Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2003 6:45:06 PM EDT
Remember the UN sending US Rangers to get a certain Somali warlord?

You just know the UN wants US troops to get this guy:

[url]http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/reuters07-02-120616.asp?reg=AFRICA [/url]

BLACKHAWK DOWN PART II

CRC
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry, if it isn't in the government/corporate's best interest (not the same as the American People/Troops's best interest) to go to Liberia, our troops won't be sent there. The UN is a tool of our Government, to be ignored or invoked when it suits us. I'm not saying that's a bad or a good thing, I'm just calling it as I see it. I hope to God you are wrong about a possible BHDII scenario.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Get ready. This is going to be the biggest hypocrite parade in years. The same people who want us to backfill the mass graves in Iraq have already started screaming for G.I. Johnnie to go straighten out this west african shithole.

Tell ya what. Let's let France handle this one.[devil]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Great.

What frickin' jungle-monkey diseases are we gonna get our boys infected with this time to bring home?

Ebola? Marburg? Dengue fever? Monkeypox? West Nile Virus?

Fucking cesspool of humanity.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Remember the UN sending US Rangers to get a certain Somali warlord?

You just know the UN wants US troops to get this guy:

[url]http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/reuters07-02-120616.asp?reg=AFRICA [/url]

BLACKHAWK DOWN PART II

CRC
View Quote

Send all the violent people from a different African country there?

Liberia would be twice as deep in the toilet. But the country sending it's fighters to get Taylor would be at least a little bit more peaceful.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I saw somewhere (don't remeber the link) that Howard the prick Dean wants our troops there. Is this not the same rat bastard that was anti-war and said Iraq is not better off now that Hussy is gone?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
we should send us made smallpox bioweapons instead

kill the problem

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't this guy dealing with Clinton and Jesse Jackson several years ago?  My memory is rotten so maybe I shouldn't bring it up but I have a faint recollection about control of diamonds or oil or some other natural resources in that country...  Anyone know anything about this or should I just get off the sauce?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
The reports are that the force will be command and control group of around 100 that will coordinate with a force from African nations.  They will stay less than 90 days and hand off their part to a UN unit.

If so, OK by me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wasn't this guy dealing with Clinton and Jesse Jackson several years ago?  My memory is rotten so maybe I shouldn't bring it up but I have a faint recollection about control of diamonds or oil or some other natural resources in that country...  Anyone know anything about this or should I just get off the sauce?
View Quote

[booze]

You're close, but the 700 Club's [u]Pat Robertson[/u] & Liberian President Charles Taylor are the Diamond & Gold Buddies.

[Correction: [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A24081-2001Oct19?language=printer]Pat Robertson[/url] [b]AND[/b][url=http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/baroneweb/mb_011112.htm]Clinton/Jesse Jackson[/url] are/were working with Charles Taylor to rip off the people of Liberia.]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad juju.
We can't win this, will lose a lot of good men and it will harm this country for decades.
The french are intentionally trying to draw us in to this and are using the UN to do it.

Tropical Africa is the last place on this planet we should be sending our men.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.kimdutoit.com/dr/essays/essays.php?id=P82[/url]
check this out, intersting read
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The reports are that the force will be command and control group of around 100 that will coordinate with a force from African nations.  They will stay less than 90 days and hand off their part to a UN unit.

If so, OK by me.
View Quote

Wasn’t that the same thing they said about Vietnam in ’68?

Sense when has a military deployment stayed within the initial time line?

I can’t believe they can even say it with a straight face these days.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Why don't we do this.  Any American can volunter to go to Liberia and fight for the USA.  AFter we are done we get 25 acres each to keep free of charge....mines included.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.kimdutoit.com/dr/essays/essays.php?id=P82[/url]
check this out, intersting read
View Quote

I read it. I could practically hear the savages swinging their machetes and pounding their tribal drums through the jungle. Essentially, du Toit portrays Africans' problems as self induced and ignores the HUGE influence of centuries of colonial neglect and exploitation, as well as the fact that the recent carnage and hell is being supported and directed by western corporations' (read: oil, diamonds, mineral, etc..) fueling, funding, and arming of the civil wars and corrupt regimes; and western governments trying to "help" with more of the same neglect and exploitation that got Africa into this mess to begin with. When he states that our news media shouldn't even report what's going on over there because it's just too frustrating, he's showing his true colors. Du Toit knows that we're [i]already[/i] un-informed on the topic by our corporate media (nothing is reported in context or with any relevant history), so for us it seems like the Africans are just sub-human savages that don't value life as we do, and tribal warfare and canabalism is the norm. While he's right when he says that we should butt-out and stop interfering in Africa, I'm sure he isn't referring to Shell, Exxon, DeBeers, et al.

OH, and I just realized another reason this guy was making me sick...he looks like frickin' Michael Moore:

[img]http://www.kimdutoit.com/dr/images/KimsNewSpecs.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/21/smmichael-moore.jpg[/img]

Are these assholes related?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:38:51 AM EDT
[#15]
[b]So Are We Going To Do The UN's Bidding In Liberia ?[/b]

Sure, wht not? Remember, Bush said, "No nation building."
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#16]
want to 'fix Africa'?

Fix it the same way the Romans 'fixed' carthage.  Give everybody guns and last one standing gets the place.

Peacekeeping doesnt work.

We, or Nato, or the future EU army, are going to be in the 'former' Yugoslavia forever (or several Generations, at least a century).  Blood feuds such as there, and in most of Sub-Saharan Africa and in Isreal/Palestine, dont get fixed by seperating the parties involved.  They dont get fixed until one side or the other gets pounded into submission, or eliminated totally (by either being sublimated into the other people, or by being out right killed).

Oh about this:

OH, and I just realized another reason this guy was making me sick...he looks like frickin' Michael Moore:
View Quote

I have a couple more reasons

1- he is a guy named Kim, that just aint right.

2- du Toit? that sounds awful French, that just aint right either...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:50:59 AM EDT
[#17]
kim dutoit is actually on our side about alot of things. i think he's OK.

but back to the thread:

we are NOT doing the UNs bidding in liberia. and to jump to such a conclusion simply shows me that A.) you dont know anything about liberia and B.) you havent really listend to the entire news story.  the UN has nothing to do with it. liberias neighbors are asking us to intervene. just as they did when i was part of of an intervention force there some years ago. we created liberia and offered free passage to ex-slaves who wanted to be repatriated in their own land. WE (the US) is responsible to the people of liberia in much the same way we are responsible to the people of guam or the US virgin islands should disaster or unrest strike there. while true we dont have the same LEGAL obligation we have to official US territiories we have a MORAL obligation and i think Pres. Bush is doing the right thing on this.

besides. he's sending a platoon from FAST Co. in Rota spain to re-enforce the embassy. hardly "blackhawk down 2"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:13:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
kim dutoit is actually on our side about alot of things. i think he's OK.

but back to the thread:

we are NOT doing the UNs bidding in liberia. and to jump to such a conclusion simply shows me that A.) you dont know anything about liberia and B.) you havent really listend to the entire news story.  the UN has nothing to do with it. liberias neighbors are asking us to intervene. just as they did when i was part of of an intervention force there some years ago. we created liberia and offered free passage to ex-slaves who wanted to be repatriated in their own land. WE (the US) is responsible to the people of liberia in much the same way we are responsible to the people of guam or the US virgin islands should disaster or unrest strike there. while true we dont have the same LEGAL obligation we have to official US territiories we have a MORAL obligation and i think Pres. Bush is doing the right thing on this.

besides. he's sending a platoon from FAST Co. in Rota spain to re-enforce the embassy. hardly "blackhawk down 2"
View Quote

You haven't given any better reasons then "The UN wants us to do it." We have [b]NO[/b] so-called "MORAL obligation" to get involved in this mess.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#19]
If it's "OK" to send USGI's to protect the "blacks" from the "blacks"....

Let's send USGI's to protect the "Whites" from the "blacks"!

U.S. TROOPS to Zimbabwe!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:03:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If it's "OK" to send USGI's to protect the "blacks" from the "blacks"....

Let's send USGI's to protect the "Whites" from the "blacks"!

U.S. TROOPS to Zimbabwe!!!!!!
View Quote

Actually going in to Zimbabwe would be to protect black from blacks.

The intimidation and treatment the Whites have received pales compared to what Mugabe and his goons have done to the MDC and its supporters.

If anything in the last few years Mugabe has taken a 'dont touch the whites' stance (granted there have been incidences), all the while butchering the blacks who oppose his despotism.  The whites while subjected to intimidation and threats are simply run out of town as it were.  Blacks on the other hand are killed/raped/tortured en-masse.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:31:50 AM EDT
[#21]
[b]So Are We Going To Do The UN's Bidding In Liberia ? [/b]

Yes, and Bush is making up for hurting their "feelings", and he could use a few more black votes, come election time.

Going into Africa, and praising the supremes "Diversity" decision, will help him make up the votes he's lost from conservatives...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so, OK by me.
View Quote

Wasn’t that the same thing they said about Vietnam in ’68?

Sense when has a military deployment stayed within the initial time line?

I can’t believe they can even say it with a straight face these days.
View Quote

YEAH!  Also the French got their butt kicked in Vietnam before we went in just like they're getting their butt kicked in Liberia as we speak.  2,500 French soldier in Liberia and everyone is shooting at them, not just the rebels.

Shok
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bad juju.
We can't win this, will lose a lot of good men and it will harm this country for decades.
The french are intentionally trying to draw us in to this and are using the UN to do it.

Tropical Africa is the last place on this planet we should be sending our men.
View Quote

History repeting itself only in a different part of the world. Replace tropical africa with southeast asia. It's the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:03:19 AM EDT
[#24]
OMFG, what possible good could come from sending U.S. soldier boys over there?  The American people can handle soldiers getting killed in Iraq/Afganistan, but if so much as a single drop of blood is shed in Liberia, it would be a political firestorm.  Bush ain't doing it.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#25]
If the U.N. is so fucking worried about what's going on in Liberia, then the U.N. can send the blue helmets in there.  Round up some French, German, and Russian peacekeepers and let 'em roll.  

The U.N. is supposed to be the world's policeman, not the U.S.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top