Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/4/2001 7:28:32 AM EDT
The best damn beer to me is Heinekin beer which is imported  from Amsterdamn Holland.  Those lucky guys in Amsterdamn got the babes and the beer.  I drink a couple every night.  This beer goes especially well with aku poke and ahi poke.  Most of you are probably unfamiliar with this delicacy.  Aku and ahi poke is small little one inch square pieces of raw fish combined with finely chopped limu(seaweed) and some Hawaiian salt some other secret seasonings.  Mix it up and chill it.  MMMMM delicious.  Tako poke is also excellent.  Tako poke is made with steamed octopuss.  These are just some of the many tasty treats we have here in the islands of the State of Hawaii.  What kind of beer do you all like and what kind of snacks do you like to go with it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Guinness! It goes with anything!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Best beer? Whatever the hell I've got in my hand at the moment!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Dos Equis Green is my favorite beer. It's funny because their is a quite a different taste between the XX they serve in the US and the XX they serve in Rocky Point Mexico. Both are great. For Sushi, you have to drink either Kirin or Asahi beer. Grolsch and Heinekin are good as is any beer form Canada. Tney stopped importing my favorite Canadian beer about 10 years ago. It was called Grizzly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh damn, Bass ale, Grolsch, Heineken is a low as I go. Used to bartend in a sushi bar on Melrose, and Asahi is good!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Anchor Steam (san fran)
Alaskan Amber (Washington)
Sierra Nevada pale ale (dont remember where from)

In general, micro brews:  ambers, pale ales, etc.. I like the Oregon / Washington varieties.

I'm from Atlanta, Red Brick Ale is a local micro here.

I'll drink Bud and miller (basically anything for that matter) but they taste like cow *iss.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Guinness draught is one of my favorites.  I also love Tecate for Mexican beers.  Coors Light is what I commonly drink on a daily basis though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Ah, sushi deserves to be eaten with Sake, which is actually more of a beer than anything else...

My personal favorite beer is Morland's Tanner's Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is nasty.  Guinness taste like soy sauce.  Coors Light is for losers.  Killians Irish Red and Sapporo are the best beers.

edited because I forgot that Mississippi Mud Black and Tan is damn good too.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Belgian beers are the best.......any of the belgian abby beers........if your beer isn't blessed by monks as its being brewed it just doen't make the grade. [:)]
Other than that my own pale ales are the best,
not that I'm predudiced or anything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Heine! after a hard days shooting WOW! hits da spot!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anchor Steam (san fran)
Alaskan Amber (Washington)
View Quote

I only wish Alaskan Amber was from Washington, so we could disown it.  I hate that crap.  Waaaayyyyyy too malty.  I know that's the style of amber beers, but I hate those rich malty beers with barely any hops in them.

Heineken's good, but you should try it fresh in Holland.  None of the bitter and skunky taste that I associate with Heineken.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the input.  Just a short note; Aku and Ahi poke is local hawaiian recipe that is not at all cosidered sushi here in the Hawaiian islands.  It's a hundred times better than sushi.  Although it does have some of the same ingredients as some of the sushi dishes, you won't be able to get this aku poke in your local sushi bar.  You need to come to Hawaii and try it out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#14]
 Lowenbreau Dark !!!
 Wish I had one right now .

Don't be afraid of the dark .
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry, but you boys have got it all wrong.  Free beer is the besr beer.  If Ive gotta buy for me, then I go with Shiner Bock.  It is the absolute best, followed by Shiner Blonde.  Dos Equis Green is pretty damn good.  I dont particularly care for Heineken.  I do like most of the German beers though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Blue Moon, Amber Bock or Killian's... in fact, it's hot out, just got finished mowing the grass, getting ready to wash the car.. might be time for a cold one!  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Guinness draught, definately !!  And ShazBat, you're absolutely right, sushi deserves to be eaten with some Sake, and maybe a bottle of Kirin beer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#19]
If you think Heineken is the best, there must be some pakalolo in your poke, bruh! [:D]

Anyway, you're making me hungry. I'd love to fly out right now! Only thing Hawaiaan I can get around here is shave ice from a dinky roadside stand I found.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Best beer is far and away Andechs Spezial Hell brewed at Kloster Andechs in the Alpine foothills of Bavaria. Too bad its not imported here. Until you get a chance to put this most beautiful of brews to your lips, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Gillespie Scottish Stout. Murphy's come to a close second
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I only like the kind with alcohol in it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Killians Red--Alaskan Amber, with a nice thick prime rib!   Ben
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Lager-Sapporo, Dos XX, Tecate, Samuel Adams
Stout-Guiness, Samual Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Ale-Chimay

Best all around - Sapporo
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#25]
In NJ we used to get Lowenbrau in the 7 oz bottles. Not that it tasted better than another brand, just the fact these things were small and due to their size you would never end up with warm beer because by the time you took 3 sips it was gone. I loved never having to drink warm beer.

Believe it or not, but in FL there is a law against selling these here. Not sure why. So, if anyone can ship me down a few cases, I would greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Iron city
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#27]
i had smirnoff ice last weekend. it tastes like kool aid. damn i wish it was saturday....[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Milwaukees best or schaffers, Old Milwaukee
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is nasty???  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH............spoken like a true beer rookie.

MG
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Cold

Hot

Other peoples!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#31]
As part of my conditioning for future events, such as the loss of electricity, I have come to enjoy room temperature Tequiza.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Real MEN drink Duff!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
As part of my conditioning for future events, such as the loss of electricity, I have come to enjoy room temperature Tequiza.
View Quote

LOL!!  You're a funny guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Heilemann's Old Style or Coor's, not lite, the original heavy beer. As far as fish goes, I'll have mine COOKED, thank you.

OlDad
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Bass beer and Harp is a close second, I seem to like the English and Irish beers (about the only thing they do well together).

Bill

Happiness is a warm gun...
Bang bang, shoot shoot...
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Murphy's Stout
Erdinger - Best I've had smooth as silk, hard to find though
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Alaskan pale, Alaskan amber and Alaskan frontier now ESB (extra special brew) I guess it's aquired when you live less than a mile from the brewery.......and Heineken too !
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't drink a whole lot anymore but I do enjoy lighter beers.  I've been known to have a
Rolling Rock every once in a while.
[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#39]
ALASKAN
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Dang it ! .. Too many to mention....

So I am just going to toast the one I have now in my hand .. And say .. Happy Gunning ! Fellow Beer and Gun Lovers!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Back when I was still drinking my favorite was Little Kings.
Good stuff.  [beer]

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#42]
The Labatt`s Blue`s i`m drinkin` right now!!!!!................[pistol]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Petes wicked winter brew.Cant wait til the holidays.[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Purple Haze by the Abita Brewing Company out of Louisiana.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#45]
For dark I like John Courage(English, tastes like fat tire) and Guinness. For lighter brews I like Heineken and..... well I like Heineken.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Nobody said Keystone!

Heineken & Rolling Rock I used to like but now they kinda are sickening.

The best: Red Hook IPA or Black Star (the extra hoppy one), followed by Red Hook ESB, Steinlager,
Becks, Fosters, Guiness, Asahi(?)Super Dry.

What gets me is there used to be all these small to medium brewries then in the 60's & 70's they were going out of business or getting brought up

Labels I haven't seen in a while:
If any of these are still in business or have come back, please say so.

Old Crown
Drewry's
Hamm's
Lucky Lager
Falstaff
Carling's Black Label
Old Dutch
Berghoff
Hoff-brau
Stag
Wiedemann
Burgemeister
Old Tavern
Old Milwaukee
Nickel Plate (maybe before my time)

(Haven't had a Schlitz in a long time but assume it's still made)

Now that a lot of these went away, and the giants had their way a while, we have today  the microbreweries and brew-pubs.....

[red][size=4]P.R.K.

Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Home Brew RULZ

Make your own, just the way you like it.  Its a good feeling to have 5 or more Gallons of beer handy.  Kinda like having Thousands of rounds of .223.

Celebrator Doppelbock or Lindemans Peche Lambic for store bought.  Also had a smoked beer once, be good with Q.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Old Milwaukee and Schlitz are still being made.  But I'm not in the mood to talk about beer, because I am hungover and hateing life.

NSF
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#49]
To NSF Jojo
A couple of cold bottles of Heineken would clear up that hangover.  One of the reasons that I love Heineken beer is because the people who I know that drinks this wonderful beer says that you do'nt get hangovers from it, including myself.  Although I would hold off on the raw fish ahi poke for awhile.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Killians
Sam Adams
Iron City
Moose Head
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top