Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/4/2003 10:04:08 AM EDT
I, among atleast eight others were victims of a fraud case on GunsAmerica.com. I (along with the others) bought a Desert Eagle from a guy named Robert Cicero. The problem is...we all bought the same gun..and no one got the firearm. Being a teacher in the summer this is quite devistating. This person was quite articulte and talked to me a few times untill I felt comfortable buying the firearm. He had a cellphone number that is now disconected. He posed as a used car salesmen. I feel like such an ass... GunsAmerica.com has been great about the whole thing...they, in fact, smelled a rat before I did. If you have any questions please post...ill try to respond. This is his info: Robert Cicero 15236 S. 16th Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85045 telephone, 602-538-1398(disconected) I think a bad idea is to piss off a bunch of gun owners...but the liberals are waiting for people like us to strike back...then they will be right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:50:41 AM EDT
South 16th Ave in Phoenix? A pretty nasty part of town when I lived in the area. It may be just a mail drop.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:19:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TRW: South 16th Ave in Phoenix? A pretty nasty part of town when I lived in the area. It may be just a mail drop.
View Quote
Actually, that would be Awautukee.... the other side of South Mountain, and a fairly nice neighborhood. But, yeah, it could be a Mail Boxes Etc.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:40:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/4/2003 11:42:42 AM EDT by chetchat]
Edited because I was rude, sorry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:57:11 AM EDT
I got caught up in something like this on ebay during the PS2 launch, it involved 17 people. I eventually got my money back after a couple months, the guy was never found, every contact ended up fake and phone numbers were disconnected. Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:08:56 PM EDT
Well, I just tried that info on a couple of people-finding sites, and the closest thing to that that I found was a Robert Cicero in Mesa, AZ, but that might not be 100% accurate anyways. I would start by contacting the other people he defrauded, and contact the proper authorities.
Top Top