Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2001 3:36:29 PM EDT
 I guess my biggest dream  for the American Justice  system is to see us get to the point where when we put a law on the books, we have to take one off.

Herr Robert
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You still here????
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummm... are you looking for argument?

Other than the fact that the first laws they would go after would be the ones found on [url]www.dumblaws.com/[/url]???

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually agree with him.  Though I would say for every new law we must remove two.

Guess it is just that anarchist inner child of mine.  (anarchists can be Oprahfied)

But in all truth, our politicians are passing laws most days of the year.  Do we really need more?  Are the majority helping or hurting your daily lives?  We should be the most sensitive to this as gun owners.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
 See chaz, now you get me! I do think there are TONS of laws that need to be repealed. Taken off of the books, whatever. OF COURSE I DO!! I do't think that people should have to be that paranoid about the law, but you mist follow the LAW. That is my point. But Let's make the system WORK so that We can make society better. No taking the law into one's own hands.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Is'nt that partially what the jury system is for?  No one should convict someone of an unjust law.  That is one of the checks on governmental power.  Of course with the majority of the population being dumb as rocks when it comes to the constitution or law I would'nt want to have to rely on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Every state has a group of people that sit around thinking of new laws to come up with. That is all they do, all day long every day. They even get paid for doing this, all day long every day. I think they call them "lawmakers" and they have way too much time on their hands. We need to rid these parasites off the taxpayers backs, I'm thinking. Then we need to purge the lawbooks of all the stupid laws that these idiots made up while they were feeding off the public tax trough.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
CIB nailed it.  The general population is as ignorant and clueless of the laws and Constitution as a retarded rock.

THAT is why we are in the dung heap we're in today, and it's only getting deeper..

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.  Make a 'law' that goes back to remove 'out dated'.  But, being devils advocate here, what happens if some anti uses it in their favor?  They could go repeal some law that gave precidence (sp) to some ruling down the law.

Granted, some laws sound compltely dumb/out of date.  The law like no 'fat women' are allowed to ride a horse was suppose to have been made because people thought it was unsightly.  I've heard that in one state, it's illegal to have sex before marrige (was a religouse state), so people there made it a law way back.  Some people who advocate abstoance would not like the idea of this law being removed.  Don't mean to start a war, but it was just examples.  Another state had one saying oral sex was illegal and a wife had her hubby arested since he had her ...... ya know.

Removing old, outdated laws seems clear cut to some.  But knowing modern day politics and so, people, will end up making it a very complicated issue.  Be ware, it maybe a pandora's box.  My two pennies......opps....gotta go.....
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Machingbird:

I've got to say that is quite a dumb idea.  But it is a free country and so you are free to propose such ideas.  One reason there are more laws now is that life is more complicated than is was say, 25, 50 or 100 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top