Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2001 7:07:02 AM EDT
Anyone ever see the Postman?  Kevin Costner acts in this movie.  I missed the beggining of the movie but saw most of it.  Lots of m4's and m1a's in the movie.  Anyone else see and like this movie?  I know there was a thread here about favorite movies with guns.  But I ca'nt seem to find it.  Can any one offer any suggestions for good gun movies?  Especially with ar's and fn's  and ak's and hk's and maybe even some bb's, ( thats short for bouncing babes) heehee heee hee
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
worst movie ever....
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed it.

A little cheesy at times, but the overall concept is cool.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The movie sucked,Kevin was a weenie not a hero,but I liked the cental Oregon back ground.
 If they made a movie on the book Patriots,that would be a great story line!!!!!!!!
VM
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Strange movie, even stranger book (genetically engineered supermen etc).  I personally enjoyed the movie, but really thought the book was too hard to believe.  I think Costner pretty much has a couple different roles he plays, the sports guy (all those baseball movies), and the reluctant hero (Postman, Waterworld).  I've found that you either like him or hate him as an actor.  I personally like him in those roles, more because I like the movies than I like his acting.  On movies with guns that I like, I am a big Aliens fan, there's just something about a bunch of guys in bada$$ armor with bada$$ guns (based on the Thompson SMG) kicking the stuffings out of a bunch of really big, viscious vermin that just appeals.  Perhaps I'm just warped [;)]

FWIW,
Adam Jacob
[email protected]
ICQ 47024895 "SoundGoat"
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#5]
his gills from "Waterworld" would have come in handy when he jumped from the bridge and the bad guys were shooting at him
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I only liked 2 of his movies (the rest were OK).

Silverado

Robin Hood.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Postman is so fricking hokey.  "You give people hope like it was candy".  It was like Mad Max written for the Rosie crowd.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I loved the book, but the movie was only so-so.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I enjoyed the movie. It isn't as bad as most people make it out to be.  Now "Wyatt Earp,"
that was a horrible Costner movie...also "Revenge."
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#10]
"Dances with wolfs" sucked but "Robin hood, Prince of thieves" was good and "Water world" and ya I kind of liked "The post man".

Rew
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#11]
The unofficial title for The Postman was "DirtWorld".
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
i liked the Clan of 8 kinda makes me wonder what the world would be like when the SHTF
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I like this Post, Man...[smoke]...oh, the Postman...
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I really liked the Postman, and enjoy quite a few of Costners movies.  A really good gun movie is Way of the GUn.  The story line isnt the best, but the acting is excellent.  Everybody in the movie acts like theyreally know how to use a gun.  None of this homeboy sideways pistol shit, no using one pistol in each hand and never missing, its just good, sound gun handling.

ML
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Loved the book, very disappointed by the movie.
I really like some of the hokeyier (hokier?) parts of the book....Cyclops, the Augments.
Didn't like how the movie combined and changed alot of the characters around.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I really liked the Postman also. I know people who actually liked the movie are in the minority. Costner got bashed big time in the reviews for this movie.
Costner was a reluctant hero figure. Actually his part was more of a scam artist that just happened to inspire people that had little hope.
Although during the movie he thought only of himself in the end he did right. How is this different than Mel Gibson in "The Patriot"?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#17]
blkbeard,

I agree...the book was good.
the movie...eh...

But then, Brin doesn't write a lot of crap.

peace!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
...A really good gun movie is Way of the GUn.  The story line isnt the best, but the acting is excellent.  Everybody in the movie acts like theyreally know how to use a gun.  None of this homeboy sideways pistol shit, no using one pistol in each hand and never missing, its just good, sound gun handling.

ML
View Quote

Yeah, I have to agree.  You can actually count the rounds they expend before reloading and it seems realistic.  Also, the Galil firing full auto near the end was cool as hell.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
While there were a lot of cool guns in the Postman, overall the movie sucked.  Even Waterworld was better, and it wasn't all that great.  Now, if you want a kick ass Costner movie, check out "300 Miles to Graceland". That is one badass movie.  Great gun play.

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]
"Hey man. I'm Tom Petty, and i'm the guardian of Bridge City... No guns allowed..."

At this point in the film, i damn near hurled.

McUZI
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Mcuzi
How many Fricking names are you gonna use??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top