Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been saying it since January... the Democrats aren't going to use up their political capital by going after suppressors.  They have bigger concerns and they'll need to call in a lot of favors over the next 3.5-7.5 years.

There are plenty of Dems in big hunting states that will vote for this bill so they can show their constituents how "pro-gun/pro-hunting" they are.

It's also a HUGE help that Trump hasn't thrown his support behind the SHARE act or even mentioned it.  It has a much better chance of passing if it's not one of POTUS' pet projects.  As soon as Trump says he wants the SHARE act to pass, you can rest assured it'll lose at least 3 Republican votes in the Senate just out of spite.
View Quote
So much truth
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've been saying it since January... the Democrats aren't going to use up their political capital by going after suppressors.  They have bigger concerns and they'll need to call in a lot of favors over the next 3.5-7.5 years.

There are plenty of Dems in big hunting states that will vote for this bill so they can show their constituents how "pro-gun/pro-hunting" they are.

It's also a HUGE help that Trump hasn't thrown his support behind the SHARE act or even mentioned it.  It has a much better chance of passing if it's not one of POTUS' pet projects.  As soon as Trump says he wants the SHARE act to pass, you can rest assured it'll lose at least 3 Republican votes in the Senate just out of spite.
View Quote
I'm doing my best to read your post in the wise voice of Yoda.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Get your reps to add a repeal of Hughes.

We will probably never have this chance again.

Now is the time!
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I understand your logic, but it’s debatable. These Ds got enough votes to get in and stay in so far, and it’s not like passing SHARE is going to win them a bunch of votes. I mean... I’d be happy if Claire McCaskill voted for SHARE, but I damn sure am not giving her a vote either way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So lets say this passes the house vote; what are the odds it gets through the senate with only 52 republicans right now?
Don't forget, there are a lot of D senators up for reelection in 2018 who have suddenly find themselves in Trump Country. If they want to keep their jobs, they'll play ball.
I understand your logic, but it’s debatable. These Ds got enough votes to get in and stay in so far, and it’s not like passing SHARE is going to win them a bunch of votes. I mean... I’d be happy if Claire McCaskill voted for SHARE, but I damn sure am not giving her a vote either way.
Amen to that.  Vote that D out!
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep up the calls, especially after the Vegas shooting. Don't let them conflate the issues.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now is the time!
View Quote
Don't even bring that shit up because it makes you look unreasonable as a constituent.

If you want SHARE to pass, don't even mention the fucking machine gun registry.

I know it sucks but that's just how it is in politics.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the Vegas mass murderer/s put the kibosh to this for the foreseeable future
View Quote
Only if we let it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the Vegas mass murderer/s put the kibosh to this for the foreseeable future
View Quote
Never let a crisis go to waste.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let's hope not

Just got the following:

October 2, 2017

Dear Mr. DoW,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support forthe Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act. I appreciate
your input on this important issue. As a proud member of the Sportsmen’s Caucus
and the holder of a Texas Concealed Handgun License, I have continually
supported legislation that protects the rights of sportsmen to hunt and fish.

As you may know, the SHARE Act (H.R. 3668) was introducedby Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) in September 2017. If passed into law, this measure
would promote increased access to traditional outdoor sporting activities such
as hunting, fishing, and recreational shooting. H.R. 3668 would require that
federal land managers support and facilitate use and access for hunting,
fishing, and recreational shooting on Forest Service and Bureau of Land
Management lands. This bill would also protect gun owners’ Second Amendment
right to bear arms on land owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and would
provide protections for the use of traditional lead ammunition and fishing
tackle by reiterating and clarifying existing law to limit EPA’s authority
under the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA). Additionally, this bill would
remove regulations from firearm suppressors and would ensure that suppressors are
treated like any other firearm accessory.

H.R. 3668 recently passed the House Natural ResourcesCommittee and now awaits consideration by the full House of Representatives. I
will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind if I have the opportunity to vote on
this legislation.

You may be interested to know that the SHARE Act passedthe House with my strong support last Congress by a vote of 242-161. I will
continue fighting to remove government roadblocks that threaten to limit
Americans from having access to outdoor sporting activities on federal lands.

I am honored and grateful for the opportunity tocontinue serving as your voice in Washington, and I hope you’ll continue to
reach out about the important issues facing our country and district. It is
through your active civic engagement that I am best able to represent your
interests at this critical juncture for our country. If I can be of assistance
to you, please contact my office at (202) 225-6673 or Ratcliffe.house.gov 
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree...I think it just got screwed...
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree...I think it just got screwed...
View Quote
If we do nothing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The Vegas shooting would not have been any different had the shooter used a suppressor. Shit for the first 2 strings of fire people just stood there thinking it was fireworks, but it was the supersonic crack of the bullets passing and hitting around them.

Keep pushing your reps. The left will try to falsely use this tragedy to push their agenda on legislation that has nothing to do with what happened.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
@LaRue_Tactical

Why would it?  They have nothing to do with each other.  We have to make sure we're not defeatist about it and DEMAND our rights.

Leftists carry out these attacks with the intention of eroding our freedoms.  If we respond by strengthening our 2nd Amendment instead of destroying it, they will stop.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@LaRue_Tactical

Why would it?  They have nothing to do with each other.  We have to make sure we're not defeatist about it and DEMAND our rights.

Leftists carry out these attacks with the intention of eroding our freedoms.  If we respond by strengthening our 2nd Amendment instead of destroying it, they will stop.
View Quote
Saying that the two have nothing to do with one another is absolutely true, but also irrelevant.  You are trying to inject facts and logic into a highly emotional subject where anything pro-gun will be conflated with this incident over the next few months.

I'm not saying stop trying, because we should all still be pushing.  But to believe this Vegas stuff won't have any impact is probably wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Double tap
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#20]
If I was smart enough, I would cut/paste a discussion I just came across on FaceBook. A friend was addressing the conversation of politicians already jumping on their podiums before the Vegas victims have stopped bleeding. Another person's immediate response was the stupidity of allowing suppressors to be purchased freely. That the Vegas death toll would have been so much greater if the shooter had been shooting suppressed. It went back and forth for a page or two before the inevitable conclusion occurred where logic, reason and fact were not to be used.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We're talking about on-the-fencers that haven't had the sense to sign-on yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@LaRue_Tactical

We're talking about on-the-fencers that haven't had the sense to sign-on yet.
On the fencers will do whatever gets them re-elected. It is our job  to make sure that includes supporting passing the SHARE act.

Remember, it was supposedly dead the day of the congressional ball game shooting as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Don't even bring that shit up because it makes you look unreasonable as a constituent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now is the time!

I AM an unreasonable constituent, and they need to know it.

Reasonable constituents are content to keep taking it in the ass. That can't be us anymore.
I want it ALL back.
I'll leave the politickin to the the politicians.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You don't really even need to mention suppressors, you can emphasize the rest of it.
View Quote
I disagree.

If the one reason everybody is making calls (suppressors) is not mentioned because we are being "sly and covert", make no mistake that they will remove suppressors from the bill.

The fact that  reps have submitted it in the first place is mind boggling, so lets not leave them hanging in the wind by themselves as fringe right wingers. We need to support them in every way possible, and that includes the HPA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Put yourself in Congressman So-and-So's on-the-fence chair and drop a pro-gun legislation in his face.

Just sayin' ...
View Quote
Liberals will vote against conservatives no matter what. I was once a on the fence person. Obama's election turned me pro gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#25]
News banner on abc this morning said the gun bill on silencers not likely to get a vote in house.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
News banner on abc this morning said the gun bill on silencers not likely to get a vote in house.
View Quote
Fake news. Call your reps. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#27]
GOP still plans to vote on NRA-backed legislation that eases gun restrictions

KEEP SUPPORTING SHARE!

Keep pressure on our reps!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fake news. Call your reps. 
View Quote
Garrett is voting for it. Don't count on Va's help when it gets to the Senate though 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I feel like this just fucked us. Hard. Jimmy Kimmel's faggot ass just threw his tears out there live to get a good reaction and in the meantime threw the share act/HPA completely under the bus.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're talking about HPA, not SHARE.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#32]
SHARE is dead.  That cuck son of a bitch Ryan just killed it.

http://cnn.it/2kjo707
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats no different of a status than it had yesterday or last week.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Paul Ryan: Gun silencer bill not on the House scheduleFrom CNN's Sunlen Serfaty and Deirdre WalshSpeaker of the House Paul Ryan said that, as of now, the SHARE Act, which would loosen restrictions on purchasing gun silencers, is not scheduled for a vote on the House floor."That bill is not scheduled right now. I don't know when it will be scheduled," Ryan said at his press conference today, adding that the present focus is on the budget and tax reform.Asked about what Congress can do to prevent shootings in the wake of Las Vegas, the Speaker focused on mental health."It is important as we see the dust settle and see what is behind these tragedies that mental health is a critical ingredient," Ryan said.Pressed about an earlier measure Congress passed to ease restrictions on ?social security recipients with mental health issues, he pushed back saying, "that was about people's right were being infringed on."

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Paul Ryan: Gun silencer bill not on the House scheduleFrom CNN's Sunlen Serfaty and Deirdre WalshSpeaker of the House Paul Ryan said that, as of now, the SHARE Act, which would loosen restrictions on purchasing gun silencers, is not scheduled for a vote on the House floor."That bill is not scheduled right now. I don't know when it will be scheduled," Ryan said at his press conference today, adding that the present focus is on the budget and tax reform.Asked about what Congress can do to prevent shootings in the wake of Las Vegas, the Speaker focused on mental health."It is important as we see the dust settle and see what is behind these tragedies that mental health is a critical ingredient," Ryan said.Pressed about an earlier measure Congress passed to ease restrictions on ?social security recipients with mental health issues, he pushed back saying, "that was about people's right were being infringed on."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again that's the status quo for this bill anyways.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad time to bring the bill for a vote anyway 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bad time to bring the bill for a vote anyway 
View Quote
Yep it was a "bad time" in June and it's a "bad time" now. I'm not so much buying into a conspiracy or black swan event as I'm pissed that this country has allowed mentally unstable people to live among us in a somewhat free society.

Still gonna contact my rep and Ryan.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I feel like this just fucked us. Hard. Jimmy Kimmel's faggot ass just threw his tears out there live to get a good reaction and in the meantime threw the share act/HPA completely under the bus.
View Quote
...all according to the carefully laid plans, of mice and men.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]
I called my local reps office and left Spkr Ryan a voicemail in DC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Just saw on the book of faces it's been shelved 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Wrote Ryan and Comstock again for any good it does.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Only if we let it.
View Quote
This. Do not give up!

I am going to wait several weeks to continue pressuring congressmen to support the bill, but I am going to continue. This is legislation that needs to happen to protect our hearing and to protect our rights. 

Yesterday I donated $25 to the NRA-ILA and when I can I will donate some to the ASA. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#45]
the Republican Party really needs to be replaced; they've been pulling this shit since the '60s.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fucking asshole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking asshole.
No fuck that. He was looking for an excuse to pull this shit anyways. Call them and get our bill passed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck Paul Ryan.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I just emailed him.  I called him a modern day Judas.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
You could hardly fault them for waiting a month or two,  after yesterday. It would be more likely to pass after a few weeks have passed. 

Also, Fuck Paul Ryan!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't take no for an answer.

Let's continue to get cosponsors on this bill.

Do we have an updated list of cosponsors?  I want to make sure my guy is on it.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top