Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 56
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol, "I have hospital administration on the way."  Like hospital administration gives a flying fuck about their employees.
View Quote
You need a better employer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stop resisting!

TC

P.S.--Who gets in trouble if the Nurse relents and draws blood? The Nurse. Cop has no exposure.
View Quote
LOL ... is that a serious question? When do the cops ever get in trouble for shit like this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
What a faggot.

And isn't it SOP for anyone with a CDL to be drug/alcohol tested after a crash anyways?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Which truck is which?  Writer of article sucks ass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
He makes a lot of money to be that stupid.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What a faggot.

And isn't it SOP for anyone with a CDL to be drug/alcohol tested after a crash anyways?
View Quote
Police dont enforce that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The cop has shown he will violate the rights of a dying man. He should be fired. Every lawyer in court facing this cop should play this video.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Full 20-minute video and a much longer article here.

It sounds like this guy is a Class A Douchebag:

Porter said what is just as disturbing are comments caught on Payne's body camera video while he was talking to another officer. Payne can be heard talking about his other job as an ambulance driver, and how Wubbels' arrest might affect that.

"I’ll bring 'em all the transients and take the good patients elsewhere," he is heard saying about the hospital.

"Even if he’s joking, this is not funny," Porter said. "I mean, there are so many things wrong with that statement I can’t even begin.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the nurse correct?
View Quote
Yup, shes following the protocol as per the Medical Director.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am confused, the person they were trying to draw blood from was the semi driver that was not at fault?
View Quote
You seem to be far less confused than the cop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cop needs to get fucked for this.
View Quote
Yep. Toss the cop in jail if that is the law.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the cop a former paramedic. That explains the nurse rage.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#15]
A lot of times I'll give the benefit of thee doubt to the police, but that asshole is a complete piece of shit. Complete piece of shit. Complete piece of shit.

As soon as he was told he was making a mistake by threatening the nurse, he went into full blown piece of shit. The nurse... he couldn't even make a bad arrest the Dr that had to be somewhere? He had to show how tough and might he was to the nurse? Fuck that cop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Porter said what is just as disturbing are comments caught on Payne's body camera video while he was talking to another officer. Payne can be heard talking about his other job as an ambulance driver, and how Wubbels' arrest might affect that.

"I’ll bring 'em all the transients and take the good patients elsewhere," he is heard saying about the hospital.

"Even if he’s joking, this is not funny," Porter said. "I mean, there are so many things wrong with that statement I can’t even begin.”
I knew it. I knew it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What a faggot.

View Quote
It may be that they have to consent to it to keep their CDL,  but,  at the time,  that wasn't possible, and it isn't legal to just take a sample without consent or an MD order.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
If my baby got smashed by a drunk, I'd be very unhappy that he wasn't nailed for it because the hospital couldn't get a blood draw because he fucked up sooooo bad that he wasn't even conscious until the alcohol was out of his system.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What if his Tox comes back positive as well ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The driver of the Semi?

He did nothing wrong...
What if his Tox comes back positive as well ?
Then the agency gets to try to use that blood test to reduce their financial liability for the lawsuit they know is coming. The only reason they would want it from a victim is so they can try to assasinate his character in court to reduce what damages they have to pay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That all has to do with the crash itself.
View Quote
You asked for a source besides liveleak.  Didn't specify which part of the story did ya?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We gave cops benefit of the doubt.  We would draw (iodine--no alcohol prep!!) or if not we would
Order a tox  screen on our own for our own reasons.
Make sure to mention it in chart so it's discoverable

But Florida law at that time at least allowed wide lattitude
View Quote
You ordered medically unnecessary tests that your patient was billed for?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#23]
KSL.com article

that cop is getting lit up in the comments
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup, douchebag.  No civil lawsuit tho. Surprising.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You asked for a source besides liveleak.  Didn't specify which part of the story did ya?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That all has to do with the crash itself.
The debate in the thread should have spelled it out for you.

Ill know better for next time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If my baby got smashed by a drunk, I'd be very unhappy that he wasn't nailed for it because the hospital couldn't get a blood draw because he fucked up sooooo bad that he wasn't even conscious until the alcohol was out of his system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not what's going on here.

To use your analogy: this situation would be like the cop demanding a blood draw from YOUR CHILD if your child got hit by a drunk driver.

This officer was demanding a blood draw from the victim in the accident.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#28]
They would have pumped a burn pt full of painkillers, and likely sedatives if they intubated. Blood would trip about every test except a few specific ones.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a faggot.

I was thinking more along the lines of the sample already being collected, and the results are just some filed paperwork away.

On top of being retarded for wanting the victim tested in the first place, the damn sample is probably already sitting somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We gave cops benefit of the doubt.  We would draw (iodine--no alcohol prep!!) or if not we would
Order a tox  screen on our own for our own reasons.
Make sure to mention it in chart so it's discoverable

But Florida law at that time at least allowed wide lattitude
Nope--if they were visibly intoxicated or had any altered mental status Tox screen was warranted.  And that was 100 percent of the cases where we did tox
Screens.  I just made sure to make mention of it in the chart so that it wouldn't get missed. Ethanol especially-you can't discharge people
Drunk.  Got to get a level so you can calculate when they will
Be sober
Save your outrage.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Wait a minute, so if you're DUI and in a wreck if you just pretend to be unconscious or unresponsive and go to the hospital they cant force a blood alcohol level test? Is this a winning strategy for beating DUI? Any cops wanna chime in? I definitely thought cops could force a blood draw.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's not what's going on here.

To use your analogy: this situation would be like the cop demanding a blood draw from YOUR CHILD if your child was hit by a drunk driver.
View Quote
Shoot, I read the news story while on a conference call.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Big truck is a large car, bet that driver is a member of OOIDA, who just loves going after LE for this very thing.

Shame on that detective for going on that nurse, she's gonna have a big payday off this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wait a minute, so if you're DUI and in a wreck if you just pretend to be unconscious or unresponsive and go to the hospital they cant force a blood alcohol level test? Is this a winning strategy for beating DUI? Any cops wanna chime in? I definitely thought cops could force a blood draw.
View Quote
If you are u conscious--we will do a tox screen anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
How come it didn't work here?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You watch a different video?

That truck driver had no chance of getting out of the way without damage or getting dead himself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, "I have hospital administration on the way."  Like hospital administration gives a flying fuck about their employees.
I'm self-employed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where was the doctor?
View Quote
Why would that make a difference?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably wouldn't tell
The cops the result. Or
The cop didn't think to ask if they had done one.  Of course, they would have get an order to see med rec
Faster to get their own sample that will have proper chain of custody
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#40]
CDL in Texas is consent to hair blood spit and urine.  So I'm guessing the DPS could just ask for it.  But that's Texas.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only thing I could remotely think of would be if there is some procedure to draw automatically for a CDL holder involved in any accident, BUT if this were the case, the nurse would have known about it and the cop would have gotten his sample....
View Quote
afaik,  collection by fmcsa is relegated to the employer,  as far as cdl is concerned.

idk how that plays out in an accident investigation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Reading comprehension.  You're bad at it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
... Cop is an idiot.
View Quote
And so his boss:

Payne — who contends he wanted the blood sample to protect the victim, not punish him — said he was advised by Lt. James Tracy, the watch commander on duty that night, to arrest Wubbels for interfering with a police investigation if she refused to let him get the sample, according to his report.

Gray is a truck driver when he is not serving as a reserve police officer, according to the Idaho State Journal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did you even read this thread?

The guy in the hospital was the victim
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#45]
If I were in law enforcement I wouldn't make enemies with the local ER, never know when you may need them to stay alive from a gunshot wound.

This cop is a moron.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a supervisor. I took the job to help the nursing staff. Higher admin....no comment.
My people would have called me (or another) and I would have told them to do nothing for the cop until our legal department said to.
We don't really care, but we aren't risking out career to convenience an LEO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wow!  Bad, bad, bad that was.  The cop deserves whatever he gets.  
View Quote
The worst that will happen is he will get a paid vacation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Did you even read this thread?

The guy in the hospital was the victim
View Quote
Yea I did and I read the shitty blob of a story. I was asking based on the events in the 2nd video, it seems like if thats the protocol for getting blood from a patient/suspect then you could beat a DUI wreck by just being 'unconscious'. How would they be able to meet any of the 3 criteria?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If I were in law enforcement I wouldn't make enemies with the local ER, never know when you may need them to stay alive from a gunshot wound.

This cop is a moron.
View Quote
We had great relationship with cops.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was thinking more along the lines of the sample already being collected, and the results are just some filed paperwork away.

On top of being retarded for wanting the victim tested in the first place, the damn sample is probably already sitting somewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a faggot.

I know the local hospitals around here do blood withdraw as a routine eval. In that blood they will test for the BAC level.

We just ask for a dyal subpoena and get the results.  But we don't enforce CDL procedures so I would never go request one for that reason alone.
Page / 56
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top