Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2003 3:23:37 AM EDT
Which one? I shoot the Q3131A now but the Lakecity is cheaper.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:07:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good post, TJ.

I, too, have fired a healthy amount of S&B with no problems. A number of people have issues with S&B but thus far, it has functioned properly for me.

Also, the American Eagle .223 by Federal is pretty good stuff. Very consistent, clean ammo. Not to mention inexpensive.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Q3131A is XM195 --- basically   If you look at the mil specs on both they are the exact same.  The only real difference is who and where it's made.  XM193 made by federal in the USA, and Q3131A Made by Olin in Israel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
wolf 62 grain.

the appliances/vehicles don't know the difference.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys,

Which do you guys shot 55gr. or 62gr.? I've read that the short 16" barrel of a m4 stabalizes the 55gr. better for better performance once the bullet reaches the target.

What do you guys know f this?

I have only had s&b in .40s&w. I had problems with misfires. I bought about 2000 rds and had maybe 5 misfires. Too many for me but in training no problem it gave me practice doing malfunction drills. Maybe old ammo? I thought it was my gun but as soon as the s&b ran out so did the misfires.

I've heard wolf is bad stuff because the case is lacquer on them at gums up your gun. Is that true?

I'm trying to figure out the best ammo to store for a rainy day and also shoot from the supply and replenish with new ammo.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks guys,

Which do you guys shot 55gr. or 62gr.? I've read that the short 16" barrel of a m4 stabalizes the 55gr. better for better performance once the bullet reaches the target.

What do you guys know f this?

I have only had s&b in .40s&w. I had problems with misfires. I bought about 2000 rds and had maybe 5 misfires. Too many for me but in training no problem it gave me practice doing malfunction drills. Maybe old ammo? I thought it was my gun but as soon as the s&b ran out so did the misfires.

I've heard wolf is bad stuff because the case is lacquer on them at gums up your gun. Is that true?

I'm trying to figure out the best ammo to store for a rainy day and also shoot from the supply and replenish with new ammo.
View Quote

From what I've heard, the problem with Wolf used to be that, but it's somehow alleviated.

My only gripe with Wolf: it smells bad.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Q3131A - L.C. XM 193

Six of one, half dozen of another.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top