Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2001 1:05:47 PM EDT
Mine are: Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, John Wayne, George Raft, Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Clint Eastwood, These are real men actors that could walk the talk. Todays nancy boy actors are so purrrrdy they suck. Take away special effects and they would starve. If my daughter came home with a runt like Little Tommy Cruise I'd throw them both out the door. Tall Balls forever.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
the guy on the navy seal documentary i quoted the other day saying " you may think its just a 9mm, it cant DO anything, well. when i put 2 rds through your heart and one through your head, you wont know the diffrence will you?"
i bet he is a REAL tough guy
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with most of yours but I think guys like bruce willis, mel gibson, and russel crowe could bring the pain if they wanted too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
matt what documentary was that?  History channel one?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Steve Mcqueen
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
the drill instructor on full metal jacket. i never laughed so hard in my life.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Jackie Chan.  I'd be on the ground before I knew he moved.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Steyrgirl, that guy from Full Metal Jacket was a real DI.  He wasn't acting.  All the folks here that have been in the military know that that's exactly what the DI is like.  They are certainly unique.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Jack Palance

"I crap bigger than you..."

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The guy from FMJ was an actor (may have been a DI as one time?) He has been in many other movies, including the recent comedy "Saving Silverman"
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
JTT223 wrote:

I agree with most of yours but I think guys like bruce willis, mel gibson, and russel crowe could bring the pain if they wanted too
--------------------------------------------

Oh please, Mel Gibson is a girly man. Next time you watch any Mel Gibson movie that has guns notice how much he flinches every time he fires off a shot, with blanks no less. I enjoy his movies (Braveheart, Patriot) but he's no Clint Eastwood.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Frontsight!:
Steyrgirl, that guy from Full Metal Jacket was a real DI.  He wasn't acting.  All the folks here that have been in the military know that that's exactly what the DI is like.  They are certainly unique.
View Quote

i thought we were talking about guys who were believable. he is the most believable one i ever saw. i guess because he was the real deal. i wasn't making fun of him but it's hard not to laugh when he's talking about sh*tting tiffany cufflinks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
John Wayne. Accept no substitutes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I think Harvey Keitel looks like the kind of stinkin mean person that would post on these forums.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#16]
There are basically two classes:

Wussy: Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Eastwood, Boy George, and the like.

Badd Asss: Segal, Gibson, John Wayne, Charles Bronson.

OK, I named the wussies because they are anti-gun. Boy george could be a "Bad Ass" to someone I guess......
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Jay and Silent Bob, never picked up a gun but they'll seriously f#ck your world and do a dance on your ruins when they're done.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree with steyrgirl, but as was said earlier, he was the real deal.  Other than that, I would have to say Charles Bronson, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jack Palance.  Mel gibson wouldn't make a pimple on a tough mans' butt.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Segal!!? Haven't you ever watched him run? Granted, he is advanced in his Akido, but there are many at that level and beyond. Where did you see him fire 7 shots from a 1911 into a single hole? I hope you are just foolin! The Duke is up there along with Bronson.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Robert Mitchum

He was riding the rails at 14, was a boxer and generally took no shit from anyone.

[url]www.salon.com/july97/mitchum970711.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]
sorry if i double posted-

Tough Guys ?  Movie actors ?  - No you really must mean HEROES

Heroes ?

You want Heroes? -

"DISCLAIMER ---  I AM NOT A COMBAT VETERAN"

But I proudly served.

"They shall not grow old,
As we that are left grow old,
Age shall not weary them . .  
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun,
And in the morning,
We will remember them!"
-- Lawrence Binyon

Here are some links - There are many many more --

http://home.att.net/~icu8/vet.htm

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/9161/cudlike.html

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/

http://www.gulfweb.org/tracings/tos_show.cfm?ID=229

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/prairie/7915/Svc.html

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.com/

http://www.thevirtualwall.org/

Memorial day is fast approaching -- God Bless Them All

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#22]
For ice cold believable, try:
Jack Palance as "Stark Wilson" in Shane.

Aldo Ray as "The Man From Bodey" from some Jimmy Stewart movie I can't remember the name of.

James Cagney as "Cody Jarret" in White Heat.
("Drop the gun Cody".  "He He, come and get it")

The actor Don Gordon.  (Apparently the REAL thing, having done heavy time in San Quinton).
You will remember him from many older movies and TV shows-Gunsmoke, etc) a HUGE man.  Had the most viscous, evil glare in Hollywood (or any where else) you've EVER seen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Lee Marvin.  The quintessential tough guy as far as I'm concerned.  I heard rumours he even brought his own guns to use on the set when the prop guys couldn't get it right or he didn't like what they supplied.

Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, and John Wayne of course.  They just don't make them like that anymore.

And finally two others I'll throw in for your consideration.  Dennis Hopper and Al Pacino - two that always play the badass badguy.  And who can forget "Say hello to my little friend!"
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the guy on the navy seal documentary i quoted the other day saying " you may think its just a 9mm, it cant DO anything, well. when i put 2 rds through your heart and one through your head, you wont know the diffrence will you?"
i bet he is a REAL tough guy
View Quote

I believe the name of that program was 'Navy SEALS pt. III' on the Discovery Channel about a month or two ago.  Tons of M4 action, with a sprinkling of M-14, M-60, McMillian .50, etc. sprinkled in.  Fun show to watch, for sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are basically two classes:

Wussy: Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Eastwood, Boy George, and the like.

Badd Asss: Segal, Gibson, John Wayne, Charles Bronson.

OK, I named the wussies because they are anti-gun. Boy george could be a "Bad Ass" to someone I guess......
View Quote

AFAIK, Bruce Willis is pro-gun, not anti.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#27]
How about Sam Elliot and Tom Beringer?  Those guys did mostly westerns, but they could glare good [:D]
Met the stunt men for Cliffhanger, and they said that Stallone was a whiny little baby, and was not more than four feet off the ground the entire shoot.  
Nobody mention Schwartzenager; I always wanted to see him or Stallone fire real Stoners with one arm.
Dolph Lundgren, Brian Bosworth ?  They made good action movies with lousy plots and effects.
I still think that Jack Nicholson and Tommy Lee Jones could give hell.  Remember Jack as Joker. [X]
Ice
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Nobody mentioned ballet dancer turned kick boxer Jean Claude Van Damn He Can Do the Splits.
[}:D]
Ice
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the more average guy toughmen like: Al Pacino, Robert Deniro, Harrison Ford. Jack Nicholson, Sean Connery. The characters they play are usually not super action heroes, but average Joes who take a beating but continue to kick ass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Jackie Chan hands down no contest. Anyone who does all his own stunts, even when they don't have to, has BIG ones. And he really does know his shit and is FAST. He doesn't need the film speeded up to make him look like he is fast(Segal). Oh yah one thing going against him is that doesn't have a place to rest his hands when they are not in use like Segal does.(His enormous gut)

After him it would be:Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot, and Tommy Lee Jones(in The Lonesome Dove and when he played Sissy Segal's adversary(forget the movie title))
I'm a big western fan and you did say believable.

You might want to rethink that Mel Gibson isn't anti-gun. In one of the Lethal Weapon flicks I forget which one(II or III I think) there was a big poster in the one shot, right between Mel and Tony, from Handgun Control, Inc. with a picture of a baby on it and saying something to the effect of kids dying from guns, like one a day. Not saying he put it there but he was promoting it in the shot.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You might want to rethink that Mel Gibson isn't anti-gun. In one of the Lethal Weapon flicks I forget which one(II or III I think) there was a big poster in the one shot, right between Mel and Tony, from Handgun Control, Inc. with a picture of a baby on it and saying something to the effect of kids dying from guns, like one a day. Not saying he put it there but he was promoting it in the shot.
View Quote

Actually no, Richard Donner, the director, was promoting it.  Mel Gibson signed a contract to make a movie and had precious little control over the script, props, etc...
I don't think Gibson is especially PRO gun, but I don't think he is anti either.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I have a different criteria for judging who's a "tough guy" and who's not, but I certainly wouldn't want to mess with [b]Roy[/b]. No last name necessary, just [b]Roy[/b].

[url]www.borntodestroy.com[/url]
[url]www.buddylee.com/imgs/Buddy_Lee18.jpg[/url]

[edited to change the pic to a link, because of size.]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry about my last post:  The actor's name was Leo Gordon.  Was in "Night of the Grizzly" with Clint Walker, and John Wayne in "McClintock" in the famous mud hole fight.  He's the one Duke stuck the shotgun in and said "Sombody ought to
slug you, but I won"t---"

And for the really toughest of ALL:
Audie Murphy.  Face like a little kid, and the bravest man of them all.  Even in after the war in peacetime, thought nothing at all at taking on 2-3 bullies and whipping their butts.  Just after the war little Audie caught 2 thugs giving someone at a Texas gas station a hard time.  Dragged both out of a truck, and proceded to swab the entire parking lot with them.  It wouldn't be the last time he did it either.

Also: Sterling Hayden, WWII OSS.
Dennis Franz, Viet Nam Force Recon.
David Niven!!!!, WWII British Commando.
James Arness, WWII Army.
Erril Flynn, not militarly brave, but absolutly FEARLESS in a good fist fight, surprizing numerous tough guys that the "prettyboy" wasn't afraid wade right in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lee Marvin.  The quintessential tough guy as far as I'm concerned.  I heard rumours he even brought his own guns to use on the set when the prop guys couldn't get it right or he didn't like what they supplied.

Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, and John Wayne of course.  They just don't make them like that anymore.

And finally two others I'll throw in for your consideration.  Dennis Hopper and Al Pacino - two that always play the badass badguy.  And who can forget "Say hello to my little friend!"
View Quote
Mostly agree with you, Lee Marvin is my numero uno(especially from "The Big Red One" A REAL combat Marine beside.  Bronson and Wayne tie for second.  Not so sure about Hopper(Seems like more of a freak than a tough guy) Pacino fits the mold, though. [frag]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#35]
If you're talking "believable" as in looking the part, that's been pretty well covered.

Anyway, being tough with your fists, isn't my way of judging how tough a man is.

If you want real...Audie Murphy
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Marlon Brando
Sam Elliott
Tom Selleck
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Mr. Rogers, I heard he was a sniper!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Robert Deniro, Clint Eastwood, Lee Marvin, the list goes on... That guy that plays "Furio" on the Sopranos.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If you're talking "believable" as in looking the part, that's been pretty well covered.

Anyway, being tough with your fists, isn't my way of judging how tough a man is.

If you want real...Audie Murphy
View Quote
Yeah, "Believable Movie Tough Guy" = all of the above.  "Real American Hero = Audie Murphy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Fat Bastard
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#41]
charlies angels
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#42]
The ultimate outlaw rebel.  

Pee Wee Herman!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Grand Prize: John Wayne
Runner Up: Robert DiNero (in serious roles, not the commedy cr@p.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#44]
i will add one more to the list after charles bronson, lee marvin, clint eastwood john wayne, who was the person that played paladon, have gun, will travel? i know, i'm really showing my age on that one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Jimmy Stwert (Sp) he flew B17s in WWII and Lee Marvin was a Marine, you also have Ronald Reagon Who I beleave was a CPT in the Army and my all time fav Audie Murphy. John Wayne of course and Robert Mitchem With Kirk Dougles throw if for fun, shame how he brought up the kid.

Rew
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Need some help.

Who played "The Rifleman"

Was that Chuck Conners?

Would not want to piss him off!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Patricia Velasquez--movies

REAL--Senior Airman Jennifer Donaldson and My
MOTHER----
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#48]

REAL--Senior Airman Jennifer Donaldson first lady in US sniper school
My MOTHER----S.A.Brown al egend to me and a great shooter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Ronald Reagan

Check out the character he played in "The Killers" (not the one in "Bedtime for Bonzo") and then he was tough enough to get the Russkies to back down.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

REAL--Senior Airman Jennifer Donaldson and My
MOTHER----
View Quote
                                            Buddy....you got more than most!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top