Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2003 5:31:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
And another one bites the dust. If I had a shitload of money I'd pay to have exact replicas of them made and put back overnight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything made by Man is destined to be dust.

And while I have nothing but the utmost contempt for those who [u]try[/u] to remove the last monuments of our Judeo-Christian heritage from public view, you must put your faith in much more permanent things.

The Commandments of the Lord should be written first, in your heart. If that is so, then the foolish actions of a few pinheads will have no effect whatsoever!

Teach your children well, and they shall not depart from His ways!

[b]The LORD our God be with us, as He was with our fathers: let Him not leave us, nor forsake us:

That He may incline our hearts unto Him, to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments, and His statutes, and His judgments, which He commanded our fathers.[/b]
I Kings 8:57,58

[b]But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.[/b] Jeremiah 31:33

Let the Courts of Mankind make their decisions, the Lord, Our God, will make His!

We'll see whose decisions are left standing in the Day of Judgment of the Lord.

Eric The(SeeYouBeforeTheJudgmentSeat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Foolish actions Eric?  Please.

Church and State should be separate.  Religion should be kept OUT of the legal system.  Judeo-Christian etics, although this country was founded upon them 200+ years ago, are not the law of the land anymore.

It's time to get off the Christian high horse.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Post from Mister greenjeans -
Foolish actions Eric? Please.
View Quote

Please, what?

How as it that our Republic flourished with such Judeo-Christian icons prominently displayed thoughout the land, but the very moment that we forgot the Lord, and began to remove His name from our public discourse, we became...well, what we are today?!

How is it that the Courts were so blind to the 'evils' of the State paying homage to its Judeo-Christian roots for so long, but now have become so much 'smarter'?

For y'all who have not been alive as long as I have, you can trust me that the America that I grew up in is much more preferable to the one that you and our children will be raised.
Church and State should be separate. Religion should be kept OUT of the legal system. Judeo-Christian etics, although this country was founded upon them 200+ years ago, are not the law of the land anymore.
View Quote

Well, at least you got the history correct!

Most folks who share your views simply deny that this country was founded on His principles!
It's time to get off the Christian high horse.
View Quote

I have [u]no[/u] horse.

I am simply a witness to the Truth.

And you can shove [u]your[/u] haughty attitude into a place where even [u]your[/u] master could not find it!

Eric The(TryAsHeMight!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not saying that Judeo-Christian morals/ethics don't have value.  Clearly they do.  However it shouldn't be a state court's right to choose one set of ethics over another.

The Christian lifestyle is a good lifestyle.  It simply isn't for everyone, including myself obviously.

Let people choose their own morals/ethics.  Don't let the state endorse one over another.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#6]
What law or principle is broken by allowing a State to choose what it will place on its own public property?

If the citizens of that State object, they have every right to vote the errant knaves who dared violate the Constitutional principle [u]first[/u] 'discovered' in the 1960s(!) out of office!

I suppose that you are not a 'States Rights' sort of fellow, eh?

That's a shame! I am quite happy with my own native State, and I am quite content with the choices that it makes!

[b]Washington DC be damned![/b]

Eric The(AsItSurelyWillBe)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let people choose their own morals/ethics.  Don't let the state endorse one over another.
View Quote

So if someone likes to poke little boys in the butt and thinks that's "moral", that's ok by you?  There must be an absolute standard!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm with ETH on this one, mainly because if you look at the ten commandements they actually have moral value and except for the first two they really don't discriminate against any religion, and as for the first two we dont have them in our legal system, our country did a good job prior to the 1960s on keeping them separate by not forcing anyone to have A single religion nor forcing anyone not to practice a religion, Now if this had happened pre-1960s it wouldve been an interesting thing and it may have made sense but now it looks as if they are trying to change the legal system to have absolutely no moral standards at all. Absolutism is false and we should all know this, 2+2 will always be four no matter how you try and reason this, dont be a klinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top