Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2017 12:23:12 PM EDT
This is it. Short and to the point. This is to all of the Legislature. 

Last one you need to do....

TO: [email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected]

CC: [email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected]

SUBJECT: Support these Bills

Dear Senator;

I am your constituent. I vote in every election and am politically active.

Support the following bills:

* THREATENING VIOLENCE (SB 88): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony.

* STAND YOUR GROUND (SB 128): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" (SB 646): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc.

* OPEN CARRY (SB 644): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state's 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers.

* GUN BAN LIABILITY (SB 610): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed.

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES (SB 616): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint.

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS (SB 618): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non- "sterile" areas of airports, Which locations are outside of security checkpoints.

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS (SB 620): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, Which include the formal sessions and committee hearings.

* GUNS ON CAMPUS (SB 622): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in That It Also Clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event "not related to firearms."]

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS (SB 626): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district.

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS (SB 640): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers.

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES (SB 908): The end of gun free zones That strip the rights of the public from being reliable to defend Themselves in legally accessible spaces.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

TO: [email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected]

CC: [email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected]

SUBJECT: Support these Bills

Dear Representative;

I am your constituent. I vote in every election and am politically active.

Support the following bills:

* STAND YOUR GROUND (HB 245): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS (HB 6001): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non- "sterile" areas of airports, Which locations are outside of security checkpoints.

* GUNS ON CAMPUS (HB 6005): Would lift a ban and allow current concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in That It Also Clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event "not related to firearms."]

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION (HJR 291): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional Amendments must be approved by three-fifths of Both the House and Senate - 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate - in order to be Placed on a ballot, and then a 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to Become law.]

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES (HB 803): The end of gun free zones That strip the rights of the public from being reliable to defend Themselves in legally accessible spaces.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a response a moment ago from a Democrat. Representative Carlos Guillermo Smith This was from the other threads emails.

He bold and hitting back. He don't care. I highlighted parts in yellow. After I was done, I realized I should have just highlighted the whole thing. This guy is a cool aid drinker of lefty trash. Signs it "In equality"

Hello My Name,

Thank you for your message. Your feedback, opinions, and contributions to the legislative process play a critical role in our democracy.

On the issue of gun safety, I strongly oppose legislation commonly referred to as “campus carry” and “airport carry”. I do not believe that the proliferation of firearms by civilians on college and university campuses or in airports make Floridians more safe. In fact, I believe they make these places more dangerous for the average civilian.

I support a common sense approach to solving the epidemic of gun violence. That includes, but is not limited to:

Universal background checks for all firearms purchases
•Reasonable restrictions on assault weapons and large capacity magazines
Tightening Florida’s loose requirements for Concealed Weapons Permit holders
•Strengthening requirements for the safe storage of loaded firearms
•Increased funding for comprehensive mental health care

This legislative session, I am the primary sponsor of HB 167, which enacts reasonable restrictions on assault weapons and large capacity magazines like the ones used by the gunman at the Pulse nightclub shooting which claimed forty nine innocent lives.

For me, the tragedy at Pulse was deeply personal. Many of our constituents perished in the attack or lost loved ones on June 12th, 2016. Several of my own friends survived the shooting, their lives forever changed by gun violence.

The epidemic of gun violence has ripped my community apart and I am committed to being part of the solution to end it. No one has all of the answers to solve this complicated problem, but I respect those who are willing to come forward and share their ideas for how to address this even if we may disagree.

This quote from the late conservative U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in his majority opinion for the D.C. v Heller case rings especially true during this important debate. “Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,”

You can read the full text of HB 167 here:

In equality,

Representative Carlos Guillermo Smith
Florida House of Representatives District 49
[email protected]

District Office
4063 North Goldenrod Road, Unit 3
Winter Park, FL 32892

Capitol Office
1402 The Capitol
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300
(850) 717-5049

Common guys send a bunch more emails. These people need to be put out of business.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Sent!

I also got the ridiculous auto-responder from Carlos Guillermo Smith.  It seems he wants to ban everything except slingshots, but only with background checks of course :(

David
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sent!

I also got the ridiculous auto-responder from Carlos Guillermo Smith.  It seems he wants to ban everything except slingshots, but only with background checks of course :(

David
View Quote

So that was an auto-response? Dam, I thought I was special.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
same response from Smith.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
4:30pm bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
5:45pm bump
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got home and I sent these 2.

Hopefully will get more butt hurt responses.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got home and I sent these 2.

Hopefully will get more butt hurt responses.
View Quote

Lol you know we will.

Done
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It still surprises me how many people who consider themselves smart think it's a "common sense" approach to assume potential mass murderers will abide by laws.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep it up
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
same response from Smith.
View Quote
Let them know that's fine, but that you will do everything possible to get them removed from office the next election.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Let them know that's fine, but that you will do everything possible to get them removed from office the next election.
View Quote
2018 is coming up
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#14]
bump
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top