and you keep the name buddyfucker?

that's nice.
Where the hell did that come from?
Blue falcon = bravo fox = buddy fucker.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I shot it into water eons ago and it did fragment. That was at close range though, so no guarantee once the distance increases and velocity drops.
View Quote
Interesting. I'll see if I can find some.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
and you keep the name buddyfucker?

that's nice.
View Quote
Odd...
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can provide you a box of the Silver Bear.  May have some Brown too.  Think the Projectile is the same.  Only Zinc plated vs lacquered case differs.  Both made by Barnul.
View Quote
Thank you. It may be a while, but I can add it to the lineup. Email me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are steel jacketed. You are unlikely to shoot enough to notice any difference in wear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. I'm surprised at the performance, might have to take a second look at Brown bear. 

Is brown bear like the cheap tula and use steel projectiles that cause barrel wear?
They are steel jacketed. You are unlikely to shoot enough to notice any difference in wear.
You can post this until you're absolutely blue (heh) in the face and the likelihood that it will be understood and used is astonishingly low.

I, personally, blame I think it was LuckyGunner for the stupid belief that Russian Ammo will destroy your barrel when they did the meltdown, shooting 1200 rounds in full auto, and surprise surprise, they shot out a barrel.

What they didn't go into, and should have, is that the laughably low round counts most gun owners put through a specific rifle over their lives it is entirely unlikely to impossible that they'd ever shoot enough to ruin a barrel even if they were using tool steel bullets.

And that doesn't even go into the economic difference between shooting straight Russian and then just replacing a barrel if you're a higher round count shooter, which on an AR is as difficult as building legos. The savings on Ammo lets you buy multiple barrels if you wanted to.

I have been shooting the same upper/barrel I have taken to I'd have to say is fifteen different carbine classes over seven or so years and it isn't shot out. Every one of those classes was shot almost exclusively with Russian Ammo, and every one I shot an average of 1000 rounds in a weekend.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks similar to the wolf 55 gr. SP for the 5.45x39.  I am wondering if the bullet isn't the same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhF91Nq0JYw
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd love to see the 75gr Tula HP and would donate a box if it could happen (though I understand the gel is the pricey stuff)

Steelcase mafia!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Cheap .223 Defense Ammo? TulAmmo 75 gr HP SBR Gel Test
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Works a LOT better than I would have expected.
View Quote
This.

Only thing(s) that keeps me from buying some, it's Russian, fuck them. Also I have had failure some fail to fire with the Russian stuff (primer didn't ignite). Granted it was Tula, but I wouldn't be the least bit supprised if most of the Russian stuff used the same primers or manufactured out of the same plants etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This.

Only thing(s) that keeps me from buying some, it's Russian, and I have had failure to fire with the Russian stuff (primer didn't ignite).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Works a LOT better than I would have expected.
This.

Only thing(s) that keeps me from buying some, it's Russian, and I have had failure to fire with the Russian stuff (primer didn't ignite).
I bet it kills hogs really well, and at that price you can afford to lay down some grazing fire into a sounder without taking out a personal loan from the bank.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Good job
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Brown Bear........cycles fine in my crappy PWS mod 2

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Man, I sure wish they'd make something like this stuff in 300blk for about .30c a round.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Man, I sure wish they'd make something like this stuff in 300blk for about .30c a round.
View Quote
Same here. I talked to Sam at SG Ammo in the hopes that maybe he could bend an ear at Tula, given his success with 8M3, but he advised that it's unlikely. All the tooling and data already existed for 8M3 and the Russians are reluctant to invest in anything new, given how quickly the market can change.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Same here. I talked to Sam at SG Ammo in the hopes that maybe he could bend an ear at Tula, given his success with 8M3, but he advised that it's unlikely. All the tooling and data already existed for 8M3 and the Russians are reluctant to invest in anything new, given how quickly the market can change.
View Quote
That's unfortunate. It would sell big, IMO.

On the bright side, someone mentioned that SG is selling the 123g magtech for around .40c/rnd which is not bad compared to what it has been.
Good stuff, for plinking, but not so sure about HD/SD though being a fmj.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:01:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Great video, Blue Falcon. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Shot a ~125 pound doe a couple years ago with Brown Bear. Just a little background- had left work early to hunt that afternoon, sat out there for a couple hours with my 700 in .243, and saw nothing. Went in (this is on private land around 200 yards from my house), wanted to go back and check my camera, so I grabbed my 16" RRA Middy that had a mag full of 62 grain Brown Bear hollow points. Got to within about 80 yards of my plot, and lo and behold there's a nice doe..I had forgot to chamber a round (!) so I figured, well if she's dumb enough to stand there while I chamber a round, it's her ass!!
She just stood there, facing me. I aimed slightly below the neck, between the front shoulders (deer is facing me straight on) and fired. She dropped instantly and never moved again.
When I skinned the deer out, I found the bullet landed dead between the front shoulders, yawed to the right, and apparently fragmented. Looked like a bomb went off inside the chest cavity, and destroyed the left shoulder. Found a few fragments, nothing very big but then again I didn't bother dissecting the cavity and left shoulder-it was just bloody soup. Some of the worst damage I've ever saw to a deer, and I've cleaned deer shot with a bunch of different calibers.
It's steel case Russian stuff, but at least in this one case, it was damn effective. I have no problem at all using this stuff to hunt.

I actually caught the kill shot on my game camera..but I'm not about to post it on the interwebz as it may or may not have occurred before it was legal to hunt over yellow gold..
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:28:28 AM EDT
[#22]
The more I read about and see videos about .223/5.56 SP rounds, he more it seems like they would serve as maybe the best dual purpose round (HD and hunting).  You can argue Russian vs US, but soft point seems like a good all around option.  Not quite as pricey as the SD rounds either.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks for the post !
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top