Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2001 9:36:38 AM EDT
I own a ss kimber full size target pistol and I own a Glock 21c.  I love both of these pistols.  I only shoot Federal 230 grain hydrashocks.  My pistols seem to love this federal loading.  The Kimber is very accurate and sweet shooting.  The Glock surprised me.  It is very reliable.  I have never had a jam on my Glock.  I once shot a 3 shot group with each of the bullet holes touching each other with an offhand  two handed unrested hold at 25 yards.  I had to check under my shoes if I had stepped in anything.  I think the Glock is the best self-defense pistol for people who do not get to practice to often with their weapon.  The 1911 is a great cmbat firearm but I think it belong in the hands of professionals who practice with their weapons only a regular basis.  Therefore my Glock in the .45 caliber is my primary weapon when I think there will be trouble around my home.  My bushmaster shorty ak carbine is standing by for when the doodoo hits the fan.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup, thats my kind of pistol
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I love my 21 too.  Have'nt shot it much recently (gunsmithing student's budget does'nt leave much for ammo) but that will change soon.  I'm planning on giving it a pretty good makeover to.  New O-ring barrel from CCF, Wilson tritium sights, aluminum trigger, and some action work.

cheers [beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
[b]Yup I like em. Here's my G17 and G19[/b] NOt pictured is my G22

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/009/QG/Ab/pb/zZ55068.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[puke][puke][puke][puke]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I own three Glocks-23,29,30- and I've never had a single problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#8]
yah yah!!

Gotta love Glock and their un-supported chamber!

[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/g-unsupcham.jpg[/img]

Better not let handloads come within ear shot of a Glock, and actually there is a growing number of reported cases that this has happened with factory loads, even the FBI sent a letter.

[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/ga-kb.jpg[/img]
[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/kb1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/afr0xx-4.jpg[/img]

Give me a H&K USP anyday.  :)

[img]http://www.hkpro.com/usp45light.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, frank, you're looking at it wrong! Glocks bring adventure into people's lives! Nothing more exciting than not being sure whether or not your gun's barrel is going to blowup in the middle of a "situation".

HK USP. Glock grown up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I love my Glock 21. I have over $1500 invested in it now. It has a 400 corbon stainless barrel, lasermax laser, 3.5 lb connector, titanium plunger and striker, matchgrade steel trigger with polished trigger arm, chrome slide release and mag release, jentra plug, and an M3 tactical light. I also have a steel guide rod when I'm not using the lasermax. It is fun to shoot, accurate, and I love the extra knock down power of the 400 corbon loads.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the 400 corbon barrel also has a fully supported chamber. A note on the barrel blowing, it was tested and thier were only a few cases of that happening and it was because of people shooting reloaded ammo and not loading them properly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]
How much flash do the ports on the 21C give off at night?  I would think flames shooting up in front of your face would really ruin your night vision.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#13]
LOL Juggernaut,

Like I don't already have a bad enough flinching problem.

Hey NightHawk, how is the .400 Cor-Bon?

I wanted to see if I can get a .400 barrel for my Ruger P97 .45

I know you can get them for H&K's... but my USP .45 is my baby, nothing besides factory parts, high quality ammo and the soft diaper I use to keep it warm at night are all that will ever touch it. :)

Kinda funny... I buy the toughest gun out there and baby it. But I like my stuff built to last, doesn't mean I'll abuse it, just means it will stand up "just in case".

I like Glocks, they're great guns, but they don't find my hand right... just those new ones with the stupid finger grooves fit me all wrong. And they really need to do something about all the KB's due to their un-supported chamber. On GlockTalk they had a .40 brand new out of the box shooting new Federal ammo blow up on the 2nd box. The chamber crack in half like in the pictures above and blew the whole trigger put and burned the shooters finger.

Ouch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the 400 corbon barrel also has a fully supported chamber. A note on the barrel blowing, it was tested and thier were only a few cases of that happening and it was because of people shooting reloaded ammo and not loading them properly.
View Quote

Keep watching Glocktalk, you'll find enough. One with factory ammo is too many, and there's been more than one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Frank The Spank  I love the 400 corbon. It kicks more than the 45 but I still enjoy shooting it. I got my barrel from Lone wolf distributing for my glock but it was a Federal Arms barrel. The number to Federal Arms is (763)780-8780. I called a few weeks ago to buy a 400 corbon barrel for my Springfield Armory Champion but they said it was out of stock and on back order so I guess I'll have to wait on that. But they might have one for your pistol. I paid $89.00 for the barrel in my glock. It was alot better than the 2 and 3 hundred dollars alot of places are asking for barrels and it shoots just as straight. Hope this helps you out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had my Glock .45, model 30, for about a year now. During this time I've followed the "setback" and "KB" threads on Glocktalk.com.

The cases of self detonation that I've read about had the shooter doing something unusual with his ammo. I myself have polished the innards of my G30 to a mirror-like shine but I still use standard S&B .45 FMJ ammo. I am right handed and would like to continue to be so.

Also, my G30 fresh out of the box, outshot my friends Sig. Glocks are cool. Plastic, but cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Frank The Spank,

you'll find that the 9mm Glock models have fully supported chambers.  the cartridge has a tapered case wall so no need for the 6 o'clock position in the chamber to be unsupported.

the .40 is a problematic round.  an answer in search of a question.  overpressured for what it needs to do.  then you have those seeking +P .40 and what do you get??  most people do not understand the job that a defense round needs to accomplish because they haven't done the proper reading.

in the .45 kb's, you'll mostly find handloads and leaded bullets as the primary factors.  a few +P hot loads too, and again i don't think these rounds (sub-230gr +P) are more than an answer in search of a question.

firearms are constantly kb'ing.  they are inherently dangerous and involve controlled explosions in their function.  what you're seeing with all the Glock kb stuff is just people documenting one brand of handgun for its failures.

until you see hard statistics, do not be taken in by the 'oh so scary' pics on the 'net.

scott out
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
If the problem was an unsupported case I would expect the mag and grip area to be damaged but to have the chamber split like that? Not being an expert (real or imaginary) I am not entitled to any more than my opinion but it seems a lot more like a chamber failure. There may be more to this than meets the eye....
And yes, I do own some Glocks, I like the option of choosing the most appropriate caliber for every occasion and similar controls on each.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Frank's pics are back up and i took a look.

yep, check the load.  180gr.  check the data for these loads and then figure what you need to go overpressure in .40 with this.

the unsupported case would blow out at the 6 o'clock position, yes.  the chamber splitting is a prime example of why i do not choose .40 with the high pressure generated.

use your noodles here, folks.  it's either material failure or an extremely overpressured load that could cause this kind of damage.

whichever, this stuff happens all the time with guns.  y'all need to get out more.  [bg]

scott out
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#22]
You mean a KB like this? [img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/m30-kb.jpg[/img]

Yeah .40 is a little hot for it's own good...

But you gotta admit the problem is with Glock itself. All the brass I shot out of a rented Glock had buldges. That is not good.

Lets put it this way.... I've never seen any other gun blow up, but I saw a Glock blow up. I witnessed a Glock KB in person at the local range I go to. His chamber split like in the photos. I have no idea if he was using reloads or not. It wasn't a big KB. Made a weird noise and his chamber split but stayed intact, the trigger was fine and he was ok. he said he saw a bright flash in front of his face, when he looked down, "somethin wasn't right."

This didn't happen in a movie, not on a webpage, it happened next to me.

So... I've seen a Glock KB in person.

And I've seen MANY pages and pictures and stories on the internet about Glocks blowing up.

No Sig's, no HK's.. only Glocks. Oh I very well know it happens to other guns once in awhile, but Glocks have a serious design flaw. IMHO

And it makes me mad... because Glocks are awesome!! I want one!! But the stupid grip on the new frames and all the KB's made me go with H&K, i'm sorta glad I did. I want a Sig next, then another HK... so many guns, so little money eeeh?

Go here for more info: [url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-glock-kb.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#23]
We're transitioning to Glock 22 by July. I'm not too happy about giving up a SIG for a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You mean a KB like this? [img]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/images/m30-kb.jpg[/img]

But you gotta admit the problem is with Glock itself. All the brass I shot out of a rented Glock had buldges. That is not good.

Lets put it this way.... I've never seen any other gun blow up, but I saw a Glock blow up. I witnessed a Glock KB in person at the local range I go to. His chamber split like in the photos. I have no idea if he was using reloads or not. It wasn't a big KB. Made a weird noise and his chamber split but stayed intact, the trigger was fine and he was ok. he said he saw a bright flash in front of his face, when he looked down, "somethin wasn't right."

And I've seen MANY pages and pictures and stories on the internet about Glocks blowing up.

No Sig's, no HK's.. only Glocks. Oh I very well know it happens to other guns once in awhile, but Glocks have a serious design flaw. IMHO

And it makes me mad... because Glocks are awesome!! I want one!! But the stupid grip on the new frames and all the KB's made me go with H&K, i'm sorta glad I did. I want a Sig next, then another HK... so many guns, so little money eeeh?

Go here for more info: [url]http://communities.prodigy.net/sportsrec/gz-glock-kb.html[/url]
View Quote

Dummy had the bullets in backwards.  [8D]

I shoot factory reloads all the time.  My 92FS blew up but the Glock has been great.  My impression was the Glock 40's were the only problem.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock & load is the way to go!

G21 - Rock & Roll with 13 rnds.

Re-loads have gone through it without any problems!

same with G27 and G23.

Why prefer one type..Why not enjoy Glocks, Sigs, HKs, Walters, 1911's (Para's, Kimbers,etc)

So.. Glock and Rock!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta Love that Glock  Ditto!
Now where is my Glock carbine in .40 S & W, so I can get rid of this Ruger PC-4, and use my HiCaps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a G17 w/Hi-Caps and it is a good weapon. You can reasonably expect 3" groups with this weapon at 25 yards. Actually we have the VERY FIRST 18 G17s consecutively serial numbered--and these are used by our SWAT team. But 9mm is not my round of rounds.

My first choice though would be a H&K USP45, followed by a Sig P-220 (SS when it come available) and then sort of 1911--there is a bunch of different ones in this catagory.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#28]
..  and how about that full auto 9mm fully automatic Glock pistol!

Sorry guys!  It's friday .. I am having fun on Ar15 via my newly aquired Wireless Cable Modem access from anywhere in my house !  ... I was limited to 26.4K modem connection .. but now, I am flying in speed...

Please enjoy tonight with a few brews and be happy on Ar15.com!

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey thats my watch next to the USP 45!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#30]
FrankTS,

i think .40 is too hot for its own good, as is evidenced by the 40cal models blowing out all over the place.

statistically, i can't (and neither can anyone except probably Glock) say that it is significant.

the number of .40 Glocks out there in the hands of LEO's and gun owners is staggering.  .40 is a wildly popular caliber.

i will go so far as to say that the # of .40 Glocks dwarfs the number of any other make of .40 handgun in this country.

all of these factors make speculation about design defect just that - speculation.

seeing a kb and looking at documented kb's on the 'net is simply anecdotal evidence.  there is no statistical significance without the data to make the analysis.

i know, bla bla bla, but really, for all the scary pics and stories about kb's, how many satisfied Glockers with their trouble free guns are there on the 'net??

it's just staggering.  Glock on!!

scott out

Quoted:
You mean a KB like this?
SNIP

Lets put it this way.... I've never seen any other gun blow up, but I saw a Glock blow up. I witnessed a Glock KB in person at the local range I go to.
SNIP

SNIP
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top