Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 2:13:26 PM EDT
Hope this isn't a dupe but Fuck.  Been buying from them for a very long time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
serious?

I thought I just got an e-mail this mornig
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
After they changed owners or whatever the fucking fuck they did I haven't bought a thing. there are better, cheaper places to buy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Weren't they bought out a year to two ago?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After they changed owners or whatever the fucking fuck they did I haven't bought a thing. there are better, cheaper places to buy.
View Quote

Yup.  I was a loyal customer and when they changed ownership my loyalty shifted just as their prices shifted up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
serious?

I thought I just got an e-mail this mornig
View Quote

They're dumping what they got.  Shit, last week they had W231 for $12.50 a lb.
I just got off the phone with them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to order from them all the time, great selection and prices. But once they changed hands and stopped selling guns, I avoided them and ignored their emails.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They don't sell C&R anymore so what do they sell?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
They're also not selling fake CZ82 magazines as "factory CZ" anymore either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just checked their website no powders or primers listed
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup.  I was a loyal customer and when they changed ownership my loyalty shifted just as their prices shifted up.
View Quote

Same ... they were my go to.

Really frustrating.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I switched to Powder Valley years ago anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Before they changed hands, the always had bulk sales on heavy stuff in flat rate shipping boxes.  Now that everything is UPS, it's not worth the inflated shipping. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Wideners use to be a good place to shop for ammo and buy LRB lower receivers.  Now they suck and I haven't bought a thing from them since the new ownership.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I never bought primers or powder from them, but they introduced me to PRVI many years ago.  Nowadays, PRVI is all Blue Box and sold everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I never bought primers or powder from them, but they introduced me to PRVI many years ago.  Nowadays, PRVI is all Blue Box and sold everywhere.
View Quote
Yup, bought my first cases of prvi m855 from them back in 07, as well as a bunch of other stuff over the years. Wish they hadn't sold out like they did, I miss all the good prices. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Who cares, stopped visiting when they sold it or whatever happened. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
 Posted By 762AR25:I switched to Powder Valley years ago anyway.
View Quote
Wydners stepped away about a year ago.

As for PV, ya been ordering from them for several years.  Be advised though, in October I was driving from Wyoming to Florida & decided to swing by PV and pick up my order. I _thought_ I would save shipping & hazmat. NOPE, by the time COUNTY sales tax was added to the $1700 pick up order it was more than sh & haz. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Stopped using Wideners when they changed ownership.  Before that I did a lot of business with them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
WTF do they sell?  Quit guns quit powder primers.....

I havent bought since the buyout anyways
View Quote

Stuff like this cracks me up.  Buy a business and note that 80% of the business is lower margin.  So according to my MBA training, and my clever skill of recognizing that 80% of the business is low margin, we're going to exit the low margin crap and make our bazillions selling only the high margin stuff!  Yea!

And so, they dump off basically half the core of the company.   And then wonder why no one is shopping there any more.

Whatever, not my problem.  I will say, I've picked up some crazy deals with the stuff they are dumping.  And as long as they keep doing that, I'll pick them up.  But yea, buying 20 cent bullets that were marked up to 40 cent bullets and then put on Amazing! sale for 25 cents/bullet (which is the model of most of their "Sales") + 2X shipping and handling that everyone else charges -  ain't going to work.   everybody and their dog sells bullets and brass (and most are cheaper than Wideners is now).  Unless your prices are exceptional, it's the primers and powder that people are looking for.

Hope Mr. Wideners got a very nice deal for his sale, and retires in style.  And as these owners tank, maybe there will be some more great sales.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Stuff like this cracks me up.  Buy a business and note that 80% of the business is lower margin.  So according to my MBA training, and my clever skill of recognizing that 80% of the business is low margin, we're going to exit the low margin crap and make our bazillions selling only the high margin stuff!  Yea!

And so, they dump off basically half the core of the company.   And then wonder why no one is shopping there any more.

Whatever, not my problem.  I will say, I've picked up some crazy deals with the stuff they are dumping.  And as long as they keep doing that, I'll pick them up.  But yea, buying 20 cent bullets that were marked up to 40 cent bullets and then put on Amazing! sale for 25 cents/bullet (which is the model of most of their "Sales") + 2X shipping and handling that everyone else charges -  ain't going to work.   everybody and their dog sells bullets and brass (and most are cheaper than Wideners is now).  Unless your prices are exceptional, it's the primers and powder that people are looking for.

Hope Mr. Wideners got a very nice deal for his sale, and retires in style.  And as these owners tank, maybe there will be some more great sales.
View Quote

I used to buy a ton of IMI ammo. The first thing the new owners did. Raise the price of IMI. Purchased two more for safe keeping; under the new owner/s and now shoot federal 556 purchased from other vendors. Haven't purchased anything since.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Wideners was my go to place until they were bought out.  Immediately they had higher prices and less selection.  They pretty much suck at this point and you can find anything they sell cheaper someplace else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#23]
PV has been my go to for the most part since the buy out or what ever the fuck happened.  But until recently
I was having to shop at multiple places to get my orders filled and paying 2 fucking hazmats.  Have a group
of about 5 now, that we always do a group buy.  I miss the bulk bullets that Wideners used to have.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey Ray, K-Mart Widners sucks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#25]
My understanding is that they were bought by the same ultimate holding company as what LuckyGunner is owned by; not sure why they would purchase a company that specialized in reloading components and then get out of that business, but hey - just makes my choices for suppliers easier.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I was browsing their website last week and noticed no C&R guns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Wideners isn't far from me . I used to buy powder, primers and bullets from them like crazy. Since the change in ownership, the prices and selection have sucked. The powder sale last week was nice. I was low on Win231 and socked enough away to last awhile.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I unsubscribe to their email listing when I heard they no longer sell primers/powder

Guys Graft&sons is the way to go right now
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep, I haven't bought a thing from them once their ownership changed and the store just wasn't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Wideners is no longer Wideners.

View Quote

Sad but true.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#32]
They used to get mk25 sigs and used pd trade ins a long time ago. That all stopped. Do not even open emails anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I bought some nice 6.8mm bullets from them a while back when they were liquidating a bunch of inventory.  These weren't the "jack it up to then say it's marked down" prices, but legitimate clearing shit out prices.  But nothing since then.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I switched to Powder Valley years ago anyway.
View Quote

That's where I get my hazmat.
Good people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#35]
New owners ,higher prices . I have not ordered since the changes.  I noticed a trend here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I unsubscribe to their email listing when I heard they no longer sell primers/powder

Guys Graft&sons is the way to go right now
View Quote

These guys are good, too.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#37]
When Stan sold it, the company died to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#38]
What a shame, I used to love these guys
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Used to be my go to place, and I think my brother bought his LRB there.

Even after the change in ownership I made a few purchases of powder and primers there as they were the only ones with W231 at that time.  Paid more than I really wanted to, but only a few dollars.

Sucks.  I hate to see good companies change like this.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wideners is no longer Wideners.

View Quote

this.  I think I remember a data loss then the place went to shit
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF do they sell?  Quit guns quit powder primers.....

I havent bought since the buyout anyways

Yup, Its a brilliant plan, buy a successful business and wreck what made it successful. then scratch your head wondering why it failed.....
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Used to love 'em, now I hate 'em.  F Widener's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Was going to order from them last week. Ended up putting the order in at Graff's as it was cheaper even with the Haz-may fees. Primers, powder and bullets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

this.  I think I remember a data loss then the place went to shit
View Quote

This was when I stopped using them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top