Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/2/2003 11:26:13 AM EDT
Should teachers be allowed to carry guns at school? [url]www.foxnews.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:35:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 11:39:36 AM EDT by R-32]
This is a very hard question for me....I say that if they get a CPL/keep it on thenselves at all times then go for it...but I honestly think Teachers are one of the reasons out country is as screwed up as it is... So because most Lib. Teachers prob would not want one I would have to say OK. But God help us for the first Lib teacher that decides to go nuts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:44:25 AM EDT
i saw this segment on tv gahhhh people are such fucking idiots
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:44:39 AM EDT
BTT - this poll is getting slammed by liberals.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:47:10 AM EDT
Done. Fighting Fire With Fire Should teachers be allowed to carry guns at school? a. Yes, for their protection. (31%) b. No, it's unsafe. (66%) c. Not sure (3%)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:58:12 AM EDT
Why would a teacher be more likely to go nuts and kill people at work than any other CCW holder? And if all teachers carried, how would any one of them be able to carry anything out? Would the ALL go crazy at once?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:27:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 1:32:03 PM EDT by KeithC]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Why would a teacher be more likely to go nuts and kill people at work than any other CCW holder?
View Quote
They wouldn't. According to the antis, *untrained civilians* are more likely... to... um, wait, over 3/5 of states allow it and it hasn't happened. Oh, wait! That's right! *Pilots* are the ones most likely to go nuts because they're unprofessional, untrustworthy drunks... that we allow to fly planes carrying hundreds of people, several times a day... and, um, that hasn't happened either. I guess it *has* to be teachers that are prone to go nuts because the antis keep bleating on about how more guns will mean more needless deaths. And if it isn't *us*, and it isn't *pilots* and, God knows, the police and military are "permitted" to carry them... well, gosh, golly it has to be *some*one, right? Hm. Hey, I know this is far-fetched but, um, you don't think that maybe the antis don't know what the f**k they're talking about, do ya? [;)] Edited to add: Seriously, why is it that the antis think group 'x' is good enough to be trusted with things that carry great responsibility - flying commercial aircraft, educating our nation's youth, etc. - but, somehow, have a firearm on or near their person (hell, even in their homes!) suddenly makes them a societal hazard? How does one develop such an allergic reaction to logic?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:51:30 PM EDT
Its not just liberals. How many liberals brows Fox News on a regular basis? Yet look at that poll. Its either been hacked or even conservatives loose their minds when the words "child" and "gun" are spoken in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:17:53 PM EDT
As a former teacher in Brooklyn NY I never needed my own gun-I could ALWAYS borrow one from a student. AND THIS IS NOT A BULLSHIT TALE. I was "Offered" my 1st 1911 by a 9th grade student of mine who felt I needed it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 2:36:40 PM EDT by Texason]
My wife is a teacher [I]AND [/I] a CHL holder. We both wish she could legally carry at school. As of this year, thankfully, she is no longer at a public school, but now she has super-high-profile students... maybe she has even more risk. Edit to add: [B]Don't be lazy, go vote in this poll, we are losing!!![/B]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:59:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Its not just liberals. How many liberals brows Fox News on a regular basis? Yet look at that poll. Its either been hacked or even conservatives loose their minds when the words "child" and "gun" are spoken in the same sentence.
View Quote
based on the reactions of the "studio audiance" i saw on fox news over lunch today, i'd say even the "conservatives" are loopy on this
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:11:33 PM EDT
c'mon guys ! What do you think ? VOTE !
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:33:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By USMC_LB: c'mon guys ! What do you think ? VOTE !
View Quote
What do I think? I think we're getting spanked! [img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:40:13 PM EDT
We need a NATIONAL carry permit. People with this permit should be able to conceal carry ANYWHERE they go. ANYWHERE.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:49:15 PM EDT
Didn't the terrorist attacks against schools in Isreal stop when they armed the teachers? If it works, go with it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:06:41 AM EDT
Voted and it's 64% to "NAY".
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:54:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bvmjethead: We need a NATIONAL carry permit. People with this permit should be able to conceal carry ANYWHERE they go. ANYWHERE.
View Quote
Sounds good in theory but imagine if you were issued your "national permit" under Bush I... and then Clinton took office. What we need is national *Vermont/Alaska* laws regarding CCW. Barring that, leave it to the locals where it's easier to vote anti-gun bigots out of office.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:05:38 AM EDT
Top Top