Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2001 7:25:40 PM EDT
Does anybody have a website where I can get information about the cartridges used in the various shooting competitions, national match, etc. Excuse me for my lack of proper vocabulary I don't know what the names of the different national level shooting matches are.
thanks
M18A1 Claymore
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the Public Forums section of this site. There are several areas that might be of help. They include Ammunition, Competition and Reloading. If you don't see what you want, try putting your question in those areas. You might get enough cartridge "recipes" to keep you busy for a while.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't actually want any loads,,,but rather the cartridges that the top shooters were using.
thanks
M18A1 Claymore
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
For service rifle matches, the top shooters are using .223 or .308 because that's what the rules require.

For the other disciplines, you might want to investigate sport by sport to find out which cartridges are being used.  The "best" cartridge will depend upon the rules of a particular sport.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, I can tell you that the Navy Fleet matches use standard issue FMJ.

Check out this page: http://www.usnst.org/links.htm

It's the Navy Shooting Team website link page. I haven't been to all the sites listed yet so not sure which will have the best info.

Tear it up,
JT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top