Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2001 8:35:22 AM EDT
If you anticipate good service, communications and ordered items from [b]AR_parts[/b], aka MCM Munitions, Blackburg, VA 34604, [b]BEWARE[/b]! I refer you to the following post that triggered this rant www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm?id=6311 . I ordered two lower parts kits and sent a money order for the final quoted total price. To make a long story short, after two emails and an unreturned phone call, my money order was returned (thankfully) yesterday with no explanation as to why I did not receive the ordered items. The only response from my inquiries was that ‘he/she/they’ was/were out of town for a month and the order would be shipped within a week. The kits were to complete ARs for a college graduation present for my daughter and a birthday gift for a VN vet I met through my best friend. So to [b]AR15_parts[/b], may your Suite #500-340 on 125 North Main Street be cursed with the spirits of rolling blackouts, broken plumbing, rent increases and IRS visits! I don’t know if you are a wannabe true business or just a part/small time ’let’s vacuum the garage floor and package some kits’ outfit, but if I can have any impact on your future, count on me! For those that may question the validity of my story, I can provide the emails I sent and received. Alas, as for the unreturned phone call, all I can say is try it for yourself. I got a recording. Hopefully you won’t.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:44:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:59:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/4/2001 8:59:40 AM EDT by AFARR]
Rent Increases, maybe. IRS Visits unlikely. Broken Plumbing and Rolling Blackouts--not really. Kind of hard to do to a Mailboxes, Etc. address. I understand that the owner (I e-mailed him a while back--year or two about some uppers--told him that since my Parents live there, I would be visiting in a few months, and wanted to see what uppers he had. Turns out he only orders from his distributor when he gets a customer's order) is actually a student, got a job out of the area, and had to start immediately. So he wound up having to leave the business cold. I don't know about the status of any old orders, new orders, etc. Good luck to all who are having problems. AFARR
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:38:59 AM EDT
GS, I've heavily relied on the brother/sisterhood here on AR15.com. That's why I posted what I did. I've seen other 'heads up' and appreciate others relating their issues. Had AR_parts just posted on this board where they advertised that there were issues, I would have not ranted as I did. To be told an order will be shipped and then nothing... max PO'd. Thanks for the Bower's link. I daily go to the non-NFA board and have found some terrific values. AFARR, It's not the actual curse that counts. I'm just hoping that the 'spirit' of my disappointment gets through. I also hope that others that have dealt with them are having no problems.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:47:45 AM EDT
Thanks for the heads up......
Top Top