Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Hay uncle buck, My door is made of 2x6, and the jams are reinforced.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Falcon, I'm sorry that you have to fortify your home. I'm not out to jackpot free american citizens. I'm a professional. If you need my services I will be there and do my best to help you. I am pro gun and pro gun owner like most cops. BTW if you need to duck the law a static defense is a losing proposition unless you just want to shoot it out and then the end is very predictable. Your best bet is to go on the run. Fire and manuever. Thats the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
uncle buck said:"Has any of you ever experienced a dynamic entry by L.E.O.'s first hand? They are fast and furious and quite neccesary I assure you. "

I agree you've already lost if they do a no knock raid on you. But my point is that such tactics are used way too often. Sure, if you KNOW (not suspect, not think, KNOW) that the occupant being raided is the right person, and is armed and ready to fight to the death, then I can understand the use of no knock raids. The Maryland cops have been known to do no knocks for child support enforcement cases! The brother of a friend of mine was selling a little weed to his friends to supplant his income and when Harford County Deputies came to investigate, they crashed through the door and held his wife and kids to the floor with MP5's pointed at their heads. These kids were 6 years old!!! How can you ever justify that? The guy they were after hadn't killed anybody, didn't own guns, much less give any reason to believe he would react violently. Plus, he wasn't even home when they raided.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for him having to go to jail - he was selling drugs. But I really cannot understand the need for them to use these tactics. The police have become a bunch of chicken sh*ts if they have to use no knock tactics on every case.

Like I said, if I ever get raided, I hope they are yelling POLICE, and I hope they are listening for me to yell DON'T SHOOT!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Gus,
I agree with you they can certainly be misused/abused. I can only speak from my experiences. In my first post I was mainly refering to those who say their going to be ready and shoot someone. Not very likely. The existence of these types of raids is another example of our personal freedoms being erroded because of the behavior of criminals. In my jurisdiction to get a no knock warrant aside from what is required to get any search warrant we have to name names and descriptions of people who pose a threat and are likely to be present and proof of a history of violent beahavior or possesion of weapons with criminal intent. If we don't have it we get a knock and announce and depending on the evidence to be seized(possibility of destruction if entry is delayed)we knock announce and breech the door. If there is no danger and no realistic possibility of evidence being destroyed we simply knock and serve whoever answers with the warrant and go about our business.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
" I'll do this..." "I'll do that..." blah blah blah. What you WILL do in that situation is piss your pants. Has any of you ever experienced a dynamic entry by L.E.O.'s first hand? They are fast and furious and quite neccesary I assure you. During a skillfuly executed no knock entry you won't have time to grab your balls let alone you AR or whatever you have "at the ready". Having participated in many of these types of raids I can tell you that no knock warrents are not handed out willy nilly. You have to jump through alot of hoops to get one and D-Day type planning proceeds it. Get over your childish "I want to kill someone with my AR" fantasies. Continue to make war on cops and enjoy your criminals.
View Quote

After eight years in a US Army light infantry unit, specializing in "Urban Combat and counter terrorism" I know exactly what these raids are like, my unit probably developed and perfected most of the tactics law enforcment tries to imitate and more, too violent even for law-enforcment. I also know that without heavy defences such as support fire, obsticals, denial wire, sandbag bunkers with interlocking sectors of fire, and anti-personel munitions at entry points, you are virtually indefencable and most likely will be killed whether intentionally or not. If you listen to the news, notice how many bad guys have been shooting themselves as soon as the cops show up. Do you really think that many bad guys are suicidal? If they where, why didn't they off themselves before the cops showed up? Much more likely they are being exicuted with their own guns after surrendering or being taken into custody. Exicuted on the spot, and call it a suicide, no trial, no complaints, and no one is left alive to answer or make allegations. It quickly sanitizes any misteaks, an the officers involved walk away hailed as hero's. This is why you're better off fighting. Since the Nazi bastards deliberately chose to give you no warning, no quarter, and no opportunity to surrender, they most likely INTEND, to kill you anyway, so you might as well try an take a few of them with you, if you can. As far as making war on the cops, we arn't the ones kicking in doors at 3:00am and shooting up houses. The criminals don't scare me neerly as bad as the cops, criminals usually arn't nearly as dangerous, and at least I'm allowed to defend myself against them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top