Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
I just saw this.... surely it's made its rounds here but... HOLY CRAP!!!
(1) How does this guy afford this much stuff? He has a freaking TANK.
(2) How is he allowed to have this much stuff. I can't even figure out what type of FFL he needs for all of that with the landmines and everything.

Has anyone ever met this guy or been to his museum?

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why, but I can't handle his videos. Seems like an interesting character and plenty of stories to tell. Pretty crazy if they were actually all in his name. Cool that someone keeps up on historical items privately in as good of a fashion. Just a little over the top
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Good place to shoot while in Colorado Springs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot at his range many times, bought a few guns from him too.  Mel is quite the character.  His wife was killed on the range about five years ago, while a video segment was being filmed--a pyrotechnic misfired, it acted like a rocket and struck her, killing her instantly.  It was a pretty bad deal.

And yes, he has quite a militaria collection.  He also hosts a full auto shoot in the fall.  Here's a link to his website, featuring all the stuff he does:

http://www.dragonmans.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Way too much freedom for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow!

Thanks for posting!

Screenname?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
What does that guy do to afford all that stuff?!

Sweet collection! Wow
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I love Dragonman's place! 20 years ago I used to drive down from Denver to play paintball with my college buddies. He was a class 3 dealer, rebuilt military vehicles, and you could rent auto's. He's hilarious. I bought a tech 9 from him too. On the long dirt road to get to his main area he has these dumbies hanging around that say things like "this women tried taking Dragonman for child support" or "this guy tried stealing from Dragonman"
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:32:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know why, but I can't handle his videos. Seems like an interesting character and plenty of stories to tell. Pretty crazy if they were actually all in his name. Cool that someone keeps up on historical items privately in as good of a fashion. Just a little over the top
View Quote

Because the dudes a blowhard. According to the bike forums the dudes a crook and a liar. Even his daughter won't talk to him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]
He took me on a tour inside all his buildings of stuff everything is in working condition and are live rounds. He said most of his stuff is donated. The strangest things that he has are bars of soap made of humans in the WW2 section.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I've heard that his custom bike/machining business or whatever scammed the shit out of people with shoddy work.

I did buy an SKS from him a long time ago though, when they could be had all day long for <$200.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He took me on a tour inside all his buildings of stuff everything is in working condition and are live rounds. He said most of his stuff is donated. The strangest things that he has are bars of soap made of humans in the WW2 section.
View Quote

Even the bombs are live? How is that even possible to get his hands on legally?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice, wonder where he got enough money to buy all that stuff
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't like privately owned collections. They usually gut several pieces of history to build a working unit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've shot at his range many times, bought a few guns from him too.  Mel is quite the character.  His wife was killed on the range about five years ago, while a video segment was being filmed--a pyrotechnic misfired, it acted like a rocket and struck her, killing her instantly.  It was a pretty bad deal.

And yes, he has quite a militaria collection.  He also hosts a full auto shoot in the fall.  Here's a link to his website, featuring all the stuff he does:

http://www.dragonmans.com/
View Quote

Ouch. I was going to ask how it is possible that he has a museum like that and hasn't had a fatal accident.

I guess he has some sort of process in place for anyone who wants to see it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes even the manicans have live grenades on them. Pretty cool. I just have a hard time with his Bostonian accent.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

While it was a great place to shoot I found you really had to watch yourself. Lots of idiots at that range.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#18]
If you want to see his mega garage with all his stuff he's collected over the years check out his facebook page. He's definitely living the life!
Dragonman
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool guy and cool shop.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]
I assembled and dressed at least 30 of the mannequins in the museum, all with correct uniform, boots, field equipment, etc.    Mel lost his wife, Terri, a couple years ago to a freak accident shooting video for Discovery or Military Channel, a 37mm smoke rounds.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160159/Woman-dies-hit-150mph-smoke-bombs-set-TV-show.html
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#21]
He's got two cute daughters too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because the dudes a blowhard. According to the bike forums the dudes a crook and a liar. Even his daughter won't talk to him.
View Quote

IIRC, one of his daughters won't talk to him.  The other one took over their moms job as business manager at the range.  The reason for the family drama is the daughters did not like the way he dealt with their mothers death and that he wasn't there enough for him after she died.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't imagine if he's a crook that ATF of FBI or someone wouldn't be trying to raid that place. I was wondering that. Even if he's got forms/tax stamps for everything, that would mean the ATF probably has several binders just for that guy. If he's a dealer (which it sounds like he is) could they legally say "hey, we'd like to do an inspection of your inventory and make sure everything is in order?" If they found one NFA item that wasn't legally part of his collection could they confiscate everything and shut him down?

Quoted:ven the bombs are live? How is that even possible to get his hands on legally?

I can't imagine the bombs are real. (1) He's a machinist... if he's good he could make replicas or (2) he somehow got his hands on dummies. But there are storage requirements that I assume apply to civilians that he is clearly not in compliance with. I don't know how big his property is but the QD arcs for bombs that aren't stored in an ECM are flippin huge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:56:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes even the manicans have live grenades on them. Pretty cool. I just have a hard time with his Bostonian accent.
View Quote

It's Brooklyn not Boston
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Incredible!  That guy must really like shopping for and buying that stuff.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#27]
His daughters. Don't mess with them or daddy will come after you!

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:05:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm impressed with how organized everything is.  I'm really sorry I didn't go see it while I lived there.  

Dragonman's was well known.  People would say, "It's a cool range, but the owner is a dickhead"    - And this was years before the infamous incident.

Seems like a real character.   I'm sorry I never met him.

http://gazette.com/dragon-mans-fire-after-stunning-tragedy-tough-guy-over-colorado-gun-empire-has-gotten-tougher/article/1596032
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Isn't Mel is a convicted felon?  I'm not certain but I heard everything was in his late wife's name.  Now that she is no longer alive, I'm wondering who's name it's all under.

If true, Mel can't own any guns.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm impressed with how organized everything is.  I'm really sorry I didn't go see it while I lived there.  

Dragonman's was well known.  People would say, "It's a cool range, but the owner is a dickhead"    - And this was years before the infamous incident.

Seems like a real character.   I'm sorry I never met him.

http://gazette.com/dragon-mans-fire-after-stunning-tragedy-tough-guy-over-colorado-gun-empire-has-gotten-tougher/article/1596032
View Quote
He's probably a dickhead because he's gotten tired of peoples shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Mel is a convicted felon.  I'm not certain but I heard everything was in his late wife's name.  Now that she is no longer alive, I'm wondering who's name it's all under.

Because technically, Mel can't own any guns.
View Quote

That story has been bandied about a lot.  I've been told it is not true--he is not a felon.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:35:01 AM EDT
[#32]
As a resident of COS, the only thing I can say is that he's a mess.

His range is unsafe, he's technically a felon, and he was the worlds best private collection of militaria and refuses to install a fire suppression system.

It's a kickass museum though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I was stationed @ Schriever/Peterson for a bit.

Drgonman's was one of the places we were ordered not to go.

Being the good little Airman I was I never went
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Crazy place
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As a resident of COS, the only thing I can say is that he's a mess.

His range is unsafe, he's technically a felon, and he was the worlds best private collection of militaria and refuses to install a fire suppression system.

It's a kickass museum though.
View Quote
How can he be a felon and be around all that shit?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mel is a convicted felon.  I'm not certain but I heard everything was in his late wife's name.  Now that she is no longer alive, I'm wondering who's name it's all under.

Because technically, Mel can't own any guns.
View Quote
Kind of dangerous throwing around accusations on a public forum about someone. Isn't this how people get sued?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:36:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Excess.

Kind of sad to see one man have so many toys stashed away everywhere that he will ultimately die with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:37:18 AM EDT
[#38]

WTF is up with that site? Everything is blurred. The internet is so broke these days.... most sites like this are so riddled with stupid ads the sites slow my interwebs down to a crawl.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#40]
LOve all the shot up cars and mannequins on the drive up especially the car that says "this guy was a registered democrat".
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Excess.

Kind of sad to see one man have so many toys stashed away everywhere that he will ultimately die with.
View Quote

Perhaps the government should force him to give his collection to others. Call it a fair share?

Dumbass commie of a comment that was.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:13:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Holy crap. If I were her I would have kept the family problems out of the public eye. Too late now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because he's not a felon. Felons are not allowed to be around guns for any reason.  It's a bullshit rumor and if it were even remotely true the ATF would've disbanded that place long ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Wow.... if that's true, he is a total POS.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:19:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wow.... if that's true, he is a total POS.
View Quote
Sounds like the collecting addiction has taken over his life and he would gladly sell a family member to buy a new tank.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#46]
What do you guys reckon the value of everything there is? Hundreds of millions for sure.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dragonman's daughter speaks out:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?215207-Dragonman-s-daughter-speaking-out

It's a good read.
View Quote

Dude sounds like a shitbird. He wouldn't give his son 4 grand to help out, then nickel and dimes him to death, literally.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What do you guys reckon the value of everything there is? Hundreds of millions for sure.
View Quote

Really depends on what is a post sample and what isn't. Maybe less than a million for everything if it is all posties. Military vehicles are cool, but probably cost less than most of his hotrods. Could be a few million, but it depends on exactly what all he has and where it came from.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was stationed in the springs years ago and been to his place a few times.  Pretty interesting, I always heard the rumor about him being a felon and everything "is in his wife's" name.  No idea if it's true, but he supports the military would park the tank out by the road was always cool to see.  He also has a motorcycle that shoots flames.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was stationed @ Schriever/Peterson for a bit.

Drgonman's was one of the places we were ordered not to go.

Being the good little Airman I was I never went
View Quote

Sorry, but bullshit. I've been at Peterson/Schriever for 20 years, and not one time has there ever been an order to not go to his range. Hell, I've been to his machine gun shoot, in uniform. Maybe your unit commander, but that would be it.

He was convicted of a felony quite some time ago, and sued to get his rights back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top