Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2003 1:47:56 PM EDT
Today I pulled into a parking lot that isn't very busy at all, most business activity there doesn't involve public interaction. I pulled in to talk on the cell phone, and before I was done with my call a black Hummer with no plates visible, just a Colorado dealer advertisement like they put when there's no plate, parked just left of my vehicle and in the row in front of me. A minute or so later an older blue Pontiac Trans Am pulled up along side the Hummer and a female got into the Hummer's back seat. I kinda joked on the phone about a drug deal. They sat in the Hummer for about 15 minutes then pulled away as to circle my truck. As they circled my vehicle they didn't stop staring for a second. I got the pistol out because they looked real shady, prison types IMO. I hung up the phone and kept my eyes on them as they stared at me. They ended up stopping in the same area they were parked originally, the female got out, she went to her car and got in. Meanwhile another scummy looking guy in a white Camero pulled up along side the driver side of the Hummer and spoke to the the occupants. Then all three vehicles just left the parking lot in the same direction. Really strange I thought. What do you guys think? Was I just too paranoid or does this sound fishy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:50:09 PM EDT
I think you just saw a "Bang Bus" episode being filmed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:53:34 PM EDT
sounds like a drug deal. What'd the chick look like. Doper or hooker?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:55:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DzlBenz: I think you just saw a "Bang Bus" episode being filmed.
View Quote
LOL! DzlBenz, are you a Jayhawk? 2000 Alum myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 2:02:54 PM EDT by Orlaam]
Bang Bus [ROFL] This chick looked skanky. She looked like a biker chick. Not extremely weathered or worn-out, just poor. Both guys in the Hummer had sleeves (tattoos) with shaved heads and mustaches. Didn't look like they bought this Hummer with clean money.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:31:33 PM EDT
To paraphrase the old psychyitrist joke, 'who's' paranoid, you're the one having all the weirdness! Rather than'labeling 'everyone in your surroundings, ever ask yourself if it's any of your business? WGAF who/what was going on if you weren't 'invited'? You pulled-into the parking lot, just pull out if all this 'activity' disturbs you. jeez, who needs Big Brother with wannabe snitches lurking in PL's! For your sake I hope this non-event doesn't represent any form of significance in your life{?]. And you got out your 'heat'?--maybe universal 'defense' isn't a good idea! What is it with Hummers 'setting-off' the fantasizing busy bodies[isn't this at least the 2nd zoomie post re: Hummers?]? Is this another manifestation of our 'snitch culture'? Bet the cops would get a good laugh about a 'prison-types and skanky female in PL' report-were you by any chance IN the police HQ parking lot? Did you call 911 or der faderland security-was probably a slow day for them also. DO hope you acquire some significance in your life; it must really hurt currently. Ghost
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:01:27 PM EDT
Sounds like people going about their own business. What do you care? Afterall people are free to come and go as they please. You got a problem with that? Just because you dont approve of the way they look?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:16:06 PM EDT
Who are you? fucking Sherlock Holmes? What do you care.... Mind your own business
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:21:28 PM EDT
There's no harm in maintainting awareness, but did you ever think that maybe there were thinking the same thing about you? Maybe they were thinking, "who's the shady dude in the truck, and why is he eyeballing us?"
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:26:19 PM EDT
If it involves me in any way, shape, or form, it's my business. If I see it, it's my business. I have no idea what it was, though...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:01:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Not_A_Llama: If it involves me in any way, shape, or form, it's my business. If I see it, it's my business. I have no idea what it was, though...
View Quote
No shit you [b]"have no idea what it was, though"[/b]... you weren't even there. For all we know half of this lame story or for that matter the whole thing is something this cheese dick made up. Some of the threads posted on this board are so lame they really discredit what this site is all about. No wonder antigun folk think some of you boys are a bunch of nuts! --RR
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:04:25 PM EDT
I guess I"m alittle different from most of the previous responders. When the little hairs on my neck start talking to me, I've learned to listen. Odds are that your's were screaming at you...lets see. These folks pull up AFTER you, then they drive AROUND your vehicle, watching you hard all the time...and all these other people that responded to your post WOULDN'T get nervous? WTF? ...I might not have pulled my piece but I'd have watched'em like a hawk...Most likely would have cranked up and done a little driving around myself, while calling a buddy on the cell phone, being sure to stare EXTRA hard at their faces just to see their reaction...Don't let anyone convince you to ignore your own 'gut feelings', 'spider-sense', or 'neck-hairs'...Your mind will pick up on scores of non-verbal cues and process them into a warning, if you'll just let yourself listen. They MAY have been druggies, or they may have been just cheating on their spouses, or even on their way to church, you'll never know, but you DO know that if they'd been inclined to see you as food, you were prepared.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:09:45 PM EDT
Roadrunner: be quiet. People are trying to talk.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:11:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:22:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hsvhobbit: I guess I"m alittle different from most of the previous responders. When the little hairs on my neck start talking to me, I've learned to listen. Odds are that your's were screaming at you...lets see. These folks pull up AFTER you, then they drive AROUND your vehicle, watching you hard all the time...and all these other people that responded to your post WOULDN'T get nervous? WTF? ...I might not have pulled my piece but I'd have watched'em like a hawk...Most likely would have cranked up and done a little driving around myself, while calling a buddy on the cell phone, being sure to stare EXTRA hard at their faces just to see their reaction...Don't let anyone convince you to ignore your own 'gut feelings', 'spider-sense', or 'neck-hairs'...Your mind will pick up on scores of non-verbal cues and process them into a warning, if you'll just let yourself listen. They MAY have been druggies, or they may have been just cheating on their spouses, or even on their way to church, you'll never know, but you DO know that if they'd been inclined to see you as food, you were prepared.
View Quote
If you're a CCW holder I'd like to know who trained you? Basic rule.. avoid confrontation or escalating a situation. This means if you really were living out the events this person describes... you are in your car, they are in their car. There is no immediate threat. If you think you sense a potential threat? AVOID IT... that means leave, drive away, go home to mommy, get it??? Never provoke or escalate a harmless situation. Awarenes is one thing... a wannabe cop is another... --RR
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:22:01 PM EDT
Yeah, I guess the previous responders are also unaware of their surroundings and jump to conclusions like women often do, turning a simple story into some sort of novel. If I gave a shit like some said I would have called the police, but I didn't see anything to call on. When they circled my vehicle I made the decision to get the pistol out from the glove box because it's difficult to get to. If they wanted to do something should I have waited until it was too late? I didn't show the gun or chamber a round, they didn't even see me reach over since they were in my blind side at that point. By the way, ghost556, invited? Can you read? I was already there on the goddamn cellphone! Next time I'll really mind my own business and NOT call the police when you or someone you know or love is in trouble, how'd you like that? Apathy is a terrible thing you know. Also, look up snitch in the dictionary; I DIDN'T CALL THE COPS!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:23:14 PM EDT
Why so many assholes on this forum??
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:23:57 PM EDT
Orlaam was only posting a strange occurrence which took place during the routine course of his day. He was only seeking the interpretations of fellow board members. WTF is wrong with guys like the 1 roadrunner, ghost556 and 1776, who go on to insult Orlaam. You guys don't expect us to believe that you go about your daily lives and ignore strange encounters. Lighten the fuck up! It says a lot about you three assclowns, that you slam the guy for seeking our interpretations. If you don't like someones post, then don't reply to it. Keep walking around your day to day lives playing unconcerned and oblivious to your surroundings. I know you 3 cheesedicks would NEVER uncover or discover anything because you are too busy minding your own business. Atleast be smart enough to pay attention when you sense something weird going on around you. If you don't have anything polite to say then shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:27:12 PM EDT
[LOL] So true, so true!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:38:55 PM EDT
If you didn't see the scragly woman exiting the hummer with something in hand, then I would say it might have been an information exchange. But, most likely, it was a drug deal. Kudos to you Orlaam for COVERING YOUR ASS and taking responsibility for your own safety. You acted perfectly correct. Weird shit has a way of finding me, and I have responded in the same way on several similar occasions. Disregard the previous comments by ignorant posters, for they will perish due to lack of attention. Whenever you are out in public, PAY FUCKING ATTENTION. The life you save may be your own!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:12:01 PM EDT
Thank you for being respectful. It was more or less just a strange event, but I still wanted to keep my eyes open to what was going on. I guess I could have driven away, but having been on the phone until they started around the truck I was more attentive to what they were up to than leaving. Had they approached me or something I would have just drove off. I don't actively look for trouble AT ALL! Yeah, she had her purse, so who knows. Oh well, take care.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:19:47 PM EDT
Gotta love the 'critics'... Don't ignore your gut, just ignore the gutless critics.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:25:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By the1_roadrunner: Who are you? fucking Sherlock Holmes? What do you care.... Mind your own business
View Quote
Soooooo, were you in the hummer, trans am or camaro ??
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:29:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Orlaam: Why so many assholes on this forum??
View Quote
And fresh one's at that. When I was a kid, I wouldn't be caught dead in the house during summer vacation. Orlaam's new story: So I'm sitting in a parking lot, talking on the cellphone in my car and I see this skate punk wearing a "1776" t-shirt stop in the parking lot. A couple minutes later, another skater rolls up wearing, I kid you not, a Roadrunner t-shirt (man that was a great cartoon). So these guys huddle together like they are kissing with their foreheads or some crap. After a minute, they break their "embrace" and skate around my car -- all the while, staring at me....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:38:23 PM EDT
Awareness saved myself and my wife the other night. Do NOT ignore your instincts. Weird shit happens. As long as you threaten no one, it doesn't matter one whit to me where your gun is. The guy who trained ME ( well, one of them ) Recommended a level of preparedness you are comfortable with, no more, no less. The more experienced you get, the closer to "appropriate" your responses will be. Not necessarily because you're doing what's expected of you, but because you can more readily and clearly articulate the feelings and observations that prompted your actions. My sidearm has found my hand on several occasions, twice at my wife's prompting as someone approached us, at night, at the drive-thru, from my blind side. He got within arm's reach of me... Then we had a terse conversation. At no time did I let him see my sidearm, but it was there and ready. Was he a harmless bum or a carjacker? I don't know. But he chose me. I didn't choose him. Therefore, I feel I acted appropriately. In the same situation, I wouldn't have given a rat's butt what they were doing until they drove around to take a good hard look at me. Then I'd have smiled and blatantly dialed my phone to observe their reaction. Other than that, the responses given would have been mine. Sorry, I don't see anything wrong with being prepared. Our boy didn't get out and confront them, or wave his gun, or do any of the hundred thousand things that idiots without proper training do to get themselves in trouble every day. No harm, no foul. I don't know what he witnessed either. I'm just happy he's here to tell us about it. Panz [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:44:42 PM EDT
Soooooo, were you in the hummer, trans am or camaro ??
View Quote
neither, but I am the guy who will be avoiding using a parking lot as way to meet someone from now on in fear I may run accross some punk kid or newbie with a gun looking for a reason to use it. Grow-up chump... and if ya don't like it Orlamm? I see you're in AZ... I'd be glad to have you over for a beer and we can further this discussion... just say the word... --RR
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:46:27 PM EDT
H1 or H2?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:53:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rileyindy: rileyindy`s new wetdream fantasy story: So I'm sitting in a parking lot, talking on the cellphone in my car and I see this skate punk wearing a "1776" t-shirt stop in the parking lot. A couple minutes later, another skater rolls up wearing, I kid you not, a Roadrunner t-shirt (man that was a great cartoon). So these guys huddle together like they are kissing with their foreheads or some crap. After a minute, they break their "embrace" and skate around my car -- all the while, staring at me....
View Quote
Your a funny guy. Now wipe your chin!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:08:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: H1 or H2?
View Quote
Ahhhh. Good point. CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:08:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Not_A_Llama: Roadrunner: be quiet. People are trying to talk.
View Quote
I think we need to be more specific. Ghost556...1776...roadrunner, be quiet. [b]Adults[/b] are trying to talk.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:12:25 PM EDT
As to the topic at hand, yes you probably witnessed some illegal activity occurring Orlaam. Don't freak, it happens all of the time, most people are just too wrapped up in their own world to notice. Not much you can do about it, just pat yourself on the back for maintaining good situational awareness and get on with your life.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:07:08 PM EDT
Way to be observant, Orlaam. You did exactly what you should have done in that situation.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:24:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 10:26:07 PM EDT by Orlaam]
I thought so (being observant that is). I've seen weird stuff before, but this was almost humorous. These people were so worried I was "watching them" as if I was a cop, but now I look back and think they were more concerned than I was. Kinda funny. As far as accessing my pistol goes, I rarely ever take it out of the case let alone holster. I've probably readied myself twice in 3 years, but why carry if a situation looks fishy and you're only going to ready yourself when the SHTF? What's the point if you're already past the critical stage? If anything, I'm probably the least ready more often than not, but in this day and age it pays to be aware. People do crap right in the middle of the day with people around; You can't be too careful. I'd tell my worst incident on the road, but I can hardly stay awake tonight. It was one where I wasn't ready and it could've gotten much worse!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:30:20 PM EDT
Orlaam, the only thing I would have done differently would have been the fact that my pistol is always loaded and stuck in my console ready to go. I have seen in my place of employments parking lot what were probably drug deals just from the way they went down...similar to your story, only I was watching through the window. I also feel that there are some very interesting newbies on this site that won't make very many friends this way. It also appears that at least one account should be locked...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:49:25 PM EDT
Orlaam, I think you did the right thing and probably I would have done the same thing as you did in this situation. It seems 1RR may have a severe case of HUA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:36:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rileyindy:
View Quote
And fresh one's at that. When I was a kid, I wouldn't be caught dead in the house during summer vacation. Orlaam's new story: So I'm sitting in a parking lot, talking on the cellphone in my car and I see this skate punk wearing a "1776" t-shirt stop in the parking lot. A couple minutes later, another skater rolls up wearing, I kid you not, a Roadrunner t-shirt (man that was a great cartoon). So these guys huddle together like they are kissing with their foreheads or some crap. After a minute, they break their "embrace" and skate around my car -- all the while, staring at me....
View Quote
[ROFL2] That was some funny $hit. You left out the part where a guy in a pink Cadilac with the license plate 556 pulls up and catches 1776 holding hands with roadrunner. He gets out in an Indian outfit and pulls roadrunners tube top off in an ensuing "catfight".
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:49:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Orlaam: I didn't show the gun or chamber a round, they didn't even see me reach over since they were in my blind side at that point. You don't keep a round chambered??????
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:12:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Pinetop:
Originally Posted By Orlaam: I didn't show the gun or chamber a round, they didn't even see me reach over since they were in my blind side at that point. You don't keep a round chambered??????
View Quote
Really! Why even carry then.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:22:28 AM EDT
probably a drug deal. or maybe she was going to blow them for some bucks. who knows. the first few replies you got, folks slammed you pretty hard for not minding your own business. i do not share their opinion. i am glad you were observant and aware of what was going on around you. believe me, any asshole circling my truck, staring at me, i'm gonna have my colt in my hand, bet your ass on it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:37:05 AM EDT
View Quote
If this type of criticism/comments bother you, I'd suggest www.fullauto.com. They'll toughen you up after a few weeks of being ripped on in every post.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:43:36 AM EDT
Sounds like the Hummer was being used for a test drive and a possible drug deal at same time (cant confiscate something you dont own). Has all the earmarks of one. Or maybe undercover police meeting with a confidential source, but dopers sound more like it. Seems like 3 posters have some paranoia about being caught at something.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:49:01 AM EDT
Well, Orlaam, I stand by what I said before. You done OK. About the only area I'd fault you in was not having a round chambered but that's a personal call. In a drill in my advanced handgun tactics class they had us do an empty chamber loading drill...it was alittle startling just how much distance can be covered in the time it takes to just chamber a round...To those few clueless enough to hammer you for being aware? Ignore them. They clearly don't have the wisdom needed to survive a deadly force encounter.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:54:34 AM EDT
Probably a CI talking to the local narc or vice guys....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:01:55 AM EDT
Isn't there a General Order that says you should take note of anything that happens within sight or hearing? Look around. Be aware. Act accordingly. Criminals love apathy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:26:31 PM EDT
Mugzilla, it doesn't bother me except to say that people don't seem to read the post before they berate others on here. Too often I see the original post get turned into some sort of twisted tale, only to start shit as opposed to adding some useful insight to the thread. I just get tired of the nonsense, that's all.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:32:01 PM EDT
I would not hesitate to later place a call to the police about something like this if it happened around me. Instincts are often right. When I read the description of the event, I became sure that you were describing a drug deal and also that the people in question posed a real danger to you. CJ
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:49:00 PM EDT
Orlaam, I see nothing wrong with what you did. Except for three minor points: 1. Load your weapon. There's nothing quite as useless as an unloaded gun. 2. Call the cops. They are paid to check out situations like this. 3. Ignore the children that post here. They don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:03:19 PM EDT
[b]Why so many assholes on this forum??[/b] it's a federal law. last i heard, if a firearm site's asshole content fell below 60%, the site was liable for a $25,000 per day fine untill it's asshole quota was brought back to the required minimum standard.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:03:36 PM EDT
Driving around the car kind of makes me wonder... were they getting a license plate number to check on later? What would have happened if you had decided to just leave right then? Would they have given chase, thinking you might be looking for the cops? Any number of things could have happened. Just wondering...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:38:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB: [b]Why so many assholes on this forum??[/b] it's a federal law. last i heard, if a firearm site's asshole content fell below 60%, the site was liable for a $25,000 per day fine untill it's asshole quota was brought back to the required minimum standard.
View Quote
Thank God, we're safe!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:15:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB: [b]Why so many assholes on this forum??[/b] it's a federal law. last i heard, if a firearm site's asshole content fell below 60%, the site was liable for a $25,000 per day fine untill it's asshole quota was brought back to the required minimum standard.
View Quote
I sincerly hope that for every person posting here there is a requirement that they have an asshole,otherwise we would all be full of shit! Bob [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top