to the fucking wall.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Poaching for survival I've no problem with.  Poaching for trophy, or profit, nail them to the fucking wall.
View Quote
And that's what was going on. They weren't hunting for meat.

They were running hounds...if you have the money to maintain a pack of hounds, you ain't starving.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Hang 'em
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#17]
They sure were busy - hit them hard.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Upon reading the thread title I assumed Washington DC, and wondered what they were poaching.

Then I figured out what it might be.

Then I realized that it was Washington State.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm glad they finely busted their ass's, to bad it took so long but I have to say that's standard procedure for anything goverment in Washington. We have some asshats that have property near ours,  it there is USFS land in between, anyway they poach for their friends and families because they can, and they think they own everything around them. Fuckers accused a friend of mine hunting on our property (well marked) of shooting their buck on their property, even called fish and wildlife, they came we showed them where it was shot, and said this isn't the first time they've been called for the same thing now I've gone in and marked everything even better, and wrote the GPS coordinates on the markers stating that if their moved we know where they go, since they were accessing our property all the time on 4 wheelers we fenced it all where they could access it from USFS property, and finely our old entry points were mounded up, with deep pits on the other side. Went to look at it a few months back and saw all had either ATV or trick marks on the bottom of them, and you could see where they had to be towed out, guess no trespassing means, NO TRESPASSING. I've installed cameras inside and have yet to see them since we fenced and booby trapped the old entrances. I know their still poaching but at least it's not on our property where there are quite allot of deer now, we have actually stopped all hunting on our land and feed the deer since the wild fire came through on 2014 and destroyed the natural habitat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:50:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
These guys were obviously doing it for commercial purposes and they should go to jail for a long time. I have no problem with people who poach who do so for personal consumption, especially on private land.

The clear animal rights propaganda of the article is complete bullshit.
View Quote
This here.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck poachers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nobody in the United States has to poach for survival.    Anyone that fucking poor is getting a few hundred bucks a month in SNAP or whatever, their kids are getting free breakfast and lunch at school, etc.  

I (hell, most people, even most DNR) don't have an issue with a private landowner killing game animals for consumption year round, as long as the consumer isn't being stupid about it.  But let's not pretend a poached deer is the only thing standing between Billy Bob's family and starvation.  Billy Bob is poaching deer because he wants to, not because he needs to.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The lack of detail, and the tone of that article, makes me really suspicious of what they actually did.  I despise real/actual poachers, but I have a bit of an uneasy feeling over this case.  
View Quote
uh oh, anti hunters located on tbk1s radar!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In many cases, the dogs, owned by Eddy and Joseph Dills, were allowed to tear at the flesh of poached animals as they were dead or dying.

The horror!
View Quote
Yeah...no shit...

men have been hunting with dogs for millenia.

That's what dogs do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nobody in the United States has to poach for survival.    Anyone that fucking poor is getting a few hundred bucks a month in SNAP or whatever, their kids are getting free breakfast and lunch at school, etc.  

I (hell, most people, even most DNR) don't have an issue with a private landowner killing game animals for consumption year round, as long as the consumer isn't being stupid about it.  But let's not pretend a poached deer is the only thing standing between Billy Bob's family and starvation.  Billy Bob is poaching deer because he wants to, not because he needs to.
View Quote
Precisely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#28]
You cant shoot the kings deer without permission of the king!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Precisely.
View Quote
I agree with that but if I'm not precisely politically correct I get attacked for being a liberal pro gubbament nazi scum bag...

I didn't follow the rules all my life, pay all that license money to be legal and have some back water hard ass fuck tell me that shit and then do what he wants. Without natural resource regulation we wouldn't have the animals to hunt we do today.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I should only be forced to follow the laws I agree with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If everyone felt as psychotic as you about it I can imagine all the wild game in your area would be eradicated.
View Quote
In your lifertime, your fathers, you grandfathers, your great grand fathers, your great great grand father lifetime.
Which wild game has been eradicated?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In your lifertime, your fathers, you grandfathers, your great grand fathers, your great great grand father lifetime.
View Quote
Not many thanks to wildlife management...resources, equipment, etc have all gotten much better. Even getting into remote areas is easier. Well maybe Wolf and Elk in WI, grizzly bear in lower 48, etc...guess who reintroduced them?

You can piss off with that history do anything you want shit. In a nice way though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The lack of detail, and the tone of that article, makes me really suspicious of what they actually did.  I despise real/actual poachers, but I have a bit of an uneasy feeling over this case.  
View Quote
There is plenty of detail in The series of Chronicle articles published recently.

These assholes will do time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not many thanks to wildlife management...resources, equipment, etc have all gotten much better. Even getting into remote areas is easier. Well maybe Wolf and Elk in WI, grizzly bear in lower 48, etc...guess who reintroduced them?

You can piss off with that history do anything you want shit. In a nice way though.
View Quote
Only the government can save us from ourselves.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Passenger pigeons are the obvious ones that come to mind.  Many others came close, save for the birth of modern conservation--conceived by, and funded by, hunters/outdoorsmen.
View Quote
Like any government agency  they take everything to the extreme. The power game wardens now have is Un American.

Yes game managment was and is needed but they have been taken over by the leftist government and they need to be reined in.
Until they are, fuck them they are the enemy
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Passenger pigeons are the obvious ones that come to mind.  Many others came close, save for the birth of modern conservation--conceived by, and funded by, hunters/outdoorsmen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Labrador ducks, heath hens, great auks......
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought this might be about some dude dropping the hammer on a few rinos....
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Like any government agency  they take everything to the extreme. The power game wardens now have is Un American.

Yes game managment was and is needed but they have been taken over by the leftist government and they need to be reined in.
Until they are, fuck them they are the enemy
View Quote
Who is this "they" shit. Different states have different ways of managing wildlife, not your "leftist gubbament" bullshit.

Just another excuse to do what you want at the expense of other people playing by the rules.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Who is this "they" shit. Different states have different ways of managing wildlife, not your "leftist gubbament" bullshit.

Just another excuse to do what you want at the expense of other people playing by the rules.
View Quote
None of which means shit when the Feds decide to re introduce Wolves as an example. Ask the PEOPLE of Wyoming etc....how much input they had in that decision.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

None of which means shit when the Feds decide to re introduce Wolves as an example. Ask the PEOPLE of Wyoming etc....how much input they had in that decision.
View Quote
I don't care. Start a different thread and we can discuss it.

BTW I imagine it is going the same as in WI.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#44]
If they would only take wolves off the endangered species list in our state...blaaahhh

The Peta freaks keep winning injunctions.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah...no shit...

men have been hunting with dogs for millenia.

That's what dogs do.
View Quote
We probably wouldn't have dogs if it wasn't for that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
A National forest is under the jurisdiction of the Dept of Interior.  Federal government.
The west is pretty much owned by the Feds, brain boy, no offense intended.

That article is full of holes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#47]
The guy in question is apparently a "master hunter" as certified by Washington State.  Poaching in Wa. state is pretty common from what I gather in my time out there. 1 family member shooting and filling tags for everyone in the family is common.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A National forest is under the jurisdiction of the Dept of Interior.  Federal government.
The west is pretty much owned by the Feds, brain boy, no offense intended.

That article is full of holes.
View Quote
Who cares who owns what land is my point. You gonna do what you gonna do regardless....

And what fucking holes are you talking about? Are you seriously sticking up for these dirt bags?

Gotta say I'm not impressed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Looks just like half the kids I went to highschool with.
View Quote
Pretty much.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top