Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 5:51:11 PM EDT
I bought two of these, but forgot to ask the learned members of this board if the product is any good before I purchased.  So - anybody have any experience with them?  Thanks.

[img]http://www.princetontec.com/images/product_aurora_small.jpg[/img]

Batteries: 3 AAA Alkaline
Bulb: 3 Ultra Bright White L.E.D.s
Burn Time: 50 - 160 Hours (depending on intensity setting)
Weight: 2.7 Oz.
Waterproof: 33 Ft.
Warranty: Lifetime

[url]http://www.princetontec.com/entry.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know about that head lamp.  But i can tell you that i realy love some of there other head lamps.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input, NK.  These things are SUPER light - and for their size, are very bright.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
got a couple of them. Great little lights. I use them for backpacking. Really light weight and perfect for camp chores and cooking.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I like them, but AAAs are another battery I have to stock.  Currently, 3volt lithium and AA batteries are all I have to carry.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the $12 Energizer one (2 white LEDs, one red LED) at Walmart.
It makes a nice circle beam too...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Petzl Tikka and love it. I'm backpacking up Mt. Whitney this summer, and it will be with me. I have never had/used a Princton Tec headlamp, but I've heard that they are good.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The urora and the Tikka are almost identical in terms of light production and size. Only thing is that the Aurora is on a pivoting platform for different angles and it has some different flashing settings.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm an avid hiker and have tried lots of headlamps. The Aurora is my favorite by far!
VERY bright light(variable) and the batteries last forever.

I even use it when riding my bike when it's dark. Man the cars WILL pull to the side when they see you coming as they have no idea WHAT's coming toward them!

Ed
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]
PrincetonTek make very good dive lites.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The Aurora is about as good as an ultralight headlamp can get. It is excellent.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Tate,
I really like mine.  I left the bottom of the Grand Canyon at 3:30 AM and used it until about 6 AM.
One thing if you've never had a headlamp.  With the light coming from basically eye level, they do a very poor job of casting shadows that your eyes use to discern terrain features.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
This is the one I use. Little bastard cranks.

[img]us.st3.yimg.com/store5.yimg.com/I/botach_1745_16457325[/img]

[url]botachtactical.com/photonfusion.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top