Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 1:18:20 PM EDT
After beating my melon on the monitor for about two months now I've decided that I need to frequent a different FAL site, until ALL of the FaL Files probs are rectified.

so, frustrated FAL Fondlers, try this on for size.

[url]http://www.stg-58.com/cgi-bin/stg58cgi/Ultimate.cgi?[/url]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not my board, it's "orca"'s.

It's a fine board, reliable as the sunrise.

The "temp" board you refer to is actually the "old" fal files. D.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Any idea when it will be back up and running?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any idea when it will be back up and running?
View Quote

About the same time the old ar15.com board is back up. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I spent the better part of an hour attempting to register and getting "Internal Server Errors" over and over and over.

I'm just damn tired of the whole mess. D.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to see I'm not the only one...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know who posted on the "old" bd about going to the Nashville gun show this weekend?  It was MK something or another (I do know it didn't say MKUltra) and I'd like to get in touch with him.  Thanks!

awp101[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Time for my weekly polo question-Anybody else order a polo shirt (3 months ago) and still not recieved it?  

We bought these to support the FAL site and Jen supposedly has not cashed the checks yet.  Cash the checks-send the shirts-take the profits and fix the site!

My DT's are setting in from lack of FAL Files in my blood system!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Beer man,

The SUIT from TAPCO is optically good.  It's been refinished with some semi-gloss black pain with new stickers so it looks near-new cosmetically.  No tritium source and I guess no more battery units available.

The mount is an inch dust cover that has been "somewhat" modified to work on metric rifles.  Somewhat, in that with it in place neither of my two FALs would lock shut.  

After a few visits to WECSOG and a Dremel, it now works.  But it's also been painted and I want it Parkerized to match the receiver, so that's in the works.  BTW, you can't use the iron sights with the SUIT mount dust cover installed.  Blocks the sightline.

Overall, it's a good piece of original optics that I'd choose again for this rifle over the bolt-down dust cover/scope rails offered by DSA and others.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be at the Nashville show this weekend. The Pope shows are damn sight better that the Goodman shows.

I got a mail this week that said there was to ba shutdown of the forums through this weekend of the FALFiles forums for some sort of upgrade. I hope so.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey Cleatus, I am still waiting for my FAL Files shirt too.  I ordered it in November, hoping to have it by Christmas.  Stupid me!  
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I would not be so ticked about the 4 month polo shirt except we hardly hear what the hell is happening with the project.  We get the usual"I will e-mail everyone about the shirts with info" line, but never have gotten a mail or any other firm, actual news.  Keep the shirt project alive!

Call the embroidery shop say " I want nnn small, nnn medium, nnnlarge, nnn XL, nnnXL and get them going!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#16]
50- when are you going to be there?  Sat or Sun?  I think we should hook up.

awp101[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[b]I've decided that I need to frequent a different FAL site, until ALL of the FaL Files probs are rectified.[/b]
View Quote

D, I don't think Bill is leaving antyime soon...[;)]

awp101[shotgun]

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#18]
SCREW A $5 SHIRT.........

I AM STILL WITHOUT MY $200 KIT.......

This is why I am hesitant about net sales.....

Signed,

Lookin for airfare to Texas...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Cav Vet,
You're not alone when it comes to waiting for a kit. If my kit isn't here by 15 May I am going to try and get my money back. The whole kit fiasco pisses me off. I have an early reservation number that according to the rules should have allowed me to get a great kit early in the process. Then they have the nerve to say refunds won't be given if they can provide a kit. Provide a kit by when is my question, I would like a kit by Christmas. I paid for the kit on 23 March and have nothing to show for it but high blood pressure. This was going to be my first FAL but I am fast loosing interest.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]
1. Polo Shirts - I've set a deadline of Monday for getting the problems worked out, if they're not I'm sending back all of the UNCASHED checks and money orders as well as refunding those who paid via paypal.  I ran into problems because of the type of shirt I advertised being readily available and getting the run around from the shop that was supposed to print them.  I never cashed any payments that were sent.

2. Kits - Getting More on Monday, Should finish shipping all kit orders by the end of the week.

CavVet: You are welcome to come pick up your kit, but otherwise I'm going to try to get the remainder shipped out Monday - Wednesday.

Ranger1Bob: Because we didn't have many 'EX' kits to choose from I decided to hold the early reservations for later shipping so I could get you a better kit.  If you want whatever I have lying around instead I'll be happy to send it.  I'm trying to fulfil my promise of getting those who reserved early the better kits, I apologize for the delay this has caused.  The decision to hold early reservations was my decision and I felt it was the right one at the time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the info Jen, It is good to hear from you.  As I mentioned before, I would rather have the shirt than a refund-I want to support the site (and have a cool shirt for dad!)  But I will accept whatever decision you make.  

If you decide to go ahead with the shirts, let us know here or on the fnfal site so I can happily wait next to the mailbox!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top