Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 5:22:41 AM EDT
Can someone please post a closeup photo of an EA Co lower, I ran across a rifle last weekend at a gunshow & the markings on the lower looked out of place, I would like to have something to compare it against before I purchase.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#1]
This is an EA M16 converted by Bushmaster in the late 1980's.  The receiver markings should be the same as any other EA semi, except for the additional marking with Bushmasters name & address (top of the mag well, you'll see "BFI" and two lines under it, then another 3 lines of engraving which are tyhe model & serial numbers).

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/027/MS/uZ/wy/v410836.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I purchased my EA lower AR from Quality Parts/Bushmaster in the mid to late 80's.  There are no Bushmaster markings at all.  I've heard that the castings were made by Ruger for EA.  High quality, and no problems.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
faris - tha only reason that Bushmaster marked that lower is because they did the full auto conversion.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased my EA lower AR from Quality Parts/Bushmaster in the mid to late 80's. There are no Bushmaster markings at all. I've heard that the castings were made by Ruger for EA. High quality, and no problems.
View Quote

If you just bought a semi auto lower, there'd be no reason for BM to put their marking on it.  The one in the picture in a semi auto EA lower which was later registered and converted to full auto by BM.  Thus, BM had to engrave their name and address somewhere on the lower because they were the manufacturer who converted it.  The EA markings still apprear as it was originally a semiauto, but by law, BM had to add their name and info on the receiver when they converted it.  Other than the addition of the BM info, (and the extra selector stop) it should be the same as any EA lower.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#5]
And its looks purple.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can someone please post a closeup photo of an EA Co lower, I ran across a rifle last weekend at a gunshow & the markings on the lower looked out of place, I would like to have something to compare it against before I purchase.  
View Quote

The lower is made by Essential Arms - Krotz Springs, LA.  They are no longer in business at least under that name.

I have used these lowers in the past and I think they are among some of the best around.  I still have a pre-ban CAR that I built years ago and it is still going strong.

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top