Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 4:13:33 PM EDT

In response to the yesterday's casualties in Iraq, the President's response to the opposition was "Bring it on"

I'm sure that's what he felt deep down, and there is nothing wrong with that, but as President he has an obligation to tame the tongue and not be so macho.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Same to me as "play with fire and get burned".
Is it time to remove the gloves?

MM419
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it, like after 9/11 bush should have said something like hey you towel head mother fuckers you try one more thing we will get your family kill them and nuke your country and all the rest of you dirty towel heads will get shipped back to the desert.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
That's the way most people I talk to feel.  We're tired of not seeing that reflected in our leaders.

Bush isn't just our elected president.  He's a proven leader.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
buffalo- [:K] how many of these posts do you think the guys here are going to bite on?
Go back to liberal land will ya  [:K]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I suspect the guys in Iraq would approve, and that's all that matters to me.  The liberal peckerheads who disapprove of the remark can go sit on a rusty nail.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Im proud of him. People curse politicians for not telling the truth of half truths or waddling around things so not to lose votes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush is right.  The Arabs wanted a fight and they got one.  They're losing, badly, too.  It is nice to see Arab terrorists taking on actual armed troops instead of women and children for a change.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
GW rocks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, he should be more sensitive & demure when confronting those who wish to kill us and ours. Afterall, that is what the enemies of America will listen to and respect in the long run. He should let the state department take the lead when it comes to global conflict resolution issues... [rolleyes]

It seems that the world has forgotten the law of the playground and that the leftists have convinced some of you that America should be the little b*&%! of the world rather then the other way around. Tisk, tisk, tisk...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In response to the yesterday's casualties in Iraq, the President's response to the opposition was "Bring it on"

[red]I'm sure that's what he felt deep down, and there is nothing wrong with that, but as President he has an obligation to tame the tongue and not be so macho.[/red]
View Quote

Really?
And how do YOU feel deep down?
"W" is a Texan, one way or another.  He's not obliged to tame his speech or act less macho to you, me or anybody else, even if they're from Texas, too.
Are you coming back any time soon or is this a hit and run?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, he should be more sensitive & demure when confronting those who wish to kill us and ours. Afterall, that is what the enemies of America will listen to and respect in the long run. He should let the state department take the lead when it comes to global conflict resolution issues... [rolleyes]

It seems that the world has forgotten the law of the playground and that the leftists have convinced some of you that America should be the little b*&%! of the world rather then the other way around. Tisk, tisk, tisk...
View Quote

RIGHT on brother! We need to be more [M.Savage]sssssseeeeeennnnsssssiiiitttttiiiiiiivvvvveee[M.Savage]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
It is time to call a "spade" a "spade".  GW realizes that everything else has failed to bring about peace from the middle east.  Until those towell headed jokers realize that we can always find new ways to kick their sorry asses, they'll continue to sit around and think of ways to kill us.  

To me, this is just like school yard.  When the bully moves in and you know he is going to come after you, the best thing to do is to take the fight to him so you can do it on your own terms.  Soccer moms may have a lot of problems with this but mothers really never understood that philosphy anyway.  I do think 9/11 came a long way in helping them understand though.

GW is just telling it like it is and should be.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[red]I'm sure that's what he felt deep down, and there is nothing wrong with that, but as President he has an obligation to tame the tongue and not be so macho.[/red]
View Quote

Really?
And how do YOU feel deep down?
"W" is a Texan, one way or another.  He's not obliged to tame his speech or act less macho to you, me or anybody else, even if they're from Texas, too.
Are you coming back any time soon or is this a hit and run?
View Quote

I remember hearing stories, from a Prof and people in the admin at that time, about another tough talkin, foul mouthed tell it like its is make no apologies president from texas his initials were LBJ. Sometimes you have to call it like you see it, and it's rare that a politician will do that anymore because it's not PC. As a president he has the obligation to represent us, and when you get rid of the vocal minority and look at the silent(though not so silent anymore) majority Bush did just that he said what many many many many many of us feel about this shit. I may not agree with everything BG does but damn I am proud of our Prez.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like it, like after 9/11 bush should have said something like hey you towel head mother fuckers you try one more thing we will get your family kill them and nuke your country and all the rest of you dirty towel heads will get shipped back to the desert.
View Quote

[headbang]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I think his honest language is one of the things that has made GW so popular. He doesn't speak down to his subjects like Clinton did. He says what he thinks and means it, much like Reagan did. Though Reagan had it down to an art. He could tell world leaders to eat shit in a way that only he could and they'd eat it up like it was candy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really want some trigger time against those guys.
View Quote

You and me both, I want so bad to take out some raghead terrorists that my wife thought I was gonna book a flight a while back, LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top