Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:08:09 PM EDT
I really don't think it is fake. Look at the smoke shadows and the dust kicked up on surrounding buildings from the detonations.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:09:48 PM EDT
Yeah, no.

That little styrofoam hobby plane isn't carrying any real ordnance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:09:57 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Man, the production values on their videos are phenomenal.
View Quote

They really are! lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:12:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chokey:
http://i.imgur.com/q1rZSeM.gif
View Quote

They forgot to add the shadow from the cloud of smoke.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:18:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1SubSailor:

They forgot to add the shadow from the cloud of smoke.
View Quote
It's on the rear of the tank.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:22:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thesandstertx:

Here.  Try this one  http://streamable.com/y38jo
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:43:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rapidfire_85:
Damn, that stuff is scary. It kinda changes the game about how air superiority dictates the battlefield. Even with jammers couldn't the bad guys just program a gps flight path? Are drones on any sort of ITAR deal?
View Quote

Effective jamming would include the GPS spectrum. Inertial guidance and automated target acquisition are possible though.

Its does not seem like 'hobbyist' technology until you accept that drones and computer programing and very much in the realm of hobbyist. Most technology started off as someones garage/basement/school project.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:48:15 PM EDT
i think what people might be seeing as 'fake' is from them using 4k cameras
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:53:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mcantu:
View Quote

The bombs themselves dropping from the drone are very clearly fake. The 'explosions' may be practical effects, but the bombs are cgi.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:55:05 PM EDT
The Madison Ave quality production values of their propaganda is part of what made me conclude that ISIS is a CIA front group.

That and the fact that the founder was in US custody for years.

We intentionally funneled weapons directly to ISIS from Libya.

We trained many of their recruits.

We allowed Turkey to allow those recruits and those weapons to transit through Turkey.

Whenever we would "bomb" them we would give the target hours of advance notice.

Also consider that their propaganda is considerably better than what Saddam Hussein had, Syria has, or Al Qaeda, or any of the other regional players has.

The state sponsor for ISIS is the US. Or at least it was under Obama.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2017 1:58:19 PM EDT by aIIan]
I guess with Hollywood on strike the CGI guys have been forced to find work outside of the TMZ.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:01:47 PM EDT
That's pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:07:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
That's pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys.
View Quote

I guess they're getting better equipped every day.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:19:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 112358:

The bombs themselves dropping from the drone are very clearly fake. The 'explosions' may be practical effects, but the bombs are cgi.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Those are real bombs and real explosions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:26:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FunYun1983:

View All Quotes

k.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:34:35 PM EDT

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:37:29 PM EDT
The bombs falling look fake as shit to me.  Target triangles are most likely post production.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:41:28 PM EDT
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

https://media.giphy.com/media/jeXiz1RAvzX44/giphy.gif
I'll take your word for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:47:30 PM EDT
I wonder if the same people calling this fake are the same people who called the teen girl suicide fake?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:03:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
I wonder if the same people calling this fake are the same people who called the teen girl suicide fake?
View Quote

Totally. One and the same.

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:07:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2017 3:11:22 PM EDT by Jmmoney]
Originally Posted By Chadnutz:
The bombs falling look fake as shit to me.  Target triangles are most likely post production.
View Quote

It is more believable that they are using those drones to spot for mortars and then doctoring the footage. Flying a drone up to +300ft. and dropping a dumb bomb with that kind of precision is a lot harder than it looks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:15:36 PM EDT
The drone they throw into the air clearly isn't the drone dropping ordinance, it's hovering. I can see them dropping VOG-15 or VOG-25 rounds from a quad copter, why would they CGI some rounds free falling and others with a streamer to somewhat retard the descent? Either way, if the video is that good, I want a quad copter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:15:57 PM EDT
Lol you can see people at ground level throwing grenades, quite obviously fake, but is it supposed to be taken as real? Or a "this is what we are going to do in the future" type propaganda video?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:18:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jmmoney:

It is more believable that they are using those drones to spot for mortars and then doctoring the footage. Flying a drone up to +300ft. and dropping a dumb bomb with that kind of precision is a lot harder than it looks.
View All Quotes

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target. No way, no how.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:57:56 PM EDT
Looks real to me. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:24:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ceetee:

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target. No way, no how.
View All Quotes

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:32:51 PM EDT

This.
View All Quotes

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. <span style="color: red;">Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target. No way, no how.

This.

I kind of hate to say it, but it really wouldn't take very much practice, and making a bomb site out of some Plexiglas would be a cinch. I don't think you realize how sophisticated hobby grade equipment is any more or how low to the ground a few hundred feet really is.

Now I don't know if the video is real or not, but it's incredibly feasible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:34:49 PM EDT

View Quote
You guys realize that they're cherry picking the footage, right?  They probably missed embarrassingly 50 times for every clip they included.  I think it's legit video, except for the BS targeting triangles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:43:37 PM EDT
The above points are likely true. I'm sure they've practiced plenty, and with practice you wouldn't be too bad. I'd assume if I practiced as a full-time job for awhile I'd be fairly good quick enough as well.

Also like all their other attack footage, they show you the good ones, not all the bad ones. They don't release the sniper or IED films where they missed, which are the majority of attempts, you only see the final cut of what they want you to see in the form of a highlights reel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:48:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
All this stuff would be stupidly easy to do.

A great deal of it can be automated in a way that jamming them is somewhat ineffective (You'll have to resort to physically shooting out of the sky) as much of the process of dropping a bomb can be automated and done just based on internal sensors + GPS.

I've been talking about this being done on the combat field for 4+ years now.

Just imagine what a battlefield will look like when a nation or group has a thousand of these things dropping tens of thousands of guided, small diameter munitions across enemy targets.
View Quote

If you have recon of the area, would could use image processing on an Arduino or Raspberry Pi to do dead reckoning navigation. At that point, it's immune to interference from jamming.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:51:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By localfiend:

I kind of hate to say it, but it really wouldn't take very much practice, and making a bomb site out of some Plexiglas would be a cinch. I don't think you realize how sophisticated hobby grade equipment is any more or how low to the ground a few hundred feet really is.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By localfiend:

I don't know a whole lot about aerial bombing, but one thing I do know is that it takes some fairly sophisticated equipment to do effectively. <span style="color: red;">Ain't nobody flying a drone hundreds of feet overhead, going, "Yeah, that's about right" and hitting a release button, and landing a bomb within two feet of his intended target. No way, no how.

This.

I agree 100%. I'm not looking at that thinking "that's not possible" - I'm thinking "Hmm, I bet it would work a lot better if..."
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:53:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Yeah, no.

That little styrofoam hobby plane isn't carrying any real ordnance.
View Quote

The drop video is from a fairly stationary platform. $10 says they're using DJI Phantoms or a close equivalent.

If you notice a lot of them show the camera "zooming in" right before the drop. I bet they're flying in at very high altitude, then descending only when they're ready to drop.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:54:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

I agree 100%. I'm not looking at that thinking "that's not possible" - I'm thinking "Hmm, I bet it would work a lot better if..."
View Quote
Quadcopter in autopilot hover, plexiglass rear sight, plumb bob front sight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:58:24 PM EDT
looks legit to me.  A tube with grenades will be next if no one stops them. Is that the Russian rifle grenade for the ak they are dropping?  Im guessing this is why SS and all the drone panic started recently.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:01:50 PM EDT

The drop video is from a fairly stationary platform. $10 says they're using DJI Phantoms or a close equivalent.

If you notice a lot of them show the camera "zooming in" right before the drop. I bet they're flying in at very high altitude, then descending only when they're ready to drop.
View Quote

In quite a few of the shots, the targets start running away before the ordinance is released - I am guessing they hear the drone and someone sounds the alarm.
That footage is most certainly real... right down to sleeping dogs, under vehicles, un-assing the area after the det
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:06:27 PM EDT
I wonder if that rounds frag pattern is not ideal for a vertical drop and is meant to be lobbed which is why it is only wounding. Still scary shit. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:09:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
I wonder if that rounds frag pattern is not ideal for a vertical drop and is meant to be lobbed which is why it is only wounding. Still scary shit. 
View Quote
I wonder if you could put a standoff spike on it so it airbursts at like 5 feet or so?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:59:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
I wonder if you could put a standoff spike on it so it airbursts at like 5 feet or so?
View Quote
It looks like they're using VOG25 grenades, not sure til I get home and look at computer. These are for the GP25 grenade launcher (on AK). 5-6 meter 'kill' radius. While overrated they likely fuck dudes up. Just because some ran doesn't mean they weren't draining from a few arteries or missing a face. 

The newer version has a small charge in the nose that bounces it up 1 meter and then the main charge detonates. 
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:09:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:21:42 PM EDT
The white plastic tailfin assemblies aren't craft projects cut up from stop signs, they're professionally made.  There's a factory somewhere making those, or maybe ISIS has some 3D printers.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:23:31 PM EDT

View Quote

Yeah this looks exactly like a Phantom footage to me and many of these drops look like they're at about 100-250 ft up.
With vehicles idling and other street noises there's no way you'd hear the drone and it's not expensive to practice something like this over and over until they become quite accurate. As you said they're cherry-picking footage and adding some post-production 'flair' but nothing about the results are fake.

Hell even the US Army says so.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:45:44 PM EDT

View All Quotes

I'm getting in to all sorts of discussions about this over here.

They do not appaer to be dropping stuf from the drone 'plane' but rather someing like a the quad copter.

Having looked at the video in slow mo and even frame by frame I'm pretty sure both the explosions and the bomb(lets) are real.

If for no other reason than it would be easyier to strap some sploady thing to a drone and drop it ( not high tech at all realy) than it would be do that in video production.
The differnece in detail/physics level between the crappy targeting overlay and what you would need to pull of for the bomb + explosion is astronomical.

Just my guess but tag for someboy who knows what they are talking about
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:53:54 PM EDT
How about we trade on a one-for-one basis. Every time they drop bombs from a drone, we drop bombs from an Arc Light strike..
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:52:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

I'm getting in to all sorts of discussions about this over here.

They do not appaer to be dropping stuf from the drone 'plane' but rather someing like a the quad copter.

Having looked at the video in slow mo and even frame by frame I'm pretty sure both the explosions and the bomb(lets) are real.

If for no other reason than it would be easyier to strap some sploady thing to a drone and drop it ( not high tech at all realy) than it would be do that in video production.
The differnece in detail/physics level between the crappy targeting overlay and what you would need to pull of for the bomb + explosion is astronomical.

Just my guess but tag for someboy who knows what they are talking about
View Quote

The article from the site that I found the video said it was from a quad copter.  Something like these:

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:59:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:59:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By killahurtz:
Fake as fuck CNN
View Quote

my thought too complete garbage
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:02:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dirtyone04:
Looks to be just simple mortars. I may be wrong.

They are learning....Frighting to see where this goes.
View Quote

not mortars even 60mm mortars weigh about 2lbs

I think the whole thing is fake.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:12:04 AM EDT
UAV Systems has consumer quad copters with 8kg (17+pounds) payload. That's a good amount of HE.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:17:27 AM EDT

Makes you wonder how long until someone rigs one of those up here in the states and drops it into a football or baseball stadium?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Observer:

Hard to see exactly what the payload is but quads dropping grenades like that is probably an effective terror weapon.

Makes you wonder how long until someone rigs one of those up here in the states and drops it into a football or baseball stadium?  

New Year's eve, Times Square. Imagine several, piloted from rooftops a few blocks away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:19:29 AM EDT
So some goat f'ers are flying a styrofoam plane 1000' above targets and getting pinpoint accuracy w/ gravity bombs.

Calculating for the forward momentum of the bomb better than guys dropping them out of the side of bi-planes in WWI.....

Sure.
Page / 3
Top Top