Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Grew up shooting with my family and in Boy Scouts. Got into AR's when I joined the Army National Guard where I also met and married Glockgrrrl. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Plead guilty to a DWI in the mid 70's as high schooler.  The judge let me take ROTC in college as part of my plea bargain.  Took two semesters of marksmanship.  [:}D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The U.S. Army.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I got into shooting with Boy Scouts using BB guns and .22 bolt actions, then stopped until I turned 18 and acquired an Ar15 only days before my 19th birthday.  Now, I shoot whenever possible, and turned my GF and her dad onto Ar15s and trap.
The only problem is my GF's semi-constant nagging to go shooting.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been arounds firearms all my life. Dad's motto "We don't need a safe just teach the boy to shoot." Yes folks dad kept the guns in the closet with no locks. Oh and 2 underneath his bed. And no I have not shot at or pointed a gun at anyone. Even accidentally.

I did not enjoy shooting until I was in my late 20's. My dad use to take me to the range a lot and hunting as well. I thought it was a pain in the ass and a chore. I would've rather hung out with my friends. I went through the military and still guns did not float my boat. I did buy an HK91 for my 18th B-day however. Did it just to freak my dad out. He was never into assault weapons. My bro took after him, they both liked the hi powered accurate rifles.

When I got to my late 20's, I started reading gun mags and became interested in rifles again. Was too broke to buy any, much like now. A few years later I found out they were banning all AR's and AW's in Kali so I went out and bought an ASA CAR15 kit. Found this site. The rest is history.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always been facinated by weapons of any kind, especially guns.
my grandmother bought me a bb gun when I was 6 years old and I was aloud to run free with it most of the time. All the males in my family hunt but I wasn't into hunting and I didn't like the taste of game.  
Whe I was 16 I made a firing pin for a old Stevens Junior .22 that was laying around the house.
When I was 20 years old my father asked me if I wanted a .410 or a .22 for Christmas, I said I wanted a .22 but didn't get it because he said, you can't hunt anything with a .22. (I was in the army at the time) typical of my old man. What he meant was HE couldn't hunt what he wanted to hunt with a .22 so I didn't need one.
When I was in the army (71,72,73) I qualified expert with a M-16 and other weapons and shot everything imaginable in the way of crew served weapons and light & heavy arms.
I didn't own a personal gun until I was married, (1974) my first real gun was a Husqvarna .380 Swedish Military pistol and I have bought and traded guns ever since.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top