BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cosmetically it's looks the same but the entire innards are new. You know, everyone is just busting down the doors to buy that Samsung gear so you should get in line. The square design is just what Apple decided on to set them apart in the market place, they're not changing it. Customers are vested in bands from gen 1 that can be used on gen 3.

For smart watches, Apple is simply the best in the market and yes I've used the Andriod stuff.  Buy or don't buy, simple as that.
View Quote
I don't know if I agree with that. My sons Gear 3 is pretty dang nice. My series 2 apple watch works but only apples crappy watch faces, no always on screen.
The turn dial works good. If it had integrated with my iphone I probably would have bought me one.

I use my series 2 every day for different things. It's a good companion to you iphone
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Does the gear do similar heart rate / rhythm detection/alerts?
View Quote
I don't own one yet, but I am betting the Gear S4 will be on par with Apple's new updates in v3.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cosmetically it's looks the same but the entire innards are new. You know, everyone is just busting down the doors to buy that Samsung gear so you should get in line. The square design is just what Apple decided on to set them apart in the market place, they're not changing it. Customers are vested in bands from gen 1 that can be used on gen 3.

For smart watches, Apple is simply the best in the market and yes I've used the Andriod stuff.  Buy or don't buy, simple as that.
View Quote
I don't think everybody is busting down the door to get smart watches in general, but cosmetics are pretty important on a wearable tech accessory.  I agree they are probably not going to change it, and I would agree that the Apple watch is the best smart watch for an Apple phone, simply because Apple has it locked down.  However, the Android wearables are further down the road, and quite frankly will most likely steer me back to Samsung unless Apple plays nice with third party smart tech.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Any guesses on what the best case and wireless charger combo is going to be for the 8?

A lot of cases and wireless chargers don't work well together.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
iPhone 10's selling on E-bay for $2,550. Seller sold 2 today and has one 1 left. Crazy stupid people..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-10-X-Unlocked-Pre-Order-10-27-17-Free-S-H-AT-T-T-Mobile-256GB-/332384036751?hash=item4d63a1e78f:g:17UAAOSw4QVZv8jM
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
iPhone 10's selling on E-bay for $2,550. Seller sold 2 today and has one 1 left. Crazy stupid people..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-10-X-Unlocked-Pre-Order-10-27-17-Free-S-H-AT-T-T-Mobile-256GB-/332384036751?hash=item4d63a1e78f:g:17UAAOSw4QVZv8jM
View Quote
Kardashian's be like "I got my iPhone X!!"
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh I have no doubt smart watches are here to stay. I'm just hard on watches. 
I've tested all the versions of the Apple Watch, including the series 3. It's just as a personal item, not sure it's one for me. The LTE changes things a bit but in the end, I've always got my phone with me
View Quote
I'm very hard on my Apple Watch and was surprised to see it last as long as it did before the screen popped off. I purchased the original series 0 and wear it daily to track my fitness. It's always on me when I train at the Muay Thai gym as it goes through the grueling work out and impacts 3 times a week. I was surprised the watch lasted almost 2 years.

Anyways, when the screen popped off, I was going to glue it back since it still worked and noticed that it would not snap back on the case. Found that the battery swelled enough to cause screen to pop off. I took it to Apple and within 3 days, they shipped me a new Series 1 for free.

Hopefully I can get another 2 years out of this one. If the battery did not swell on my original, it would have still going through the abuse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kardashian's be like "I got my iPhone X!!"
View Quote
One guy bought 2. That's $5k for two phones.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm very hard on my Apple Watch and was surprised to see it last as long as it did before the screen popped off. I purchased the original series 0 and wear it daily to track my fitness. It's always on me when I train at the Muay Thai gym as it goes through the grueling work out and impacts 3 times a week. I was surprised the watch lasted almost 2 years.

Anyways, when the screen popped off, I was going to glue it back since it still worked and noticed that it would not snap back on the case. Found that the battery swelled enough to cause screen to pop off. I took it to Apple and within 3 days, they shipped me a new Series 1 for free.

Hopefully I can get another 2 years out of this one. If the battery did not swell on my original, it would have still going through the abuse.
View Quote
Well, that's just swell!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you guys favor the Plus model over the regular model?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Phones vs. phablets imho.

I love my 6s+ and doubt I'd go back to a smaller phone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reg phone.

I'm not a phablet guy, I keep my phone on me unless I'm asleep and can't imagine putting one of those in my pocket all day.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sidebar here.  @variant2 how long have you been training?  Biggest regret since having kids is no time to train any more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I have no doubt smart watches are here to stay. I'm just hard on watches. 
I've tested all the versions of the Apple Watch, including the series 3. It's just as a personal item, not sure it's one for me. The LTE changes things a bit but in the end, I've always got my phone with me

Sidebar here.  @variant2 how long have you been training?  Biggest regret since having kids is no time to train any more.
Been training various martial arts for the past 11 years after my 2nd kid was born. There's always time to hit the gym for an hour. Luckily, the Muay Thai gym is less than a mile away and they have classes multiple times a day throughout the week. Look around, find a good place to train and make the time for it -- once you get back in the training mindset, you'll regret that you did not do it sooner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Had the 6 Plus. Have the 7 Plus.

Pocket carry all day long.

No ragrets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought we got new emojis. I don’t see them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, wish they made a 6”. A True 6” not the X’s silly tall but thin with a cutout out top design
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread has been instrumental in my decision to not buy an iPhone.

I'm leaning heavily toward the LG V30.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread has been instrumental in my decision to not buy an iPhone.

I'm leaning heavily toward the LG V30.
View Quote
Which virus scanner will you install?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Apple screwed itself with the release of the iPhone 8.

Today at the release at the Apple store in Pasadena,Ca there was only one person standing in line to get an 8. Usually there are 100's of people standing inline to get the latest iPhone release. Today no so much. Everyone's either passing all together or waiting on the X.

Local News Story with Video
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Today at the release at the Apple store in Pasadena,Ca there was only one person standing in line to get an 8. Usually there are 100's of people standing inline to get the latest iPhone release. Today no so much. Everyone's either passing all together or waiting on the X.

View Quote
Yeah I think anyone who wants an 8 can just go buy one.
Apple should've just released the new model design instead of wasting time with the 8. Next year I bet that form factor goes away and they'll release two phones with the 10 form factor.
They had already got 3 releases off the 6 design time to move on.

Only reason I have a 8 Plus is because work bought it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
B/C it's the same fucking design, yet lets change a few little things to make you have to buy a new case and get your $800 out of your wallet.  My money is both people waiting on the X, and the 6S/Plus on up are perfectly capable of running iOS 11 with no issues.  Unless you have battery degradation, really no need to update your daily hardware.  And phones have just gotten retarded expensive the last few years.  They have almost doubled in price in the last 3.5 years.  Yet wages have not followed that same trend.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#26]
If Apple would have used the X as the 8 release it would have been a better release.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If Apple would have used the X as the 8 release it would have been a better release.
View Quote
Agreed, do the X as the 8, offer a super ceramic version as a cash grab, call it the Steve Jobs edition as rumored, require buyers to show proof of iPhone OG ownership , then come out with an updated SE.  That would have wowed fans everywhere.  

ETA: Or just offer same screen size as 7 and 7 plus but with X form factor.  End of story.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Releasing the x a month after murdered the 8.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I think we have the answer to if people are going to buy a $1000 phone and the answer seems to be a loud YES. Didn't see any articles about people camping out for the 8
Said people would buy it when they can just pay $40-50 a month more it would be a no brainer. If people had to pay $1000 out of pocket then it would be questionable

This is the last year for the 6/7/8 design no way Apple releases that design next year along with the 10 design. I think Apple just wanted to clear out some parts inventory.

Apple should have delayed the 8 and released it at the same time as the 10
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Did they say that?  Or have the rejected the latest iPhone release?  I said in the other thread that sales will be down.

I don't think iPhone 8/8+/X sales will be more than 80-90% the sales volume of 7/7+.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we have the answer to if people are going to buy a $1000 phone and the answer seems to be a loud YES.
Did they say that?  Or have the rejected the latest iPhone release?  I said in the other thread that sales will be down.

I don't think iPhone 8/8+/X sales will be more than 80-90% the sales volume of 7/7+.
I think Dapzel is mostly correct.

The die hard types that camp out to get the newest and best on day 1 will go straight for the X.

It’s also worth mentioning that you can remotely  pre-order phones from your carrier and have it dropped on your doorstep on day 1. That’s what I did, and I’m posting this from an iPhone 8.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the X or subsequent model doesn’t support Touch ID, I know what I’m getting next year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#35]
The 8 is the new SE.  A great phone for the masses.  The X is the status phone people will clamber for.  

They totally knew the 8 would be quite.  People will go in for the X and opt for the 8 when they the sticker shock.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any guesses on what the best case and wireless charger combo is going to be for the 8?

View Quote
i just picked up my 8 today.  verizon has the samsung wireless base.  i have a otterbox defender on it.  it worked just fine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Did they say that?  Or have they rejected the latest iPhone release?  I said in the other thread that sales will be down.

View Quote
I think initial sales of the X will great. It's a new design, shiny and sparkle.
I still feel Apple should have just nixed the idea of the 8 and spent those resource on making the X
My job bought my 8Plus on preorder day, ordered it around 10am and it shipped for a day1 release.
It's sitting on my night stand now still in the box. I haven't bothered to open it.

I also think we are pretty much at a ok folks that's it as far as where we can go with phones. Apple of course will stretch it out. They'll eventually do an always on screen or some other function that's been around for a few years and call it revolutionary
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#38]
So for those of you on the fence about the X which one is going to be the better pick, the Samsung S8 or X?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So for those of you on the fence about the X which one is going to be better the pick, the Samsung S8 or X?
View Quote
I went with the s8 
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i just picked up my 8 today.  verizon has the samsung wireless base.  i have a otterbox defender on it.  it worked just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah...

Just to update those who may be asking that same question, I put my 8 in a UAG Plasma case, and that works well with the TYLT VU charger.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm still on the fence.  My 6 is 3 years old and has issues sometimes.  I fixed the battery issue by replacing it myself.

I want the X for the largest screen without the largest form factor (don't care for the phablet phones).
I want the 8 for the better value (same CPU/GPU) and Touch ID.  I have zero interest in the less functional Face ID and think it is a stupid direction to go in.

Touch ID makes a phone (tool) easier to use, while increasing security.  Face ID is for people who have the phone as a toy, not a tool.  I use mine for work, as a phone, and occasionally as a GPS or browser.  I don't live on FB/snapchat/instagram/twitter/whatever-the-fuck mindless app the reality TV crowd obsess over today.
View Quote
This is why I went with the 8. Upgraded from 5s yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I upgraded my 6+ to an used 7, and suddenly eBay is flooded with cheaper used and NIB 7
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#46]
iPhone 8 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Speed Test!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the primary reason the lines for an 8 are short is because everybody knows that there's no shortage of them.  All the retailers
have plenty of stock and more in the warehouse.   So,  no reason to panic buy and get in a fight over one of the three that are allocated
to the store.     Logistically speaking this has been Apple's best product launch to date.

I don't think we'll ever see a craze for another smartphone like we've seen with some past launches.  The smartphone is now a decade old,
there's just not much potential for mania to be stirred up over another rendition of the same old song.

All the launch of the 8 and 10 really mean to me is that I have to wait a while before the aftermarket parts supply chain for these models
is well developed so I can start fixing them and making money off them.    Because smartphone repair is my income.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think the primary reason the lines for an 8 are short is because everybody knows that there's no shortage of them.  All the retailers
have plenty of stock and more in the warehouse.   So,  no reason to panic buy and get in a fight over one of the three that are allocated
to the store.     Logistically speaking this has been Apple's best product launch to date.

I don't think we'll ever see a craze for another smartphone like we've seen with some past launches.  The smartphone is now a decade old,
there's just not much potential for mania to be stirred up over another rendition of the same old song.

All the launch of the 8 and 10 really mean to me is that I have to wait a while before the aftermarket parts supply chain for these models
is well developed so I can start fixing them and making money off them.    Because smartphone repair is my income.
View Quote
I went to Sprint Saturday afternoon with the intention on buying a 7+, walked out with the 8+. I figured just being available Saturday it would be like when the 6 came out and you'd have to order it and wait a month. But when they said they had them in stock I couldn't say no.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Apple forced to issue update to iOS 11 after just a WEEK as users complain of bugs from fast-draining batteries and app
crashes to random shutdowns

Since the new operating system first rolled out, unhappy users have made one thing clear – iOS 11 is a battery life killer.But, that isn’t the only problem.Others have reported that the system is generally glitchy, giving rise to problems with Apple Pay, TouchID, and iMessage.Some users have also reported a bug where their phone network is shown in Chinese characters - even if it's a UK or US network.In response to the complaints, Apple has already put out a quick fix, issuing iOS 11.0.1 today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4922738/Apple-forced-issue-update-iOS-11-just-WEEK.html#ixzz4tpxCy2mh
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Haven’t had a single issue with my 8 Plus so far.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top