Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2001 5:01:49 PM EDT
What is a "buttertart"?  They are talkin about them on the intermissions on the hockey game.  I am now curious.  They say it is a Canadian thing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
A fat ho?

Eh? :^)
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I cannot believe that you do not have the pleasure of buttertarts in the USA ( or at least in the part you live.)

My wife makes the best buttertarts...if I am correct they are close to what you have in Pecan tarts....without the nuts.

Here is her receipe

1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 egg
3/4  cup dried currants
1tbsp vanilla
2tbsp corn syrup

cream together butter and sugar till smooth.
add beaten egg
add remaining
mix well
spoon into tart shells
bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes

THEN ENJOY!!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife is Canadian and yes, butter tarts are great. I reccomend them to one and all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool!  Thanks fer the recipe.  Sounds good.

And BTW Stormbringer...I'm sure we have dishes in the US of A that you do not have up there.  Ever had steamed Possum with sweet potatoes??
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
How about Canadian Bacon? My wife had never heard of that one. Seems that it is an American invention. Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#6]
SABRES=STANLEY CUP.............[frag]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
POSSUM!!!

There is no way in hell my wife would let that in the house....they are ROAD KILL!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
deep fried beaver with home fries....mmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Burn there is only one kind of beaver I would eat and its a crime to deep fry it!!

LOL
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By black&green:
SABRES=STANLEY CUP.............[frag]
View Quote

Sorry, buddy.  My Penguins ended that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top