User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a LH shooter all I can think about is that sparkplug poking me in the eye 
View Quote
Ha, I was just about to post this after I saw that!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Old ammo can handle instead of the shovel....

Or

Use a folding entrenching tool ...
See that coulda been your side folder 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I cannot wait to see what that that guy comes up with. Absolutely talented
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Old ammo can handle instead of the shovel....

Or

Use a folding entrenching tool ...
See that coulda been your side folder 
View Quote
Could have pinched my burned my hands AND pinched them? WINNING
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
In to learn from the master.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Did that sight post get there yet? 

Eta..made it to its new home. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Barrel should be on its way back to me on Monday so aughta see it on Wednesday or Thursday
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
God I can't wait to see videos
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Tick tock, tick tock.... The clock is running my friend.

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#12]
My lower is no longer pieces parts.....  

Where's your barrel?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#13]
looking at an oxy acetylene torch set tomorrow because of you 

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
you did not help either 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  you did not help either 
View Quote
I'm gonna blame @FW_wife for this one.  If she hadn't opened the door the 3rd time & came out & agreed to marry me, I wouldn't be givin away Flat Spot lowers, now would I?  
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
ost
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I am the proud owner of a bunch of gas torch stuff that is much bigger than I thought it would be  The brass regulator alone weighs about 8 pounds Apparently his father worked on the rail road and used these with propane so that is perfect for me. i think i might need a smaller brazing torch though  the one small new tip does not fit on either torch. So Now I need an oxygen tank and some hose

Talk about a blast from the past I remember getting Ice cream at the mall at Woolworths I had no clue they had gas gauges  

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Torch from an era long past where companies put brass tags on stuff Type w-24R

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Torch from an era long past where companies put brass tags on stuff Type w-24R

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/E-mag/47dd7012-4bf1-4a15-95a4-bd5b3a1945ac_zps2mlu3pvf.jpg
View Quote
You are almost ready to go! Nice find. I'm excited for your build thread.

I was at the welding store the other day and walked out with a new torch... I'd blame backbencher for that, but I was there to fill my mig gas spare and grab some 7018 rod but then that torch caught my eye... So, a $270 torch and $200 of new regulators, a bottle of gas, and wire, and some stick rod, and some paint markers, and a couple flapper disks I finally made it out of air gas. If I didn't need 7018 rod for that Ibeam you've seen on my build thread, @backbencher would be entirely to blame.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't ask sample what he spent pre-41f after I gave him a .458" upper (sadly, a Rock River).  I'm an enabler.  If only I got a commission.  

ETA:  A 0% build on a rather different theme:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1991248_The-delicious-80--chocolate-lower-thread.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I stumbled across sublime's thread which reminded me about the flat spot kits. I was thinking of getting one for my dad as a father's day gift with the hopes of him teaching me to weld again. Now I think I will have to get two and make my own ugly gun with him.

All of you idiots inspire me to be the biggest idiot I can be! (I mean that in a good way)
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:43:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I stumbled across sublime's thread which reminded me about the flat spot kits. I was thinking of getting one for my dad as a father's day gift with the hopes of him teaching me to weld again. Now I think I will have to get two and make my own ugly gun with him.

All of you idiots inspire me to be the biggest idiot I can be! (I mean that in a good way)
View Quote
I also think you should get two and have a great time building and fabricating with your dad. There's several threads on building these which definitely helps take the out of the pile of pieces. I definitely had a WTF did I get myself into moment.

All you need is a way to melt metal together (solder, braze, welds), a grinder with a flap disk and cut of wheel, a dremel/air grinder (a small boring bit is very handy), a set of  good drill bits, a couple clamps and a few 1/4" bolts and washers. You'll also need an upper receiver in order to get the buffer tube mounts right and a lower parts kit you can install while it's in "roughly complete" state to make any modifications needed before it's "finished".
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also think you should get two and have a great time building and fabricating with your dad. There's several threads on building these which definitely helps take the out of the pile of pieces. I definitely had a WTF did I get myself into moment.

All you need is a way to melt metal together (solder, braze, welds), a grinder with a flap disk and cut of wheel, a dremel/air grinder (a small boring bit is very handy), a set of  good drill bits, a couple clamps and a few 1/4" bolts and washers. You'll also need an upper receiver in order to get the buffer tube mounts right and a lower parts kit you can install while it's in "roughly complete" state to make any modifications needed before it's "finished".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tools will not be an issue. I know he has MIG, TIG, and oxy welders, 2 lathes, a milling machine, a few drill presses, a few grinders, 87 clamps and more random hardware then ACE. The issue is time. I have been wanting him to teach me to use his lathes and milling machine for 10 years, neither of us have the free time to do it unless we are both exhausted.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:08:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Did OP get tetanus and die 
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#27]
He stopped in on my build thread earlier in the week, but has yet to update on if he got a barrel or not.

Now I gotta get a barrel coming too. Hope I don't disappear.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:56:57 PM EDT
[#28]
@sublimeshooter @E-Mag

Sorry guys, barrel got put back another week I really can't complain though cause donated work and all that. Don't yall worry, as soon as it gets back I'll be posting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Just living vicariously through you hopefully I get my setup dialed in and can start a thread of my own 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#30]
So supposedly my Safety-Silv 45 and flux was delivered by USPS yesterday but it is nowhere to be found :-(

ETA> Sweet some nice gentleman from 2 streets over brought me my stuff  too bad I have to go to work now and can play with it 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Ohhh Raider.........

Help me figure out sights/optics.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ohhh Raider.........

http://i.imgur.com/NglH0X7.jpg

View Quote
An epoxy covered toilet paper roll with a magnifying glass inside. Sharpie in some lines for the reticle
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

An epoxy covered toilet paper roll with a magnifying glass inside. Sharpie in some lines for the reticle
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#34]
needs a harpoon or something for the bayonet. or drill bit or something.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ohhh Raider.........

http://i.imgur.com/NglH0X7.jpg

View Quote
Holy shit that was fast

Hmmmmmmm well it's my turn to pass it on, I've got a pic rail mount PKA somewhere but it'll need to be mounted a bit to the left of the bore.....you interested? it'll definitely look the part

Like dis
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  An epoxy covered toilet paper roll with a magnifying glass inside. Sharpie in some lines for the reticle
View Quote
Oddly enough...

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20718

Not mine.  The Musician's.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Holy shit that was fast

Hmmmmmmm well it's my turn to pass it on, I've got a pic rail mount PKA somewhere but it'll need to be mounted a bit to the left of the bore.....you interested? it'll definitely look the part

Like dis
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/221621099677-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
View Quote
A bit left to the bore? I'm interested to know more!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit that was fast

Like dis
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/221621099677-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
It's designed for an AK side mount, old school ruskie red dot
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Grip 2.0 is pretty much there! This one is moar betterer

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411027/IMG-20170402-130023563-HDR-2-179460.JPG

USA!USA!USA!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411027/IMG-20170402-130120724-2-179461.JPG

Final plan, won't epoxy until done welding
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411027/IMG-20170402-130341752-2-179462.JPG

Buttpad is done too
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/411027/IMG-20170402-130104641-HDR-2-179463.JPG

I didn't get to tig up everything last night but once that gets one and i can smooth some stuff over, the lower is done!

I kinda feel the need to incorporate a bottle opener into the magwell though
View Quote
Put the bottle opener in the stock.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not an AK guy, but I googled it and they look pretty close to centered. Think it'd work on my centered rail? Or, do you know of a steel picatinny mount I could get two of to offset?

I'm so close to buying a spool gun on my mig for aluminum welding it's not funny.... It's really not in the budget since I bought new torches though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Weld an AK scope mount to the side of the lower?

Convergence...
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP, the butt end of your build reminds me of this 

http://jamesdjulia.com/wp-content/uploads/images/auctions/369/images/lrg/51325.jpg
View Quote
The difference here is that I expect the OP's rifle will work, whereas a Chauchat... not so much.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not an AK guy, but I googled it and they look pretty close to centered. Think it'd work on my centered rail? Or, do you know of a steel picatinny mount I could get two of to offset?

I'm so close to buying a spool gun on my mig for aluminum welding it's not funny.... It's really not in the budget since I bought new torches though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're welcome to try I haven't messed with it for years. I'll dig around for it in the AM
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You're welcome to try I haven't messed with it for years. I'll dig around for it in the AM
View Quote
If you find it, before you send it to me see if you can bore site it of an AR. Save us both the trouble and coin.  It's intriguing though!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If you find it, before you send it to me see if you can bore site it of an AR. Save us both the trouble and coin.  It's intriguing though!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#47]
@sublimeshooter

Found it, seems to bore sight just fine. Don't know why I had an issue before
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Are you going to use that guy on yours? If not, PM me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Are you going to use that guy on yours? If not, PM me.
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Trying  to get parts togeather before my build does anyone know of any hand guards that look M203 ish or where to get affordable m203 handguards I dont necessarily need the front grenade sight
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top